RIP Star Fortress Decorations

AscendingSky

Just helped a guild member get through one of the heroic Star Fortresses he hadn't completed yet. Apparently they didn't just take gear off the boss loot tables; they took away the entire loot table, including the SF-exclusive decoration drops. Hope everyone already got all the ones they wanted, because unless EAWare backtracks on this you're not getting any more!

I anticipate this is going to be the same situation for regular flashpoints as well, which means those decos have now gone from already miserable to obtain to just downright impossible.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=903074

There is a bug report about it... I posted it on launch day... The Heroic version has more then just drop bugs... However, Story Mode still drops all the decos...

They are not gone...

I didn't see that one! Must have missed it when I checked the bug forum earlier. Thank goodness I can at least still get them on solo mode. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Just helped a guild member get through one of the heroic Star Fortresses he hadn't completed yet. Apparently they didn't just take gear off the boss loot tables; they took away the entire loot table, including the SF-exclusive decoration drops. Hope everyone already got all the ones they wanted, because unless EAWare backtracks on this you're not getting any more!

I anticipate this is going to be the same situation for regular flashpoints as well, which means those decos have now gone from already miserable to obtain to just downright impossible.

I haven't run any SF yet (haven't in a while actually) but that doesn't surprise me one bit. Every update they mess with the loot tables and don't even care to fix them.

HM flashpoints used to drop decorations, one sure drop from the bonus boss, one good chance at a drop from the last boss. This no longer happens, bonus boss don't drop any decorations anymore and the last boss has now a very low chance to drop one.

Should we also talk about about the Manaan Research Data (you know, this currency used to buy stuffs on the vendor on Manaan) that no longer drop at all in the flashpoint? Should we also talk about the Recovered Relics (used to buy stuffs from another vendor on the fleet) no longer dropping at all in Korriban and Tython flashpoints?!

BioWare, fix your damn mess. Your loot tables are broken, fix them!

Edited by demotivator

It seams the "you should not get anything for you effort" is a theme in this expansion... Not even decos. Sorry, don't want to whine but this makes me even more upset and I was pretty upset before with cxp merf and all... It seams that PvP is the only thing worth doing in this game and I really dislike PvP...

I wonder if this is related to the Black Talon loot mess I had last night.

My husband & mother-in-law came back to the game & my son started playing. Since MiL & I are tired of rerolling, I thought we'd take advantage of level-sync & personal loot and run a Veteran mode Black Talon. First couple of bosses we all got our personal prototype drops as expected, but then the last two gave me artifact drops and the others got nothing. I was on a lvl 65, so we thought maybe my high level screwed up the looting. So I switched to a lvl 30 and we ran it in Veteran again. This time we didn't get any loot from any of the bosses. Frustrated, son does a Veteran run solo and still didn't get a single loot drop from a boss.

(After dealing with a mess of bugs, my programmer husband did make the snide comment that he didn't think they had any programmers left, only content designers. That shocked me since he is usually the first to defend other programmers!)

[quote=demotivator;9144499

Should we also talk about about the Manaan Research Data (you know, this currency used to buy stuffs on the vendor on Manaan) that no longer drop at all in the flashpoint? Should we also talk about the Recovered Relics (used to buy stuffs from another vendor on the fleet) no longer dropping at all in Korriban and Tython flashpoints?!

I don't know about Recovered Relics as I have never seen them drop outside of the quest reward in SoR but I can confirm Manaan Research Data does drop in 5.0. I was running solo FPs to level from 65-70 and did DoM and the box at the end had a purple beam of light and lo and behold... Manaan Research Data. I was astounded because I've never gotten anything but vendor trash from solo FPs. This may be a super rare occurrence but it happened.

Edited by ForjKlahaa

On the subject of star fortresses, did they fix the bug with the people dying when jumping around the reactor with those grappler thingies? I stopped doing HCs because of that. In most groups either I died from it or a specific group member died.

This is a shame to hear, especially since you should get more rewards for doing the harder version, not less! I'm sure it will get fixed though . . . right around the time they fix the loot they messed up in the last expansion. >.<

C'mon, Bioware, fix the things you mess up! I want another Heartglow Mewvorr for the character I re-rolled, they used to be pretty easy to get but then 4.0 happened. :(

On the subject of star fortresses, did they fix the bug with the people dying when jumping around the reactor with those grappler thingies? I stopped doing HCs because of that. In most groups either I died from it or a specific group member died.

Yes, they seem to have fixed it.

Although I have to say, all you ever had to do was not try to move right away when you landed. The only bug on those was that the second one would turn you around when you landed so if you never stopped pushing forward while you were grappling, you'd run off the near side edge as soon as you landed. So obviously, to get around the issue, you'd just land, turn around, then move. I mean that's all it was.

Edited by lobstah_rofls

Yes, they seem to have fixed it.

Although I have to say, all you ever had to do was not try to move right away when you landed. The only bug on those was that the second one would turn you around when you landed so if you never stopped pushing forward while you were grappling, you'd run off the near side edge as soon as you landed. So obviously, to get around the issue, you'd just land, turn around, then move. I mean that's all it was.

Thats very confusing...

I haven't run any SF yet (haven't in a while actually) but that doesn't surprise me one bit. Every update they mess with the loot tables and don't even care to fix them.

HM flashpoints used to drop decorations, one sure drop from the bonus boss, one good chance at a drop from the last boss. This no longer happens, bonus boss don't drop any decorations anymore and the last boss has now a very low chance to drop one.

BioWare, fix your damn mess. Your loot tables are broken, fix them!

Don't forget that Conquered Exarch bracers don't drop from the Paladins anymore either, since the great companion un-nerf of 4.1x