Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

5yr Veteran Anniversary Gift...a joke?

CaptRogue

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!! I haven't seen the statue but I'm glad they're recognizing founders on the anniversary of the game.

They aren't recognizing founders. I'm a founder and I wont be getting one because I don't always sub between patches/expansions due to the lack of content in this game.

It should be founders who are currently subbed. There would be way more happy founders feeling appreciated that way,

Edited by Radzkie

lol continuous subscriber for 5 years? Honestly, how many can claim that? maybe 10 people?

I can :D so... where am I gonna put this statue? I think I'll put it next to tha giant Revan statue in my palace on Nar Shadda ;)

*drops mic and does the "

" dance. Edited by ImmortalLowlife

They aren't recognizing founders. I'm a founder and I wont be getting one because I don't always sub between patches/expansions due to the lack of content in this game.

Founders are players who have continuously subbed since release. You can't sub at release, then cancel, then re-sub just to get rewards. THAT would be lame and an insult to REAL founders!

Me!

Probably more than you think. Still, it will be pretty low profile, albeit a relatively rare, decoration and reward. Has anyone seen it?

Me too...but of all the people I know, I can only think of one other who has been as well...

Well....perhaps some may find value in its exclusivity. I for one see no harm in it...folks that have remained subbed all this time certainly deserve some kind of recognition by SWTOR.

I know I don't. I think I have left this game more times than any in recent memory....and of course returned as many as well. I have no loyalty to this title to be frank, and I don't feel that they have designed it in a way to warrant my loyalty.

But then that is just me.

Founders are players who have continuously subbed since release. You can't sub at release, then cancel, then re-sub just to get rewards. THAT would be lame and an insult to REAL founders!

There's an image of it on the SWTOR website page for their 5th anniversary. You can also preview it in the decorations interface.

Me too...but of all the people I know, I can only think of one other who has been as well...

I can't think of a single one. even people who have mostly been subscribing continuously, still took occasional short breaks for whatever reason. even people who qualified for every, single subscriber/early pre-order reward - didn't subscribe every single day.

if the number of people qualifying for this statue - breaks a 100, I will be VERY surprised.

So anyone who had their sub lapse at any time for any reason, no matter how short, doesn't count as a 'founder' in your eyes? Even if they preordered and have been playing since beta? That's mighty elitist to get over a silly little decoration. XD

Dreams crushed...... :rak_frown::rak_frown::rak_frown:

/pats comfortingly.

see if it actualy WAS a physical statue, I could understand them being so strict as to who qualifies. but... its pixels. and maybe its grumpiness speaking (nyah, its not grumpiness, but it IS why I can be this flippant about it) but... its not even all that great looking http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/fallenempire/swtor5/rewards/galactic-alliance-statue.jpg

Edited by Jeweledleah

/pats comfortingly.

see if it actualy WAS a physical statue, I could understand them being so strict as to who qualifies. but... its pixels. and maybe its grumpiness speaking but... its not even all that great looking http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/fallenempire/swtor5/rewards/galactic-alliance-statue.jpg

Yeah, I'm underwhelmed. And you're right, it's just pixels. It wouldn't cost them anything extra to give it out to more people.

So anyone who had their sub lapse at any time for any reason, no matter how short, doesn't count as a 'founder' in your eyes? Even if they preordered and have been playing since beta? That's mighty elitist to get over a silly little decoration. XD

Who gets to decide what makes a founder? Is it one day lapse? One week? One month? No matter what, someone will always complain. My point was to allow someone to get a 'founder' reward when they were subbed at release, then cancelled, then re-subbed only to get some reward is lame. You're not a founder simply because you were subbed at release for a few weeks.

I could care less about the statue myself. I haven't been in my SH since soon after they released!

I could care less about the statue myself.

The statue is one thing. I couldn't care about it one bit. It's another one of these "Eternal Alliance" logos that I do not give a single thought to. Truth be told, it doesn't even symbolize SWTOR to me. Malgus, Vitiate and Satele Shan do. But not a supposed faction that was introduced one year ago to bottleneck all existing characters into one storyline.

The biggest issue is with how much of an uproar this will cause for people who accidentally lapsed for a week or two. I think that happened to me too during late 2015 - early 2016. I was out for the holidays and didn't even notice my sub lapse for two weeks due to a fault in my bank transfer.

That will cause no end of disatisfaction with Bioware's reward system. Some people might not receive it and are told "Well, you did lapse for a week back there in February 2013! Sorry!"

My honest opinion? Tie the statue to an overall amount of months subscribed. If this game has been out for 64 months by then, Bioware should do it along the lines of "Everyone who was subscribed for at least 56 months of the past five years" gets the statue. It'd at least leave some breathing space to avoid confusion about day/week lapses years ago that weren't even the customer's fault.

Edited by Alssaran

The statue is one thing. I couldn't care about it one bit. It's another one of these "Eternal Alliance" logos that I do not give a single thought to. Truth be told, it doesn't even symbolize SWTOR to me. Malgus, Vitiate and Satele Shan do. But not a supposed faction that was introduced one year ago to bottleneck all existing characters into one storyline.

The biggest issue is with how much of an uproar this will cause for people who accidentally lapsed for a week or two. I think that happened to me too during late 2015 - early 2016. I was out for the holidays and didn't even notice my sub lapse for two weeks due to a fault in my bank transfer.

That will cause no end of disatisfaction with Bioware's reward system. Some people might not receive it and are told "Well, you did lapse for a week back there in February 2013! Sorry!"

My honest opinion? Tie the statue to an overall amount of months subscribed. If this game has been out for 64 months by then, Bioware should do it along the lines of "Everyone who was subscribed for at least 56 months of the past five years" gets the statue. It'd at least leave some breathing space to avoid confusion about day/week lapses years ago that weren't even the customer's fault.

but.. but.. that would actualy be reasonable! and logical. and wouldn't exclude as many people! that just won't do! that's not how we do things here at bioware - logic and reason has no place here!. >_> (I'm being sarcastic btw)

Just saying, some of you may think you been subbed this entire time. But there's going to be a lot of disappointed people who won't get the statue due to a peyment error or what not and they may have been unsubscribed even for a single day.

I am hoping there is a little leeway. During the months we needed to remain sub'd for the HK chapter they had about a day of leeway so people with brief lapses still got the reward. I hope that's the case because I've only lapsed for a few hours :p

That would probably be better. Maybe they might have a hard time coding that script though? To count up non-consecutive months of subscription, I mean. They tend to be very bad at writing scripts to push rewards.

As has been said, it's just pixels, it's not like it would cost EAWare a bunch of money to include more people in the giveaway. I've been continually subbed without a hitch since I started playing, so I qualify for the statue, but it wouldn't make me feel 'cheated' or anything if more people got the pixels too.

You're a strange one. lmao

I'm a founder.

Edited by Radzkie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.