Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Lack of Hot Male Force Using Romance-able Companions

Lunafox

Most like the good boys!! I'd say you have a chance.:rak_03:

I like good boys, too. Especially those white knights :p Similar to Alistair or Cullen from Dragon Age. I even have a soft spot for Carth from Kotor.

It's funny because... I'd LOVE a male force user romance option. And we don't have any at all! I've since decided that I'd roll male characters to fill the void. My LS sith assassin is my favorite! Love the voice actor, especially with voice modulation (from a mask or rebeather). Sith warrior... not very far behind.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny because... I'd LOVE a male force user romance option. And we don't have any at all! I've since decided that I'd roll male characters to fill the void. My LS sith assassin is my favorite! Love the voice actor, especially with voice modulation (from a mask or rebeather). Sith warrior... not very far behind.

Yeah, it's a little disturbing that 4 of the 5 romance options for force-using males is their female apprentice (only Vette on light-sided warriors isn't), but not a single female force user gets to romance a male force-using apprentice. (I mean, shouldn't the whole hot-for-teacher fetish go both ways?)

I also have a male inquisitor, and I love him and want to cuddle him. He's a pacificst rattataki healer and has tattoos that make him look like a panda. He's possibly my favorite of all my characters. Although I love my light-sided male warrior too. :-D

I like good boys, too. Especially those white knights :p Similar to Alistair or Cullen from Dragon Age. I even have a soft spot for Carth from Kotor.

I like Cullen too! good guys arent all bad, if they're written in an interesting way.:rak_03:

But generally in games I prefer the bad boys!

I usually prefer the good but sometimes you just want to play an evil character and have a good match for them or sometimes you want to have an angsty and tragic relationship (Solas from DA:I, Fenris and mage Hawke). The only love interests in SWtOR I don't really like are Ashara because she's boring and dumps you, Temple because she's annoying and deceptively evil and heartless, and the only ones I haven't tried are Doc because he's a slimeball which I don't like, Andronikos for the same reason though not as extreme, and Corso because I haven't gotten around to it yet and Darmas is a more interesting story (especially the ending lol).

I usually prefer the good but sometimes you just want to play an evil character and have a good match for them or sometimes you want to have an angsty and tragic relationship (Solas from DA:I, Fenris and mage Hawke). The only love interests in SWtOR I don't really like are Ashara because she's boring and dumps you, Temple because she's annoying and deceptively evil and heartless, and the only ones I haven't tried are Doc because he's a slimeball which I don't like, Andronikos for the same reason though not as extreme, and Corso because I haven't gotten around to it yet and Darmas is a more interesting story (especially the ending lol).

Aw, Ashara doesn't dump you (at least she didn't when I played that one). She just refuses to marry you. My headcanon is that she relented eventually.

I haven't played through all of them yet, but I plan to. Andronikos actually worked out as a really good match for my grey-ish, kinda crazy, fairly broken Inquisitor. Their relationship actually seemed to make her a lot more stable (though part of that was because of the backstory I'd come up with for her).

Starting to wonder how Doc is a slime ball. We hear about people loving their smuggler for sleeping/flirting around. Same for agent.

Basically, eveything Doc does, players love it when THEY do it :p He got around, but it never seems like any of them didn't know he wasn't into marrying them, except for one, which I forgot why he didn't but it I recall it seeming like a good reason not to.

Kaliyo does the same thing only worse. :p

Andronikus came off worse imo. "Grrr...big bad pirate. Who becomes a total softie in a relationship with a sith." Not saying he shouldn't have a softer side, but it goes way to soft :p

Aw, Ashara doesn't dump you (at least she didn't when I played that one). She just refuses to marry you. My headcanon is that she relented eventually.

I haven't played through all of them yet, but I plan to. Andronikos actually worked out as a really good match for my grey-ish, kinda crazy, fairly broken Inquisitor. Their relationship actually seemed to make her a lot more stable (though part of that was because of the backstory I'd come up with for her).

I can't really see things going anywhere with Ashara if she refuses to marry you because she intends to go back to the jedi. I couldn't really see it as anything but her dumping him :(

Starting to wonder how Doc is a slime ball. We hear about people loving their smuggler for sleeping/flirting around. Same for agent.

Basically, eveything Doc does, players love it when THEY do it :p He got around, but it never seems like any of them didn't know he wasn't into marrying them, except for one, which I forgot why he didn't but it I recall it seeming like a good reason not to.

Kaliyo does the same thing only worse. :p

Andronikus came off worse imo. "Grrr...big bad pirate. Who becomes a total softie in a relationship with a sith." Not saying he shouldn't have a softer side, but it goes way to soft :p

Doc definitely would have been a better fit as a companion for a smuggler than a jedi knight. He's selfish and sleazy, IMO annoying and pretty much does everything for personal gain and praise (which smugglers can easily do while jedi don't have many options in that direction). Obviously you're free to disagree and free to like him but I just don't. I just started a new female jedi knight today so maybe I'll try Doc's romance and end up proven wrong and liking him more than when I played a male knight. Kaliyo can definitely be a sexual harassment panda (I hated her for a long time) and is certainly (mostly) evil, shady and promiscuous but agent is another class that meshes well with that. Plus she's pretty hilarious. She's not one of my favorites but I made one evil, selfish, snarky agent that went well with her and enjoyed that storyline. Aside from that my female agents go for Vector and male agents go for Theron.

I was actually really surprised at how much I liked Felix Iresso, I thought he was going to be like Temple but he was really sweet and adorable and it's such a tragedy that we didn't get more time with him :(

Edited by Nefla

Kaliyo can definitely be a sexual harassment panda (I hated her for a long time) and is certainly (mostly) evil, shady and promiscuous but agent is another class that meshes well with that. Plus she's pretty hilarious. She's not one of my favorites but I made one evil, selfish, snarky agent that went well with her and enjoyed that storyline. Aside from that my female agents go for Vector and male agents go for Theron.

My male agent was just awful - basically a sadistic spree killer with a badge. The Kaliyo romance just clicked so perfectly for him. Like, when she wandered off the ship with that other guy and was obviously waiting for the conversation to turn awkward, and I had my agent shrug and reply, "Yeah... I don't remember us ever deciding that this was a committed thing." (Which, obviously, makes her happy to hear.) Basically, right up until you put a ring on her, Kaliyo is great as one half of the galaxy's deadliest swinger couple.

Was wondering wth this one went. God every time we make a chatty thread about delicious male goodness they stuff us into a corner. :rolleyes:

Nobody puts baby in a corner! *snuggles Scourge* And we were having such fun too, I guess General is for griping lol.

I just hope they didn't send us here thinking it would die. :o:p

Incidentally, while I posted this thread forever ago, this was my basic idea for a romanceable male Force-using companion.

I don't really want a cartel market force male user that won't ever matter in the story. It's about time they actually made one for females, that does matter.

I don't mind your idea as an additional option, but to be given this as a male force user companion is just cheap and we deserve better imo.

I see this got moved to the suggestion box, weird how the please let me romance Arcann thread never gets moved here but all the others do.

Edited by Eshvara

I noticed this to, strange. Are they secretly telling us that anything moved here to Suggestions is a "no" and stuff that stays in general is a "maybe?" :p

Lol probably! They don't want more people jumping on the bandwagon of something they're not going to do so they sweep the thread under a rug >.<

I didn't really like BioWare's Dragon Age: Inquisition, the Trespasser DLC that ended with the main character having his left hand severed and vowing to hunt down the former companion who indirectly caused it got me excited for a potential sequel where we could play as a character who would have to deal with the physical and emotional loss of a limb but those hopes were crushed when BioWare said they were tossing that character aside and that at most he would play the role of an invalid advisor/NPC/questgiver. :mad:

I'm mad about that too. I don't know if I'll even bother to buy the next game. Just throw away a story that the player is all invested in for no reasonable reason when the story isn't even concluded.

On topic, I loved Lord Abaron's voice and Arkous' voice and Marr's voice etc. I also want an attractive male Force using companion that can be romanced. I would prefer that the guy be of equal or superior skill in Force mastery to the PC, but I don't want the "old man" skin template on him like they did with Andronikos and every one of Doc's alternate appearances.

I'm mad about that too. I don't know if I'll even bother to buy the next game. Just throw away a story that the player is all invested in for no reasonable reason when the story isn't even concluded.

On topic, I loved Lord Abaron's voice and Arkous' voice and Marr's voice etc. I also want an attractive male Force using companion that can be romanced. I would prefer that the guy be of equal or superior skill in Force mastery to the PC, but I don't want the "old man" skin template on him like they did with Andronikos and every one of Doc's alternate appearances.

SWtOR is the only BioWare game I still play. I didn't join the new fan BSN and I can't see myself buying any future Mass Effect or Dragon Age unless the fan reaction is overwhelmingly positive when it comes to the things I look for in a game.

Also on topic: I personally don't mind "old man" characters at all lol. I totally had the hots for Syo Bakarn (despite the weird samurai bald hairstyle) and Master Orgus <3 I tend to prefer the more grizzled mature characters to the pretty-boy young characters these days like Alistair, Cullen, etc...Really though I'll try any romance as long as I like the character. :D

Yep, what the thread title says. There is a lack. We need them. There are no shortage of female comps now...Sexxxy male force using pixels are required STAT! :eek::o So all you peeps, lovers of Scourge, lovers of Arcann, lovers of Cytharat...and Lord Praven. Lovers of Ravage, Vowrawn and Marr!!! Bring it on. :cool:

Edited: To reflect the joy that is Lord Praven. I feel like Star Wars Santa calling out my DEAR. :D

I support this... provided they don't use the voice actor who narrated the Male Consular role. :eek::D

Kinda weird that this and Arcann's thread went into the suggestion box.

Bioware, you want me to keep subbing for this game. Give me my sexy boys. At the very least, let me have Arcann. *throw money* also if you can reuse Mass Effect animations in KOTET, you can reuse the Kaidanmance's carry-to-the-bed scene. Just do it!

Kinda weird that this and Arcann's thread went into the suggestion box.

Bioware, you want me to keep subbing for this game. Give me my sexy boys. At the very least, let me have Arcann. *throw money* also if you can reuse Mass Effect animations in KOTET, you can reuse the Kaidanmance's carry-to-the-bed scene. Just do it!

Oh I approve of the carry to bed thing! Yes please.

Arcann's thread was finally moved here too? Them busy hamsters.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.