About chapter 9 dark side ending

chaogedu

This question has been confusing me for several days. I really want to write it down.

Why comes the Outlander back to Odessen, when she/he has chosen to rule like an Empress/Emperor?

This does not make sense. Odessen is really not a good choice for capital of a new civilization. It's covered by forest. In the middle of nowhere. Like a group of US rebel comes back to Alaska after taking DC, or a group of Russian rebel comes back to Siberia after taking Moscow.

If the Outlander chose to be a Peacekeeper,then is a good Choice to come back to Odessen.In this way, she/he can show to the galaxy, that she/he has no ambition for Power.

But if she/he chose to rule the galaxy. Zakuul is obviously a much better choice. It has population, economy, history, which Odessen has not. That Planet is Valkorion's finest work. And Arcann's war makes it the center of Universe. You took it, USE IT! Of course, you can build it on Odessen. But why bother, if there lies a completed work. Rebuild is much easier.

And the old Throne room is cool, BUT THE NEW THRONE ROOM IS ABOVE A CANTINA!:mad:

This question has been confusing me for several days. I really want to write it down.

Why comes the Outlander back to Odessen, when she/he has chosen to rule like an Empress/Emperor?

This does not make sense. Odessen is really not a good choice for capital of a new civilization. It's covered by forest. In the middle of nowhere. Like a group of US rebel comes back to Alaska after taking DC, or a group of Russian rebel comes back to Siberia after taking Moscow.

If the Outlander chose to be a Peacekeeper,then is a good Choice to come back to Odessen.In this way, she/he can show to the galaxy, that she/he has no ambition for Power.

But if she/he chose to rule the galaxy. Zakuul is obviously a much better choice. It has population, economy, history, which Odessen has not. That Planet is Valkorion's finest work. And Arcann's war makes it the center of Universe. You took it, USE IT! Of course, you can build it on Odessen. But why bother, if there lies a completed work. Rebuild is much easier.

And the old Throne room is cool, BUT THE NEW THRONE ROOM IS ABOVE A CANTINA!:mad:

I thought the new throne room in the Odessen base was just a locus of operations... not the official seat of power of the Eternal Alliance. Obviously the new emperor/empress didn't just scrap the Eternal Throne -- which is required to control the Eternal Fleet.

I'm more interested in why my now-Emperor of the most powerful force in the known galaxy is just walking around the Imperial fleet and not doing more emperor-y things... But hey.

Edited by Stultophobe

I'm still confused why any Republic type would even stay with someone who claims to be Emperor. Goes against everything they believed in, even if they thought the Outlander was the only option to take out Arcann and then Vaylin, both of which are now gone.

Darkside makes no sense what so ever with KotFE or KotET.

Why comes the Outlander back to Odessen, when she/he has chosen to rule like an Empress/Emperor? This does not make sense. Odessen is really not a good choice for capital of a new civilization.

I see what you mean. I wished the elevator would take you to the actual Eternal Throne room (much more ******). Though I guess it kind of makes sense, as it will be easier for story content going forward (one base of ops would be on Odessen and one would be on Zakuul otherwise, which would be more work for the devs). In terms of story, it does sorta make sense. On Odessen, the Emperor/Empress would obviously be surrounded by people who serve him/her, thus being extremely protected. And Zakuul along with all its resources are under Alliance jurisdiction. The Dark Side speech says something like "Zakuul will submit to complete Alliance control" or something like that, so it's not like we're just cutting them loose for the Pubs and Imps to seize.

I have thought for a while, and I think the solid political center can be a reasonable explanation. After all, this is an age of hologram terminal and hyperspace jump, the location maybe does not have the same importance for the government center like today and the old days.

I hope in the later updates, Bioware can give us the "official" base in Zakuul, or a palace(that would be wonderful). And not stuck in the old Odessen base.

And why is everyone still calling me commander? I didn't murder my way across two expansion packs to be called "commander" thank you very much. That's Emperor Commander to you, random droid in my base.

Indeed, in future I expect it to be "Her Imperial Majesty, Thursday I the Redeemed, Slayer of the Dragon of Zakuul, Empress of Known Space, Queen of Odessen, Imperiatrix of the Eternal Fleet + T7 save Galaxy!" unless the little tin can wants to find himself sent to Iokath without any supper.