CXP boosters now live in cartel market

Fardarter

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even close to P2W. It's just buying convenience in that it slightly speeds up the time. It's exactly like XP boosts in that regard, and it offers no guarantees at all that the RNG will be kind to you - statistically you get the same number of crates.

P2W would be a cartel unlock that increased the legendary drop rate in the crates.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's an idiotic purchase unless you horde a couple pages of tokens. But it most definitely is pay to win. You will, statistically have a faster road to better gear via the CM.

It's a question of degree, and it's a bad deal for sure - but it's P2W. Without question.

Plus, any buff they do to CXP gain mechanism enhances this. /shrug.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's an idiotic purchase unless you horde a couple pages of tokens. But it most definitely is pay to win. You will, statistically have a faster road to better gear via the CM.

It's a question of degree, and it's a bad deal for sure - but it's P2W. Without question.

Plus, any buff they do to CXP gain mechanism enhances this. /shrug.

Is having lots of alts with no lockouts for ops farming, either bought through the instant-60 tokens or through fast levelling using xp boosts, any different to this?

Excellent news, I'll test them out this weekend. It's not a huge boost but 25% isn't too shabby.

1 CXP times 0.25 still rounds down to 1 CXP. With the elite CXP nerf, these new CXP boosters are a rip off, if not an outright fraud.

TOR has officially gone pay to win. You can literally pay real world money to get set bonus gear faster, to get to higher tiers of gear faster. I am absolutely disgusted and fed up at this point. I didn't think EAWare could sink any lower in my esteem, but now it has.

1 CXP times 0.25 still rounds down to 1 CXP. With the elite CXP nerf, these new CXP boosters are a rip off, if not an outright fraud.

TOR has officially gone pay to win. You can literally pay real world money to get set bonus gear faster, to get to higher tiers of gear faster. I am absolutely disgusted and fed up at this point. I didn't think EAWare could sink any lower in my esteem, but now it has.

I guess with all the people unsubbing, they feel the need to some way make up the lost revenue. But all it does is drive more people away.

Who ever is making decisions in that group needs to go back to business school and also learn about customer satisfaction.

Customer satisfaction = more money

Customer dissatisfaction = less money

It's not rocket science. Anyone who has attended business school, has an economics degree, customer service training or is just a gamer, will know that if you piss off your player base with stupidity, disregard, greed, disingenuous and dirty behaviour, that they will leave and not support you. To then try and claw back lost revenue with underhanded money grabs, only alienates the players more.

For sometime the management and decision makers for this game keep getting worse. The common denominator is the people in charge who seem to have no idea how to please the players. Either they don't care, aren't gamers and don't understand the business model or are just incompetent. I think it's time they are replaced or retrained or bring in new blood who understand the gaming business and have autonomy to try and correct the direction these people have been taking the game. I've fired management staff over less stupidity and bad customer service / satisfaction than this teams decision makers.

Something needs to change, the culture in the team has become repellent to the player base. It's been festering for years and because they don't bring in new people, the old people just keep getting worse because there are no repercussions to them personally for their bad decisions.

To take a page out of "Donald's" book for their behaviour, "crooked Bioware"

:mad:

KotET: Knights of the Eternal Torment.

But you can spend more money to ease the grinding pain, because clearly spending money on a sub and even more money on cartel packs wasn't enough.

GC is all about milking the paying customers. F2P doesn't have access to GC so it's all about getting even more cash out of each sub.

Is pay to win definition only limited to paying $ or that applies to credits as well? Cause maybe you can buy them from others who spent $$$ to buy the boost and put em on sale via GTN. Basically you buy the boosts using your credits, just like you buy other boosts/unlocks/passes. If using credits to buy those is also defined as pay to win, then okay, it's P2W.

Also, the boosts don't guarantee the gear to have set bonus so no matter how many of em you purchase, you may end up getting nothing useful. Imo, P2W is if you can purchase the complete set of set bonus gears off CM using CC, and it's bind on pickup so you cannot buy them with credits.

Imo the real question is, who is going to buy it. Who has the guts to say, I WILL?!!:rak_03:

I will with my monthly subscriber rewards the same why I buy xp boosts. I see no problem with this over any other xp boost they sell.

I have more than my share of gripes with the game but I don't see these as anything new or terrible. Every MMO does similar stuff. They are literally no different than regular XP boosts.

It's not "Pay to Win" It's Pay to get more out of your experience because you're giving them money." Cartel packs drop items that can be sold for creds. Is that pay to win? XP boosts as discussed, are those pay to win? What about the furniture that gives you a boost to your stronghold for conquest? Where exactly is the line and why do you think it's there?

It's not "Pay to Win" It's Pay to get more out of your experience because you're giving them money." Cartel packs drop items that can be sold for creds. Is that pay to win? XP boosts as discussed, are those pay to win? What about the furniture that gives you a boost to your stronghold for conquest? Where exactly is the line and why do you think it's there?

You draw the line when an item gives an advantage over another player, especially at level cap. Will XP boost give an advantage? No. Will having furniture give you an advantage over another player? No. Will getting gear 25% faster than another player give them an advantage in an ops run where there's a dps check, or in PvP? Yes.

Edited by ---AlterEgo---

You draw the line when an item gives an advantage over another player, especially at level cap. Will XP boost give an advantage? No. Will having furniture give you an advantage over another player? No. Will getting gear 25% faster than another player give them an advantage in an ops run where there's a dps check, or in PvP? Yes.

Thing is, it's not pay2win per definition, at least in my book, but it's still a bad idea in this set up because of exactly the reasons you indicate.

People need to realise that it doesn't have to be pay2win to be a bad thing.

200CC for 3 hours is so expensive, that people rich enough to use it as a P2W method (always active) are few and far between or casuals who think 3 hours of gameplay is a lot.

Buy one with your sub CC, use them after you've hoarded a ton of CXP packs from bosses. Open all the packs in burst and do some PvP.

Edited by Eli_Porter

So... if you farm gold mobs you are PLAYING to win... THEY MUST BE NERFED. Buying CXP Command Boost is not a BUY TO WIN?. They are the same things but the first is "free" (not totally becouse of your sub), the second is their bussines. Deal with it guys. This is the beginning, SWTOR becomes P2W. A pity...

So... if you farm gold mobs you are PLAYING to win... THEY MUST BE NERFED. Buying CXP Command Boost is not a BUY TO WIN?. They are the same things but the first is "free" (not totally becouse of your sub), the second is their bussines. Deal with it guys. This is the beginning, SWTOR becomes P2W. A pity...

Best reply ever.

Yesterday I had several people telling me I was wrong when I said it was EA (and their damn cash grab policies) fault. They said: "no, it's BW who screwed up, it was their decision".

Now that magically we get those P2W boosters, are you still so sure it's only BW's wrongdoing? Please, don't make me laugh.

The sad part is: we wanted this. People clamored and yelled for a few years, let's say 2010-2014, about how subscription model MMO's were such huge rip-offs and how F2P was better. People scoffed when Elder Scrolls Online came out with a subscription. People scoffed when this came out with a subscription. They scoffed when Wildstar came out with a subscription. You get the picture.

The game wasn't perfect to their liking or there were some problems with the games and the fickle MMO gamer of today who can always fall back onto World of Warcraft (ironically a subscription game) did just that. Then you had the crowd who swore to never pay the sub and wait until it "inevitably goes F2P".

People pushed for this. They swore subscription models were such rip-offs and so exploitative and unfair because developers could never keep up with a content cycle that justifies $15, equivalent for a meal for two at Wendy's. So now we have cash shops in almost every MMO now. I wonder how many people who -actually- thought a cash shop model would lead to more robust game development still feel that way today? I wonder if it was a life lesson on not being a sucker for them.

Only a child or a fool could have thought companies like Nexon, EA, and Bethesda would not jump with joy at the idea of being given PERMISSION by its user base to absolutely fleece them and encourage them to spend, spend, spend at every moment and interface menu. Only a fool could have thought these cash shops wouldn't be exploitative. If I'm being honest we're really lucky that they aren't worse.

The boost to CxP is just another "how much can we get away with?" test. I'm sure their bean counters are getting the message loud and clear: an awful lot.

I wouldn't say we wanted this. I personally prefer an all-inclusive sub model. I'd say F2P came about because for a period in late 2010 to mid 2012 it seemed like a new MMO was launching just about every month and they had to figure out a way to compete. I also think that many MMO players had been burned on the sub model with vendors not providing the value of the sub in content delivery.

When it comes to SWTOR, however, this latest CxP thing is an absolute insult to customers. This grind, and the associated boosters to lessen it, are usually done in FREE models. If you want to play for free, you get the grind, if you want to buy boosters or sub, the grind is severely lessened.

What BW is doing, however, is getting you to pay a monthly sub for the grind and then trying to sell you something more on top of it to lessen the grind. This is a business model no MMO gamer should support otherwise it will become a standard model.

lol you still have to grind like crazy, just 25% less, thats it!

Actually, if you figure out how this will work at higher tiers, you can see why they made the grind what they did.

Higher tier CxP per crate = 4990. With booster = 3745

So, if you do PvP for say 600 CxP and 15 minutes a match, and assume a constant queue pop, higher tiers crates will require 9 matches or 2 hours and 15 minutes each. If you have a booster it is six matches or 1 hour and 30 minutes.

In other words, to get close to the BS line "we designed it around casual play where a crate will drop every hour", you'll see to get close to that will also need the boosters.

Want to bet were going to see the following in the future:

- More expensive boosters that increase the amount by 50%

- Command Crates on the CM priced according to Tier? (Which will then truly be P2W)

Of course, when we get the latter, they will say it is so F2P/Preferred players can get their end game gear since the CxP system isn't accessible to them (which would question, then why do they need end game gear), but in reality, it will be for the sub players who are absolutely sick of this atrocious grind model.

Lets get one thing straight.

ANY ingame boost that affects player progress gain is P2W model. Cosmetic items that have no influence over combat and game progression are called inconvenience.

Same way normal xp boost were also to get level cap faster or gain ranks but with CXP boost it affects everyone at level CAP those who dont buy this boost.

So here you go. This is just a start. And dont let this boost item misguide you. There is still RNG involved after you gain ranks.

Edited by Divona

What good is CXP boost if you get 1 per elite.

You still get 1 per elite with CXP boost, so it is useless item.

:rolleyes:

So if i buy CXP boost i get nothing since boost will still give me the same CXP with elites than without boost.

:)

Edited by -Spc

What good is CXP boost if you get 1 per elite.

You still get 1 per elite with CXP boost, so it is useless item.

:rolleyes:

So if i buy CXP boost i get nothing since boost will still give me the same CXP with elites than without boost.

:)

Personally I'd use the boost differently. Playing the game normally, running heroics and most importantly flashpoints, uprisings and operations (if there is a group going on), saving the CXP tokens from the bosses and then only before leaving for the day using the boost to claim the CXP from these tokens.

Edited by demotivator

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.