GC RNG Gearing Must Be Removed

Voemel

I think there is now a consensus view among players that the Galactic Command RNG gearing is not what was wanted.

Asking Bioware to change it to a Legacy system is not enough. It would still be too restrictive to playing alts and minimizing the grind.

Don't accept that Bioware lay a turd at our feet only to complain in that the turd should be shined a bit. It would still be a turd.

Implement the token gearing system again. Incorporate it along side Galaxtic Command in some way if you just have too, fine. But the token system worked.

But please know that RNG Gearing is not anywhere near acceptable.

Good luck and happy gaming.

What consensus? When you throw around terms like that you should have bullet points & sources made readily available. Lack thereof makes it look like confirmation bias.

Feel free to use page after page of forum threads and posts as my bullet points.

This system is horrible, just as bad if not worse than the gear bags at launch. I can't even tell you how many duplicates I have gotten in these command crates, one time I literally only got a piece of unmodded gear and a green reputation item. I'm pretty surprised that such a terrible system isn't even ATLEAST tied into legacy, fully gearing multiple toons will be ridiculously long, a pointless grind that will no doubt discourage people from playing.

I just can't fathom how someone actually considered this RNG garbage gearing system to be good, why the hell would you essentially bring back something from launch that was taken out because of HOW BAD IT WAS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

They will change it eventually, but as always it will be too late for the game.

Damn i still cannot believe... that they re-invented these RNG boxes again, 5 years after release. Where is the logic here? :confused:

The logic is that Bioware wanted RNG gearing from the start, but EA forced them to change it due to forum outcry. Now that Bioware is in full control without EA breathing down their backs, they can reintroduce RNG gearing like they always wanted!

IMHO, here's what I think:

Tuesday and Wednesday night was our regular raid team night. We ran through DP, DF, SnV, and Ravs to level and get GCXP. In that time, we could have earned 22 pieces of SM set bonus gear (236 rating, 240 is HM, 244 is NiM).

In that time, plus the GCXP earned from hours of GSF matches, some other ops, a couple WZ's, and a DvL world boss, I've earned nothing but green and blue gear. The lucky people in our raid team have maybe 2 pieces. One of our tanks has gotten an offhand. The crafting schematics they drop are mostly terrible. That's outrageous.

I don't mind the RNG entirely, I think it's a way for non-PvE'ers to get endgame gear, fair enough. But for the love of Kephess, make ops drop ops gear again. We were absolutely outraged about the removal of NiM gear from NiM ops, and things now are even worse than that.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Tuesday and Wednesday night was our regular raid team night. We ran through DP, DF, SnV, and Ravs to level and get GCXP. In that time, we could have earned 22 pieces of SM set bonus gear (236 rating, 240 is HM, 244 is NiM).

In that time, plus the GCXP earned from hours of GSF matches, some other ops, a couple WZ's, and a DvL world boss, I've earned nothing but green and blue gear. The lucky people in our raid team have maybe 2 pieces. One of our tanks has gotten an offhand. The crafting schematics they drop are mostly terrible. That's outrageous.

I don't mind the RNG entirely, I think it's a way for non-PvE'ers to get endgame gear, fair enough. But for the love of Kephess, make ops drop ops gear again. We were absolutely outraged about the removal of NiM gear from NiM ops, and things now are even worse than that.

~ Eudoxia

Get used to it.

Now that Bioware is in full control without EA breathing down their backs, they can reintroduce RNG gearing like they always wanted!

You're naive if you believe this. With the reports of profit losses in Q4 as a result of SWTOR (they lost 1 million compared to last quarter although we don't have numbers for the increases in Galaxy of Heroes/etc that offset how much was lost to explicitly state what the actual numbers were from SWTOR), EA is breathing down their necks more than ever.

~ Eudoxia

You're naive if you believe this. With the reports of profit losses in Q4 as a result of SWTOR (they lost 1 million compared to last quarter although we don't have numbers for the increases in Galaxy of Heroes/etc that offset how much was lost to explicitly state what the actual numbers were from SWTOR), EA is breathing down their necks more than ever.

~ Eudoxia

No they aren't. EA doesn't care at all about SWTOR. The reason they mentioned SWTOR as their revenue loss (and its the only mention SWTOR gets in the entire document) is to dismiss the loss as irrelevent due to being from a long dead source that noone in EA cares about anymore.

As far as EA is concerned, as long as the game is still making a profit, they'll keep it running. Doesn't matter how much profit it makes, it just has to make a profit.

Edited by Swtorevolution

In my journey, I've found there's one other thread complaining about the crates. The rest are complaining about the gold nerf, dvl achievements and legacy Gxp. :o

Some of the more notable ones, notice how its almost hated universally across the forums besides a few trolls like SWTOR evolution praising it...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=900640

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=897683

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=901598

A troll one originally, but as you can see, still hated.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=902922&

You could always do this too....

http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?searchid=680963&pp=25

Notice how the very first two pages are almost completely panning out the RNG GC grind in a bad light.

EDIT- Oh are we playing forum games now?

The guy above me is very intelligent and observant.

Edited by peter_plankskull

I think there is now a consensus view among players that the Galactic Command RNG gearing is not what was wanted.

Asking Bioware to change it to a Legacy system is not enough. It would still be too restrictive to playing alts and minimizing the grind.

Don't accept that Bioware lay a turd at our feet only to complain in that the turd should be shined a bit. It would still be a turd.

Implement the token gearing system again. Incorporate it along side Galaxtic Command in some way if you just have too, fine. But the token system worked.

But please know that RNG Gearing is not anywhere near acceptable.

Good luck and happy gaming.

I got a set piece from my 3rd box. I'm happy with the system as is. Don't speak for me.

I dislike the system but at this point I don't think it matters that much. I completed the story, enjoyed it with the visuals, the different systems added in, and the class changes. But after the story; I find pretty much the same tired content either way. I'm over the gearing system in that I see no reason to participate either way.

Based on the mandatory-no choice changes that were made in 4.0, I'm sad to say the chances RNG gearing being removed are quite low.

Well, we can force a change by simply not playing. Of course they might not actually get the clue or listen to why even then.

At least one member of my raid group is just waiting for his sub to run out.

~ Eudoxia

Or increase the droprate of purples. The time if takes to aquire anything of a higher rating versus what used to be back in previous cycles is the main issue. Like you've said, the luckiest people will get maybe 2 purples after hours of raiding in the new GC system. That's just nonsense, especially in a game as alt-heavy as this, and it's very discouraging and clouds the benefits of a unified system (woking towards endgame gear by doing varied content)

Edited by Pietrastor