CXP Booster are a scam

Otaktey

CXP Boosters are like getting a better job so you can buy more baseball card packs. You hope your going to get lucky and get those good cards that other collectors can't seem to get either. So you just keep buying pack after pack. It becomes an addiction, and you never get a full set of cards, or in our case a full set of end game gear. :mad:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CXP Boosters are like getting a better job so you can buy more baseball card packs. You hope your going to get lucky and get those good cards that other collectors can't seem to get either. So you just keep buying pack after pack. It becomes an addiction, and you never get a full set of cards, or in our case a full set of end game gear. :mad:

This.

In the other thread the discussion got a bit mixed up between people arguing if these boosters are P2W or not... well, imagine this very same mechanism with "Grand Chance Cubes" or other RNG rubbish available on the CM. With this GCXP boosts, you might get to Lvl180 a bit faster, but even then it's far away from P2W. It's just a feature to get even more people to commit themselves to this system and draw them in, because of the misconception that more chances at a roll would equal higher chances. But there are smart people on here and elsewhere who have pointed out that this does not hold true. A quicker rate of GCXP levelups does not equal a higher possibility of the really nice stuff dropping.

Implementing those boosts will be a profitable change for EA just because people perceive this as P2W. But RNG can never be the same as P2W, because the former juggles probabilities, the latter alleges certainty.

Edited by force_fortytwo

Did i missed something? Bioware are implementing Cxp boost in CM? Tell me pls because it's a good reason to unsub

ofc they are on CM since yesterday, its a 25% boost for 3 hours, just like other boosts.

Best is to combine it with the DvsL bonus when that hour hits.

ofc they are on CM since yesterday, its a 25% boost for 3 hours, just like other boosts.

Best is to combine it with the DvsL bonus when that hour hits.

The best would be not to buy anything from this ****** ****** ****** ******* market!

I agree it is a scam, becaus you have to sub in the first place to acces the Galactic command system to earn CxP and seeing how low the rates are to earn CxP in game. It almost like they had this in mind all along while developing the system, trying to piss people off with the slow gearing to sell these boosts.

Seeing you can't acces CxP without subbing it looks rather suspicious and it's kind of a middel finger to the most loyal part of the playerbase.

Edited by Theshadowbehind

I agree it is a scam, becaus you have to sub in the first place to acces the Galactic command system to earn CxP and seeing how low the rates are to earn CxP in game. It almost like they had this in mind all along while developing the system, trying to piss people off with the slow gearing to sell these boosts.

Seeing you can't acces CxP without subbing it looks rather suspicious and it's kind of a middel finger to the most loyal part of the playerbase.

"Crooked EAware"

Don't worry, it will get better. They will probably start selling the Command Crates in the CM in January or February.

"Hey, just missing your bracer and pants from your set and don't want to wait (another 12 weeks to grind enough CxP levels), purchase a HyperCrate and get that gear today!"

Oh yeah, they're such Villains profiting off their own product :rolleyes: I'll remind those complaining that the cxp system, like the reputation system is completely optional. You can ignore it and it would impede on the game none. And if you do choose to use it, Biowares pays for 3 packs a month with the free cc :o Very generous considering the majority of mmos out there today don't give you so much as a sample before they're demanding you fork over the cash.

By your pathetic logic, every boost in CM is a scam. It's optional and no one is forcing you to buy these. You can do just fine without it. Stop acting like a special snowflake.

What's next? You gonna tell me that deco's are ascam because ppl made billions of it.

Oh yeah, they're such Villains profiting off their own product :rolleyes: I'll remind those complaining that the cxp system, like the reputation system is completely optional. You can ignore it and it would impede on the game none. And if you do choose to use it, Biowares pays for 3 packs a month with the free cc :o Very generous considering the majority of mmos out there today don't give you so much as a sample before they're demanding you fork over the cash.

wow dude. You don't even play the game do you? If you don't understand that gear is required for certain aspects of this game you obviously have never played it.

wow dude. You don't even play the game do you? If you don't understand that gear is required for certain aspects of this game you obviously have never played it.

I do but you obviously don't. The only things you need BIS for is NIM raiding and conquering the PvP ranks. Both of which are optional challenges, not mandatory.

By your pathetic logic, every boost in CM is a scam. It's optional and no one is forcing you to buy these. You can do just fine without it. Stop acting like a special snowflake.

What's next? You gonna tell me that deco's are ascam because ppl made billions of it.

Anything that effects end game gearing is pretty shady dude. It the first step down the P2W model or a model that if you don't pay you have an exceedingly long grind in front of you. Any self respecting gamer should be appalled.

I do but you obviously don't. The only things you need BIS for is NIM raiding and conquering the PvP ranks. Both of which are optional challenges, not mandatory.

For you maybe, they are integral aspects of the game for me. If you don't want to touch CXP and level alts and watch movies all the time thats great I'm happy for you. But for those of us that actually like to be challenged this system is a no go.

Anything that effects end game gearing is pretty shady dude. It the first step down the P2W model or a model that if you don't pay you have an exceedingly long grind in front of you. Any self respecting gamer should be appalled.

Yup.

But after opening a number of command crates i can say it's not just Pay to Win though, it's Pay to Loose too ;)

For you maybe, they are integral aspects of the game for me. If you don't want to touch CXP and level alts and watch movies all the time thats great I'm happy for you. But for those of us that actually like to be challenged this system is a no go.

Then I suggest you go challenge yourself to mow more lawns so you can afford the booster to get the gear for the activities that are such an integral part of your gameplay experience. More drive, less cruise control.

My take on the CXP boosters is that every time they nerf CXP gains in the game they are promoting their CXP booster.....and that I do not care for.

I think they should remove the boosters from the market unless they offer them ingame somehow via a questline or something that takes time....

Other wise having this product on the market actually encourages them to nerf CXP gain or keep it bad.....rather than making the grind more reasonable especially for Alternate characters.

I am getting a bit tired of people talking about BiS gear. That's so out there. Even just getting a full 230 set for one character is a big grind in 5.0 unless you're really really lucky. Most people won't be. So forget BiS and talk about just a set of 230 baseline gear so we can at least do the same HM ops again we've been doing for years now instead of being stuck in Stupid Mode for months.

Then I suggest you go challenge yourself to mow more lawns so you can afford the booster to get the gear for the activities that are such an integral part of your gameplay experience. More drive, less cruise control.

Ahh the old I don't like it which means I can't afford it routine. Sorry dude you are obviously immature so I think I will just move on from you. Have fun!

I am getting a bit tired of people talking about BiS gear. That's so out there. Even just getting a full 230 set for one character is a big grind in 5.0 unless you're really really lucky. Most people won't be. So forget BiS and talk about just a set of 230 baseline gear so we can at least do the same HM ops again we've been doing for years now instead of being stuck in Stupid Mode for months.

Funny. I had The 230 Eternal commander helm, chest and boots along with the schematic for the boots by command rank 9. I must be favored greatly. :o

Funny. I had The 230 Eternal commander helm, chest and boots along with the schematic for the boots by command rank 9. I must be favored greatly. :o

Yep, there's a big thread where people post their results and some have reached levels above 40 with less success than you, so consider yourself lucky.

But, talk to us again when you have the full 14 pieces with set bonuses and optimised stats and then we'll really see how long your luck holds. I hope for you, you're one of the lucky few but you know, the chances of you getting the pieces you need will get smaller and smaller the more pieces you have.

Yep, there's a big thread where people post their results and some have reached levels above 40 with less success than you, so consider yourself lucky.

But, talk to us again when you have the full 14 pieces with set bonuses and optimised stats and then we'll really see how long your luck holds. I hope for you, you're one of the lucky few but you know, the chances of you getting the pieces you need will get smaller and smaller the more pieces you have.

I feel truth in these words and they hurt. :( On the other hand, now I feel more driven to see just how many levels it takes me to get a full set, so thank you for that. :D