Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why romance instead of new things?

tummiswtor

Tell me please, why people care about romance in this game? Paying and wanting romance with Arcann, Vailyn, Senya... companions instead of new activities in game like OPSes etc.?

Why do some people like ketchup with their French fries, while others like mayonnaise with them? It's a matter of taste. Newsflash: people play games for different reasons, and enjoy different aspects of games.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official, I'll never understand women ;)

I'd bet anything you like, if you girls met Scourge in real life you would think he was a creepy pervert that looked like a sunburnt lobster.

I'm not sure where the pervert idea came from but yeah in real life the love interests people would go for would be the normal, stable "boring" ones, most of us wouldn't do the crazy and risky things the characters do, hopefully none of us would pick the crazy evil DS options, I know I wouldn't pay 15 million dollars for a shirt or pair of boots, etc...but for a story all that stuff makes it more interesting.

Goodness, the estrogen in this thread is overwhelming. :cool:

And to think that some of the people posting here are the same ones who don't want companion customization because they don't want to see a bunch of companions in slave outfits....:rak_09:

I don't think anyone was planning on putting Scourge in a slave outfit, although now that you mention it...

I always figured you'd be in your twenties or early 30's!! But then I think that of most people unless they show that they're either old or young very clearly.

I only like Lord Scourge with customisation #9, if he didn't have that one it would just be a no go for me.:rak_03:

Twenties or thirties? I'll take it!! Thanks! :D

People like different things.

In my opinion, a AAA MMO should be capable of delivering content for all different parts of the game at once, not only one at a time. There shouldn't be "Story" vs "Other content" groups going at each other.

But this is SWTOR. It is what it is.

Edited by Radzkie

Tell me please, why people care about romance in this game? Paying and wanting romance with Arcann, Vailyn, Senya... companions instead of new activities in game like OPSes etc.?

Because new ops are of no use to me. I don't use them (physical health limitations and time restraints) and get nothing out of new ones being added. I want new things like ops to be added for OTHER people to do, but they're not the things I lobby for in this game on a personal basis because they mean nothing to me. I play this game for story and story related activities, romances are one of those.

Because new ops are of no use to me. I don't use them (physical health limitations and time restraints) and get nothing out of new ones being added. I want new things like ops to be added for OTHER people to do, but they're not the things I lobby for in this game on a personal basis because they mean nothing to me. I play this game for story and story related activities, romances are one of those.

Exactly this. I don't begrudge other people who like and want ops and other things but I'm not going to ask for it or pay any attention to it because it is worthless for me as I'm sure my character having a pretty new dress is inconsequential to the people who want ops.

I don't want to romance Senya. Or Arcann. Or any of the other Zakuul companions. They're all lame, I just want my old squad back :( T7 and Rusk are the two least favourite of my vanilla companions. I want to get back with Kira, Doc and Scourge.

Give me back my Kira :(

You're only as old as you feel! I'm feeling like I'm 80+ With my wisdom tooth pulled last friday and my freshly caught common cold.

May the lord have mercy on my pathetic soul.:rak_03:

Oh wow, that sucks, both bad on their own, but especially together. I hope you feel better soon. :)

I don't want to romance Senya. Or Arcann. Or any of the other Zakuul companions. They're all lame, I just want my old squad back :( T7 and Rusk are the two least favourite of my vanilla companions. I want to get back with Kira, Doc and Scourge.

Give me back my Kira :(

Imo you should be happy your companions aren't back, they would have just been killed off, like all the other vanilla companions. Torian, vette,kaliyo, Aric, Scorpio. With Ashara and Jaesa going mad, they're probably next on Bioware's vanilla comp purge list. The alliance alert companions aren't relevant, but also basically dead.

Oh wow, that sucks, both bad on their own, but especially together. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Ty, you kind kind human being!

Edited by Eshvara

I'd replace the word people with "females". In your comment.

Nothing wrong with what people want but we knows its true

Edited by Newyankalt

I'd replace the worse people with "females". In your comment.

Enough gays want Arcann too, I've seen i!, His fan base isn't just females.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

I'd replace the worse people with "females". In your comment.

You'd be surprised how many men like romance in games (and how many women like that other stuff I personally consider boring :p ) It isn't usually women asking for or talking about romances with female characters such as Vaylin, Senya, Acina, Thana Vesh, etc...

Why do some people like ketchup with their French fries, while others like mayonnaise with them? It's a matter of taste. Newsflash: people play games for different reasons, and enjoy different aspects of games.

Eeew mayo! Everyone knows fries are best with cheese curds & gravy!

Eeew mayo! Everyone knows fries are best with cheese curds & gravy!

In my country it's tradition to eat your fries with mayo mostly, usually ketchup too, or curry ketchup or often even mayo, ketchup, satay sauce and fresh cut onions. Completely normal and acceptable to me, gross in the eyes of my American fiance. :D

Sorry, bit random but rather that than delve into poodoo threads. :p

Edited by JennyFlynn

In my country it's tradition to eat your fries with mayo mostly, usually ketchup too, or curry ketchup or often even mayo, ketchup, satay sauce and fresh cut onions. Completely normal and acceptable to me, gross in the eyes of my American fiance. :D

Sorry, bit random but rather that than delve into poodoo threads. :p

Where I come from, we eat our fries with RANCH.

Don't need new options (except for a male force user :p) just need the ability to do more with the romanced and allow those who can be romanced by some to be romanced by all :)

That would make it new :p

Also, I've tried some OPs, people keep quitting those Oricon ones.

Aw you gonna make me tear up there lol

Seriously? I never done OP cose of the Hostility that I assume is there just like it's in PVP and warzone .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.