"All gold NPCs now grant 1 Command Experience point (down from 10)."

DakhathKilrathi

This is bizarre, BW create a system based on grinding, then when someone actually grinds BW nerfs it. Do you understand game systems at all BW? Do you not realise in asian grinders, which is what you've based this system on, grinding mobs is what players do? Edited by Morrolan

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What went wrong here? Did you not test this at all? Farming mobs is one of the basic playstyles in MMO's since their founding. Basic foundation of this system was the points per mob. The completion points are basically just bonuses.

If you were off by a factor of 10 here, then are you not also off by a factor of 10 in the # of levels in galactic command? meaning we really should only have 30 level or maybe 100 at most? Remember, you built this game around playing multiple alts and that is less enjoyable if they are hopelessly under-powered compared to their peers.

Finally, please do not allow this gear disparity to stand. People that grinded out 100 levels were by your words "exploiting". You said it was impossible to hit the weekly cap without exploiting. So now you have lots of people at level 100 when all of us who thought this might be judged an exploit are around level 8 or whatever. How will we ever be on an even footing in PvP or even PvE when some people were handed their CXP levels on a silver platter?

Somebody explain why they're slowing down the rate that we get f*cked by RNG? Why does it even matter... its RNG.

simple: devs, designers and testers aren't real gamers so they can't see what annoys people playing the game or how to find and fix loopholes in their planned roadmap.

from easy gearing last expansion to rng based this one

cxp from 10 to 1

seems that they lack some experienced gamer and swtor expert in their teams

Pretty sure it's their solution to keep people from ONLY farming Golds and not doing any of the other content. There's a thread where someone farmed golds somewhere for three days and max'd out the weekly CXP.

What a **** solution, if someone put the effort and time into grinding and reached the limit good for them. So now when you play their (as its not ours like people think) game kill the npc's they tell us to and they still F#CK us over. There goes my glowing "I'm loving KOTET post". Bens new line "They all came back for the awesome story, shame they will unisnstall due to our crap decisions, nerfs & year long grind to not reach max level whilst paying $170 per year minimum for the privilege" (max command level, not gear). Anyway rant over haha....

*eats popcorn and waits for the apologists to show up* Come on, don't disappoint me, explain how this one isn't total fail...

They are not coming. I have gone through every post and found only 1 that supports the change and not totally convinced they were not just trolling. Even people like myself that normally go after people who complain about stupid things and like to provide logic to those that react with emotion are put off by this change. There is no logical reason for this change other than to push people from one activity into another. The ONLY thing that was good about CXP was you could get a decent amount by doing anything. With this change that goes away. My rational brain cannot fathom the stupidity needed to not see how terrible of a decision this was to make.

This is all smoke and mirrors. People have been going on and on about how terrible the RNG system is for the last couple of months. Bioware needed to do something to distract them.

So they nerfed it to 1 CXP.

Queue rage.

This is what's going to happen:

On Monday, Eric's going to make a post like this, "Hey guys! We know some people are a little upset about the changes we made to the Command XP gains. We would like to talk to you about that <insert a lame excuse here which will vaguely translate into " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ " > But we DO value your feedback. So on this thread please give us your input! We would like to hear from you!"

Queue a 200+ page thread in response.

The following Tuesday 5.0b will be released. It will read: "We listened to your valuable feedback and we have increased CXP gains on gold mobs by 500% (Translation: They'll be worth 5 CXP)! Once again, thank you to everyone for their input!"

And people will be just SO FRIGGIN GLAD that it's not 1 CXP that they will profusely thank Eric and the rest of the Dev team for "Compromising." They will call it "reasonable."

And THEN, if anyone DARES to call BW out on their BS RNG system, those people will be told to shut up because it could be so much worse.

Sounds familiar? It is, because this is EXACTLY what happened with the Companion Nerf. Except THIS time, even most of the White Knighters are against this.

Edited by AngFour

Hi,

Quick question (don't know if there is a thread for this, probably is).

What are actually good ways to get CXP? Uprisings are pretty ok for a while (if you have either a healer and/or tank in your group, 4 DPS is sometimes too hard and yes I know I'm a casual). I read Starfighter battles where pretty good too but the queues for those are astronomically long. So anyone have any tips?

Cheers!

This is all smoke and mirrors. People have been going on and on about how terrible the RNG system is for the last couple of months. Bioware needed to do something to distract them.

Queue rage.

On Monday, Eric's going to make a post like this, "Hey guys! We know some people are a little upset about the changes we made to the Command XP gains. We would like to talk to you about that <insert a lame excuse here which will vaguely translate into " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ " > But we DO value your feedback. So on this thread please give us your input! We would like to hear from you!"

The following Tuesday 5.0b will be released. It will read: "We listened to your valuable feedback and we have increased CXP gains on gold mobs by 500% (Translation: They'll be worth 5 CXP)! Once again, thank you to everyone for their input!"

And people will be just SO FRIGGIN GLAD that it's not 1 CXP that they will profusely thank Eric and the rest of the Dev team for "Compromising." They will call it "reasonable."

And THEN, if anyone DARES to call BW out on their BS RNG system, those people will be told to shut up because it could be so much worse.

Sounds familiar? It is, because this is EXACTLY what happened with the Companion Nerf. Except THIS time, even most of the White Knighters are against this.

Agreed. This will happen. It always happens.

And I'm done with it.

See you in The Secret World, Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft (you know, that WoW, where they know how to make an actual expansion with tons of content, unlike at BW.)

Bioware Austin is perfectly analogous to that co-worker who only does the bare minimum of his job every day, takes overly long breaks, eats someone else's lunch in the office fridge, and always clocks out at day end regardless of how many people need him to stay later.

And I don't blame EA- if anyone has been keeping up, outside this game-- they have been putting in so much effort with customer relations and improving games. Mass Effect: Andromeda looks amazing so I'll hold off blaming all of Bioware until that drops. No, this feels like Bioware Austin. If this keeps up, I'm going to start sending complaints directly to EA since Bioware Austin aren't listening.

I was ignoring CXP, just going with the flow (I think I'm only level 5) and two bugs from 5.0, involving exiting the game and a Gold mount I paid real money for (Ashfall Tauntaun) were neglected for this. Frell this- I won't just wait for the game to die and anyone who is defending this needs to remember we don't want the game's servers to shut down because EA finally has enough. They are getting better but a huge part of that is image and this game's issues are tarnishing their changes. There needs to be enough players that this game is worth saving.

Hi,

Quick question (don't know if there is a thread for this, probably is).

What are actually good ways to get CXP? Uprisings are pretty ok for a while (if you have either a healer and/or tank in your group, 4 DPS is sometimes too hard and yes I know I'm a casual). I read Starfighter battles where pretty good too but the queues for those are astronomically long. So anyone have any tips?

Cheers!

Try warzones- they tend to be over quickly and you don't really even have to participate. Just attack a few times to get medals and wait for it to end.

Agreed. This will happen. It always happens.

And I'm done with it.

See you in The Secret World, Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft (you know, that WoW, where they know how to make an actual expansion with tons of content, unlike at BW.)

The worst thing about it is that the KotET story (which was just released to everyone yesterday), in and of itself, was actually pretty good (YMMV of course). But instead of people flooding the forums about that, the frickn' STORY, which BW uses as the game's main selling point, is COMPLETELY overshadowed by this asinine move.

I'd say words fail me, but I've been more prolific on these forums over the last few days than I have been in three years for my own personal writing. Too bad this didn't happen in November, because I could have used all the words I've written here for NaNoWriMo.

Queue rage.

You called it.

Makes no difference to me. I'm still not going to entertain the whole RNG gearing system they've come up with.

I am a big BW defender and I love this game, but this decision is just dumb. It's bad, and I suspect BW knows it's bad and I hope they feel bad.

Expect a reversal of this decision next patch cycle or at the very least a compromise number between 5-10 cxp.

You called it.

Makes no difference to me. I'm still not going to entertain the whole RNG gearing system they've come up with.

Neither am I, actually. I'll get Command Crates when I get them. I'm a casual player who mainly plays for the story, so I NEVER needed nor EVER expected to get BiS gear. I'll take it if I get it, sure (and one of my characters DID get some REALLY nice gear, one of which was a set piece). But for me, it's not necessary, so it's sort of like getting a random CM pack once in a while. I can take it or leave it. I can craft my own blue or purple gear which is just fine for what I do in this game.

But that doesn't mean that I don't think the system is stupid overall, because it really is. It's even more stupid than their " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ " reasons for why our companions are still missing, and that's saying something when I say that because all I really care about in this game is my companions and their stories.

Edited by AngFour