All the Doom and gloom is FAILING! NINE STRAIGHT MONTHS IN THE TOP 5!

Furh

Even with the nonstop doom and gloom from the couple dozen poster who clearly sub (thanks) to swtor so they are able to complain on the forums.

This has been going on for FIVE YEARS now, it's the reason why the MAJORITY of players never step foot in these forums. I have some bad news for these couple of dozen posters all of your hard work has done nothing to take down swtor. In year FIVE swtor was in the top 5 every month as this latest report shows for Sept (Oct, Nov not out yet).

http://massivelyop.com/2016/10/27/superdatas-september-report-shows-destiny-wow-gw2-swtor-and-tera-doing-well/

It's about time the couple dozen posters who have been at this for FIVE YEARS now just give up your crusade has failed.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about SWTOR's ranking, not here to argue that.

The reason I don't like this list is because ESO and FF14 are multiplatform (and therefore have split income between PC and console) so they're not fairly ranked.

Edited by Radzkie

The reason I don't like this list is that ESO and FF14 are multiplatform (and therefore have split income between PC and console) so they're not fairly ranked.

Valid point but even if it add the console part of those games it would still show swtor is NOT failing as the doom and gloomers have been trying to make happen in the forums for FIVE YEARS now.

I never pay much notice to the "game is dead or dying" threads my self.

I do however address things I personally think could be improves, removed or what not.

I see nothing wrong in claiming that something could "kill" the game or make it prosper.

There are issues with the game, some are even game killer issues, for many players.

I have been here long enough that MOST things are OK for me....but I still see issues that could have made a difference in both more players and the "status of the game".

Other then the setting, I wonder what is the major difference technically and mechanically from SWTOR to lets say the Number ONE in the MMO world?

And if this is really only a setting( cosmetic thing) then fair enough, BUT if there is a mechanical difference then maybe some of those should be "mirrored" perhaps

Valid point but even if it add the console part of those games it would still show swtor is NOT failing as the doom and gloomers have been trying to make happen in the forums for FIVE YEARS now.

Whatever. Have fun opening GC and CM crates.

The reason I don't like this list is that ESO and FF14 are multiplatform (and therefore have split income between PC and console) so they cannot be fairly ranked.

Even if ESO and FF14 were added in it'd still be in the top 10.

Interesting data - makes me wonder if it's actually doing that well behind the scenes, why is it taking so long to actually produce more content to level the playing ground in regards to other MMOs? How difficult is it to release ops/trials/pvp maps every other month?

The reason I don't like this list is because ESO and FF14 are multiplatform (and therefore have split income between PC and console) so they're not fairly ranked.

Well its not like there's anything stopping EA from releasing TOR on consoles. Star Trek Online just did, and it's even older than TOR. EA's loss on big playerbase of potential customers

Nobody is trying to take down swtor.

There are a number of people that are critical in their posts, sometimes emotional, coming from a sense of emotional investment in the game.

There are a number of trolls that desperately need attention and will post controversial topics just to get people to react.

One kind is more constructive than the other, but neither is trying to take down swtor. The game cannot be taken down by people making negative posts on the forum.

People who are critical are allowed to voice their opinions, their concerns.

Trolls should be ignored.

You have not showed anyone up with this thread.

Different games, different game engines. The abomination that SWTOR uses is NOT console compatible, therefore without a complete re-write, this game will never go to any consoles.

This is not new information.

Plus, unlike that other game, this team doesn't even update the reputation vendors of their events with new items... think that they would rewrite the whole game even if they could? :p

Edited by Tadagyt

Top 5 of P2P MMOs. Which, just so you know, doesn't mean it's not failing. Could just mean, that other MMOs are failing too. :p

The real question I would have is, if TOR is a top 5 MMO, then why can't they afford to give us multiple story lines? Our companions back with more chapters in KotET.

wait a couple of month of the RNG CXP grind and come back to me

Haha that's the point you guys have been saying that for FIVE YEARS!! Insert (hot topic) swtor dead!!! Hey no worries at some point down the road in maybe another 3,4,5 years you guys will finally be able to say I told you so lol.

Different games, different game engines. The abomination that SWTOR uses is NOT console compatible, therefore without a complete re-write, this game will never go to any consoles.

This is not new information.

This is not really an information at all, any engine can be modified, rewritten etc. And we're talking 8+ years tech here, PS3/360 generation. New consoles could handle TOR easily

Meanwhile 5.0 gearing changes are still the worst thing to ever happen to this game and the number of players coming back for the expansion are the lowest to date to the point you could barely even call it growth this time.

That and it's superdata ... make of it what you will but in every debate I've had on their data I've not had one person actually present the hard numbers that you can supposedly get by paying them money. I.e. how much did SWToR earn in revenue vs Final Fantasy PC?

A nice ranked list but what is missing from their data collection?

Being they can only get digital subscriber revenue if the publisher releases it to them or they somehow are 100% sure they are capturing every payment method for subscription of that game which I think some publishers would take issue with if they aren't wanting it put out there in the first place.

Maybe go pay them for the data and give us some accurate numbers to digest?

Haha that's the point you guys have been saying that for FIVE YEARS!! Insert (hot topic) swtor dead!!! Hey no worries at some point down the road in maybe another 3,4,5 years you guys will finally be able to say I told you so lol.

yeah ive been saying wait a couple months of CXP grind for 5 years that make sense....stop being a carebear

This is not really an information at all, any engine can be modified, rewritten etc. And we're talking 8+ years tech here, PS3/360 generation. New consoles could handle TOR easily

Duh, of course they could handle a game like TOR. But the current codebase would need to be completely re-written for a new engine that would be compatible with more than just the PC platform.

Odds on this happening with EA in charge are roughly the equivalent of getting a full set of tier gear out of your first 7 CXP crates.

I seriously think this is a EAWare plant account. Every time they make a major change to the game, we always get people like the OP who "suddenly" show up out of nowhere. That have no prior posting history and bash the people who hate the changes. And don't receive any repercussions behind it no matter how disrespectful or how belligerent they post.

Keep trolling EA. Keep trolling.

I seriously think this is a EAWare plant account. Every time they make a major change to the game, we always get people like the OP who "suddenly" show up out of nowhere. That have no prior posting history and bash the people who hate the changes. And don't receive any repercussions behind it no matter how disrespectful or how belligerent they post.

Keep trolling EA. Keep trolling.

yep very strange i try to argue with those peoples and i receive warning and suspension...MAYBE I should START typing WITH CAP LOCK ON

Edited by scardera

how will they modify the engine to support 3-4 skills bars with a ps4 xbox controller? you know some people on this game use more than 3 skills...

Edited by scardera

Even with the nonstop doom and gloom from the couple dozen poster who clearly sub (thanks) to swtor so they are able to complain on the forums.

This has been going on for FIVE YEARS now, it's the reason why the MAJORITY of players never step foot in these forums. I have some bad news for these couple of dozen posters all of your hard work has done nothing to take down swtor. In year FIVE swtor was in the top 5 every month as this latest report shows for Sept (Oct, Nov not out yet).

http://massivelyop.com/2016/10/27/superdatas-september-report-shows-destiny-wow-gw2-swtor-and-tera-doing-well/

It's about time the couple dozen posters who have been at this for FIVE YEARS now just give up your crusade has failed.

Sure, but what's the numbers or percentage. Doesn't mean anything if WoW is 70% and swtor is 5% and what the graph looks like over the last 12 month period. How far is the game declining?

Also that's before this expansion when they had just announced it and we had no details. There was a small bump in population/subscribers for it, but now it's happened, the expansion is driving people away again, especially veteran or long time loyal people. Of course they will get a bump from the November, December, January period because of the new movie, but also the launch of the Expansion of which people presubbed and will be included in the figures.

It will be interesting to see how the game fares over the next 4-6 months if there aren't some major changes. A graph showing subscribers over that period would tell the real story. It we know that will never happen unless they are required to release it as a report to EA investors,

Sure, but what's the numbers or percentage. Doesn't mean anything if WoW is 70% and swtor is 5% and what the graph looks like over the last 12 month period. How far is the game declining?

Also that's before this expansion when they had just announced it and we had no details. There was a small bump in population/subscribers for it, but now it's happened, the expansion is driving people away again, especially veteran or long time loyal people. Of course they will get a bump from the November, December, January period because of the new movie, but also the launch of the Expansion of which people presubbed and will be included in the figures.

It will be interesting to see how the game fares over the next 4-6 months if there aren't some major changes. A graph showing subscribers over that period would tell the real story. It we know that will never happen unless they are required to release it as a report to EA investors,

another strange fact swtor is suppose to be F2P but is listed in the P2P MMO maybe because its not even top 10 in the F2P cathegory lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.