So, 100 blue level 49 implants later, reverse engineering sucks.

SinisterWarlock

I crafted about 100x level 49 blue implants, gathering all the mats was and is an ongoing time consuming process. If i didn't have multiple people helping me with mats i'd never have managed it. I'm looking to reverse engineer them to something like the surge stat. One did go purple, but it has the shield rating stat and this is a dps implant. The rest reverse engineered to nothing. I could easily end up reverse engineering 500 blues and not get what i'm after.

I really don't feel like playing this game much anymore.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

I crafted about 100x level 49 blue implants, gathering all the mats was and is an ongoing time consuming process. If i didn't have multiple people helping me with mats i'd never have managed it. I'm looking to reverse engineer them to something like the surge stat. One did go purple, but it has the shield rating stat and this is a dps implant. The rest reverse engineered to nothing. I could easily end up reverse engineering 500 blues and not get what i'm after.

Poor you. But that's the cost of real randomization. Sometimes you can get unlucky for ages. I got one green quality lvl 17 item RE about 80 times in attempt to get Redoubt version of it. No success. I finally gave up.

But that's part of crafting excitement :)

I really don't feel like playing this game much anymore.

Game isn't crafting. :) Try to look at it from other perspective. Perhaps next time you'll get two different purples in a row :)

But aiming at very specific stats set is very difficult, that's true, and IMO: it should be that way.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

Poor you. But that's the cost of real randomization. Sometimes you can get unlucky for ages. I got one green quality lvl 17 item RE about 80 times in attempt to get Redoubt version of it. No success. I finally gave up.

Game isn't crafting. :) Try to look at it from other perspective. Perhaps next time you'll get two different purples in a row :)

But aiming at very specific stats set is very difficult, that's true, and IMO: it should be that way.

When you find out how easy it is to get champion pvp gear you'll disagree. I have a full set already, except one implant. Honestly, i started doing this before I got all the champion gear, and i wonder why i even still bother with the knowledge that even if I do get success, it will all be meaingless now anyway.

The champion gear is better than anything you can craft, even perfect stat reverse engineered purple gear.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

I would be fine with it if the rewards were there, but why would anyone learn advanced or mastercraft tier 22 RE's right now when you can buy advanced tier 23 RE's off the daily vendor?

The only thing I could see that could generate some cash would be RE'ing a tier 23 advanced from daily vendor into a mastercraft, but even then it requires BoP crafting mats, and would take an insane amount of effort and luck to achieve, so who cares?

• 5 weeks later...
Seriously? The game has barely been out over a week and people are complaining that they don't have the best recipes in game yet?

The level of ADD in modern society is astounding....

I dont think you get it. The crafted Artifacts are just simply not worth making at high levels since you can get just as good and better FOR FREE by just raiding/pvp. So im going to invest countless Mats, time, and money into making an item that would have to be sold for something outrageous to make up the costs (considering you could have sold those 200+ blues)...but whos going to buy it if its priced that high when you can get a blue that has 80% of the effectiveness that will soon be upgraded anyway. If the crafting items were relevant for longer then your first few days/week @ 50 sure make it harder to craft, but as is the final product not only is incredibly costly to craft but is easily surpassed by a (in comparison) relatively short gear grind.

I find it easier to RE items once you are at max level. I tried 100s of blue 49 implants when I was lvl 48 in order to try to get a purple for when I leveled. I gave up and tried at level 50. About 20 Implants later I got two different versions. Just have to keep at it. I personally like that it is hard to get. Because it makes it that much more valuable. Especially if you want to make them for the GMK.

If you invest time into it you will profit. For those that just want to make 5 and call it a day... you didn't invest time and have no reason to reap the rewards.

Want some bad news on top of that? The more bad or unwanted patterns you learn, the more difficult it is to get what you really want.

I got three "you already know that schematic" messages yesterday. Which means I actually "won" the RNG game, but I still lost. Which is actually even more frustrating.

back when i used to play other MMO's i crafted all my armor and weapons. it took awhile but it was worth it because my crafted gear was always better than the gear i could get from drops or grind tokens. I feel your pain when the crafting is so terribly broken in this game, what else are my companions supposed to do while i sit in general chat LF HM's

Look here, and tell me why continue crafting >> http://www.torhead.com/search/champion

Because

http://www.torhead.com/item/30GpC1d/champion-combat-medics-relay

is lower than

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/gpKs9fH/columi-combat-medics-relay

now if you are really dedicated look at the Expert version under Variations.

It's the best out there, and not even Bound on pickup.

Devotion requiered is another question, not sure why raid drop component are bound.

TL DR Craft will produce the best gear, time spend to obtain it is out of wack and should not be forced to raid.

No point trying to talk him round, i would bet my house and car in a heartbeat that BW will increase the chances of proccing the next tier of items because of the QQ.

Guarantee it