New Story line = Mass Effect !!!

Murfenacus

Guys, you realy did not notice, how similar new story line with mass effect is???

What that suppose to mean so ???

planet IOKATH like ILLOS

SCORPIO like Legion

Do you remember final battle mass effect 2 - Hexagonal platform ?? same as everywhere from IOKATH, are you serious???

Alliance issue and so on..

and others similarity>....dont speak about story issue very, very inspired by Mass effect....

If i want to play mass effect i play again for milion times....no problem i love mass effect, but now i wanted to play STAR WARS !!!!

Edited by Murfenacus

*checks and sees light saber on character's belt*

*checks and sees "Jedi Knight" upon character selection*

*checks and sees a severe lack of N7 branded gear*

*player snuggles and strokes her N7 hoodie because she luffs it*

Pretty sure it's still Star Wars :p

Edited by AngFour

You do realize what this means, right? Star Wars is just another cycle that played out some time prior to the Protheans & Inusannon, and nothing that Arcann, Valkorion, or the player do to make themselves masters of the galaxy will matter when the Reapers arrive. :rak_04:

Whole issue between Empire and Republic - dark vs light side, was always phylosophical question about good and evil. And that was purpose of Lucas. Even connection and cooperation both side is ruin of STAR WARS (only because developers were lazy to do ´two story lines for republic and empire)

Actualy this is realy sad

*checks and sees light saber on character's belt*

*checks and sees "Jedi Knight" upon character selection*

*checks and sees a severe lack of N7 branded gear*

*player snuggles and strokes her N7 hoodie because she luffs it*

Pretty sure it's still Star Wars :p

Only because thing has 4 wheels it does not mean is a car....

Dont forget that Vailyn has a lot of similarities with Jack

considered so dangerous that she had to be locked away, crazy, shaved head and tattoos visual motifs (shaved head in the young version of her in trailers that is).

Edited by thepilk

Dont forget that Vailyn has a lot of similarities with Jack

considered so dangerous that she had to be locked away, crazy, shaved head and tattoos visual motifs (shaved head in the young version of her in trailers that is).

Perfect point..you right....

So im thinking..you think if i seduce Vailyn as i did to Jack ? problem solved..))

Edited by Murfenacus

And similar Dragon Age, and KOTOR, and whatever RPG Bioware released before that...

It's pretty obvious by now that BW like a certain type of formula to their games using favoured tropes. Where have you been for the past 15 or so years?

And similar Dragon Age, and KOTOR, and whatever RPG Bioware released before that...

It's pretty obvious by now that BW like a certain type of formula to their games using favoured tropes. Where have you been for the past 15 or so years?

I dont agree...as much as play many games you see similar points over each other...same when you read many books, is hard to fing pure originality. As much as you know, because you read a lot, you see it....oh this element i read in that book, and this element is similar in this book.... Of course that for one who is reading first book ever its pure original.....im ok with that...this is not problem.

What bothering me, that here are mass effect elements so visible......dragon ege did not come up on my mind when i play current star wars story....mass effect did....because its realy obvious.....

I dont agree...as much as play many games you see similar points over each other...same when you read many books, is hard to fing pure originality. As much as you know, because you read a lot, you see it....oh this element i read in that book, and this element is similar in this book.... Of course that for one who is reading first book ever its pure original.....im ok with that...this is not problem.

What bothering me, that here are mass effect elements so visible......dragon ege did not come up on my mind when i play current star wars story....mass effect did....because its realy obvious.....

Think that last part , last chapter..very fade like from Dragon Age lol

But yeah , whole time I was thinking 'where are the Quarians ?'' and 'Oh Mah Gad! Protheans Ruins !''

haha and yeah , Jack and Illusive man all over the place with Vaylin back story .

Or they just lack talent at writing something new . There is that as well .

I don't know anyone who keep ripping from their own work like this and shoving it into a new game and labeling it as new .

It's cheap and it's lame .

Think that last part , last chapter..very fade like from Dragon Age lol

But yeah , whole time I was thinking 'where are the Quarians ?'' and 'Oh Mah Gad! Protheans Ruins !''

haha and yeah , Jack and Illusive man all over the place with Vaylin back story .

well im on chapter VI now....so still no idea about whole scope of this story deception...))

Or they just lack talent at writing something new . There is that as well .

I don't know anyone who keep ripping from their own work like this and shoving it into a new game and labeling it as new .

It's cheap and it's lame .

Exactly.....look i many year played wow, and always had to pay for subcription and also for new expansion...i would rather pay for expansion too, and get proper content

Guys, you realy did not notice, how similar new story line with mass effect is???

What that suppose to mean so ???

planet IOKATH like ILLOS

SCORPIO like Legion

Do you remember final battle mass effect 2 - Hexagonal platform ?? same as everywhere from IOKATH, are you serious???

Alliance issue and so on..

and others similarity>....dont speak about story issue very, very inspired by Mass effect....

If i want to play mass effect i play again for milion times....no problem i love mass effect, but now i wanted to play STAR WARS !!!!

Well I've been saying that since original release, notice the similiarity on galaxy maps?

The dream sequence with the stone bridges forming as you ran across them reminded me of the mirror/Fade dimension in the Trespasser DLC from Dragon Age: Inquisition.

the only difference , you don't have green gooe on your hand and on those rock stairs you get stuck if you aren't careful lol Valk shoes suck ! That cheapskate ! :p

Ive been getting DA:Inquistion vibes ever since chapter 9 of KotFE with teh whole loose confederation of faction splinters, and Hylo/Oggurub/Beywn/Sane-Rae commanders remind me of Cullen/Leliana/Josephine/Cassandra as command figures in said alliance/inquisition.

Also, Chapter 6 of KoTET is pretty much the Winter Palace chapter from Inquisition all over again where you infiltrate a fancy party and eventually have a big public showdown.

You do realize they actually said they wanted to copy what made Mass Effect successful?

who me ???

I wasn't talking about that ...

but since you pointed it out! Yes, actually I do. It's even recorded in the Wikipedia description of SWTOR ..

(for whatever it's worth ... not upset or anything ... just saying )

IMHO the "mass effect" might be a part of the issue they are falling into in other areas. Something has gone south over the last year or so.

I do like the story line ... but IMHO there REALLY do need to be instances for players to invite friends into and share the game ...

But that is better discussed in another thread.

who me ???

No, that was @OP, who seems to be surprised.

What the Wikipedia entry doesn't say is that they had the dev team actually look at and replay ME2 to identify what made it so great and us it as inspiration for KotFE.

Edited by KyaniteD

No, that was @OP, who seems to be surprised.

ah !! got it ! .. and yeah I agree with you! Perhaps OP was trying to suggest that this may be more a part of the problem rather than a better solution???

At any rate. I'm sure that this will not be resolved any time soon. Hopefully a reasonable solution will be reached in the best interests of everyone concerned!