Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

@Devs: How the CXP system is killing my love of this game

Ardarell_Solo

Maybe the only solution is to try to build support for a cross-server boycott of Galactic Command. Don't grind for it. Don't open the packs when you level through doing other things. Don't disintegrate or claim. Don't equip and above all don't sell them on the GTN - just let them vanish into the game as database bloat - Bioware's problem - while in no way contributing to the game economy or causing you to be logged in any more. PVP, raid, run dailies etc in the gear from before. If as many as possible do it then you won't be that undergeared, if you care about that, and its about the only way to make GC and CXP be seen as a failure by them and rethought, or, preferably, undone.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been hoards of players farming KP champions this weekend.

I'm pretty sure every single one of them had a CXP boost running.

kp farm i can get behind. certainly beats flashpoints, heroics... well anyhting aside from pvp really...... but no way in hell am i spending money on these boost htingies, that's for sure.

kp farm i can get behind. certainly beats flashpoints, heroics... well anyhting aside from pvp really...... but no way in hell am i spending money on these boost htingies, that's for sure.

Well, for the most part you don't need to spend money. You get a "complimentary grant" just for being a sub, and the whales probably sell them on the GTN too.

They don't care. They made that perfectly clear last week. They're willing to tweak it to pretend to care, but they really don't.

Well, I don't know TUX. That is not what I gathered from the comments. You could certainly be right, but my impression was perhaps they ARE open to considering changes and would prefer to avoid committing to anything at this point.

Perhaps, and this is just speculative mind you, because they have a design intent that they are not sharing with us that restricts what they can do, limits their options so to speak.

Well, for the most part you don't need to spend money. You get a "complimentary grant" just for being a sub, and the whales probably sell them on the GTN too.

eee i suppose so, but i just feel that i support the system by caving in and buying them lol. also on GTN if i'm not mistaken they're well over 1 mil credits. that's way too much than what i'm willing to spend on anyhting lol. unless it's a white eviscerating crystal =)

eee i suppose so, but i just feel that i support the system by caving in and buying them lol. also on GTN if i'm not mistaken they're well over 1 mil credits. that's way too much than what i'm willing to spend on anyhting lol. unless it's a white eviscerating crystal =)

That's the way gambling addiction works. You try it, you win some, and pretty soon you're hooked. Why do you think we get the complimntary CC grant.

Well, I don't know TUX. That is not what I gathered from the comments. You could certainly be right, but my impression was perhaps they ARE open to considering changes and would prefer to avoid committing to anything at this point.

Perhaps, and this is just speculative mind you, because they have a design intent that they are not sharing with us that restricts what they can do, limits their options so to speak.

I don't see every comment by TUXs since he is on my ignore list, but from requotes that I have seen ... it is clear that he is a die hard REMOVE RNG advocate.

That is the only fix he would consider adequate from the studio, and they DID make it clear last week that they like it and it stays... but they did also agree it needs some tuning and adjustments.

Much like things they did in 4.0, and have propagated some forward into 5.0... they do appear to have a clear direction in mind... it's just that not all players are willing or agreeable to let the studio be on things.

That said... TUXs complains a lot and fans others that complain... so until you see him actually leave.... it's just his style and approach you are seeing... but he will continue to I guess... protest-play. :)

Edited by Andryah

I don't see every comment by TUXs since he is on my ignore list, but from requotes that I have seen ... it is clear that he is a die hard REMOVE RNG advocate.

That is the only fix he would consider adequate from the studio, and they DID make it clear last week that they like it and it stays... but they did also agree it needs some tuning and adjustments.

Yes, I personally feel the system has potential. I think it could use some adjustments as well, but I actually think it would be wise to keep it in place as it has the potential to appeal to the entire playerbase, not just hardcores.

This is one of the ways to provide character improvement incentives to all kind of players IMO.

Edited by LordArtemis

Yes, I personally feel the system has potential. I think it could use some adjustments as well, but I actually think it would be wise to keep it in place as it has the potential to appeal to the entire playerbase, not just hardcores.

This is one of the ways to provide character improvement incentives to all kind of players IMO.

honestly, the idea behind Galactic Command is pretty good. ...... but the thing that is not is lack of new content to go with it. as far as RNG and drops. i feel like this would fix it best:

---> instead of set bonus drop for a specific spec, let it be an unassembled token, level of token would be based on your galactic command rank.

---> let Set Pieces drop in HM & NiM ops again.

---> have PvP award you tokens that u can also turn in based on on your tier of galactic command, like comms used to be. for 2 tokens you can choose a belt or bracer, for 3, 4, 5 - something else and so on

just a thought really. i think it might work, not too sure though.... not that BW is gonna listen though. but i thought i'd throw it out there lol:D:D

It beat PvP too. You can get about 11k CXP per hour grinding KP if you kill all the champions before the 1st boss. To match it with WZ, you would need to win a WZ with 8 medals every 3.5 minutes or get a Ranked Win every 4.5 minutes.

When though? Next year? 6.0? They're already too late...players are quitting over this horrible design change, and rightfully so. The lack of anything new and the introduction of a year long grind just to get back to where we were over a year ago, isn't appealing to players. They can "contemplate" changes all they like...but this system was designed to fail. RNG gear has no place in a gear centric game...none. It didn't work for PvP, it sure as hell isn't going to work for PvE AND PvP.

When though? Next year? 6.0? They're already too late...players are quitting over this horrible design change, and rightfully so. The lack of anything new and the introduction of a year long grind just to get back to where we were over a year ago, isn't appealing to players. They can "contemplate" changes all they like...but this system was designed to fail. RNG gear has no place in a gear centric game...none. It didn't work for PvP, it sure as hell isn't going to work for PvE AND PvP.
. Indeed the quote from the lead designer when they changes away from RNG was that the mechanic was frustrating and unfun Edited by Anishor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.