Class Balance

RACATW

So far, from what I've seen I'm pretty satisfied with the class balance.

At first I was worried about mercs being OP, they don't seem to be too bad though.

Ops are pretty annoying and super mobile.

All in all - the classes actually seem rather balanced now. So good job!

Edited by RACATW

So far, from what I've seen I'm pretty satisfied with the class balance.

At first I was worried about mercs being OP, they don't seem to be too bad though.

Ops are pretty annoying and super mobile.

All in all - the classes actually seem rather balanced now. So good job!

Mercs don't seem that bad as far as dmg crits go. I've done more on my Jugg. The Merc healing is another thing altogether.

Operatives are like gods in pvp now. Sins seem unstoppable and nearly as hard to slow down. Maras are more like Juggs and Juggs aren't anywhere near as mobile as they used to be, so they are sitting ducks for operatives, sins and Maras.

I can't comment on PTs or Sorcs as I've not been played my Sorc yet and I hate my PT

Mercs finally get their time in the light and it's oppressive as all hell. Every single match I've had tonight has had at LEAST 2 mercs on the enemy team, but very often 3, making it almost impossible to burst any of them down through all of the healing without dying to 3 electro nets.

I feel slightly squishier on my corruption sorc but I am not sure why. Yes, they nerfed the self healing (from 10% to 5%), but it seems I lose HP faster than even taking that into account O_o

I am now quite happy that I can pick both bubble stun, insta WW while keeping the utility that allows you to move and cast healing trance (forgot its name). But I am not sure what else to pick.... I also egress from the 3rd tier and only the "healing-on-the-move" from the last tier. Has anybody have other tips for tier 3-4 utilities?

Other than that, I haven't felt that much has changed for corruption sorc. If another class outheals me it is usually because it is down to the better player (who would have outhealed me on a sorc as well).

Edited by iam_celestial

My Sent feels pretty good as Combat, I can give Operatives a hard time which is fun....going to switch specs soon and try Watchman...

I will likely take my Shadow from 65 to 70 next.

Merc/Mando have strong staying power now so that is pretty cool....I have yet to level 65 to 70 on my Merc though.

Edited by Soljin

I feel slightly squishier on my corruption sorc but I am not sure why. Yes, they nerfed the self healing (from 10% to 5%), but it seems I lose HP faster than even taking that into account O_o

I am now quite happy that I can pick both bubble stun, insta WW while keeping the utility that allows you to move and cast healing trance (forgot its name). But I am not sure what else to pick.... I also egress from the 3rd tier and only the "healing-on-the-move" from the last tier. Has anybody have other tips for tier 3-4 utilities?

Other than that, I haven't felt that much has changed for corruption sorc. If another class outheals me it is usually because it is down to the better player (who would have outhealed me on a sorc as well).

Do sorcs/sages still maintain their status as "best PVP healer" even with the 5.0 nerfs?

Do sorcs/sages still maintain their status as "best PVP healer" even with the 5.0 nerfs?

They probably will always be the best because of just how their healing is mechanically the best for PvP with equal single target burst and AoE burst and having good CDs while also interrupt immunity.

Merc self heals are off the charts, add net to it and its nearly impossible to solo a merc as melee dps now.

I agree, their heals need to be capped just like reflect on guardian is capped at the very least or marked down to a rate similar to a jugg.

100k self heal at a time is just painful to see...

Edited by RACATW

Merc feel strong only if you get them with full cds and even then they are not that strong. On my jugg i'm not having any problem killings merc even when they have all cds up. If you get them with like half the cds its easy kill.

I have a friend who only plays his merc and he is finding strange that he is criting the same as pre 5.0 ( 20-25k) While other classes are criting harder than that now in 5.0.

My jugg and mara are pulling better numbers on every wz i have been playing while my jugg can even guard someone to impressive guard numbers.

I think the strongest classes right now is

Jugg > Mara = sin = op > Merc > rest

My impression so far of 2 days doing only pvp.

Sins feel way over the top...but maybe I am wrong if no one else is complaining about them...

I had an issue with them and thought it must just be me. So I jumped on mine and facerollled people. I'd not played her since 3.0 was launched and had no idea what I was doing. All I did was button mash and I still topped the DPS.

To me that seem a bit OP, but I think everyone is still getting used to the new metas and we'll have to see how things pan out.

The stand out OP class for me is the operatives

Merc feel strong only if you get them with full cds and even then they are not that strong. On my jugg i'm not having any problem killings merc even when they have all cds up. If you get them with like half the cds its easy kill.

I have a friend who only plays his merc and he is finding strange that he is criting the same as pre 5.0 ( 20-25k) While other classes are criting harder than that now in 5.0.

My jugg and mara are pulling better numbers on every wz i have been playing while my jugg can even guard someone to impressive guard numbers.

Don't you think your Jugg has lost some mobility?

Don't you think your Jugg has lost some mobility?

Just a little bit but im hitting way harder. (28-35k crits) while guarding someone. My mara is criting over 30k too.

Mara feels really tank right now. Specially combat. the new gore is awsome.

Edited by squallleon

Just a little bit but im hitting way harder. (28-35k crits) while guarding someone. My mara is criting over 30k too.

Mara feels really tank right now. Specially combat. the new gore is awsome.

Everyone is hitting harder because of the health increase. If you weren't hitting 30k, it would be impossible to kill anything. My Jugg feels less mobile and a sitting duck for all the mobility the other classes have now. My Mara feels more like my Jugg and my Jugg just feels stuck in the mud.

Everyone is hitting harder because of the health increase. If you weren't hitting 30k, it would be impossible to kill anything. My Jugg feels less mobile and a sitting duck for all the mobility the other classes have now. My Mara feels more like my Jugg and my Jugg just feels stuck in the mud.

Jugg mobility got nerfed so hard this patch. No more endure pain 50% speed. :(

Edited by RACATW

I have a friend who only plays his merc and he is finding strange that he is criting the same as pre 5.0 ( 20-25k)
i was playing merc earlier, and the last game i played i hit a 43k. i dont know how different it is at 70, i was level 65. but merc seems like one of the better classes to me.

My Sent feels pretty good as Combat, I can give Operatives a hard time which is fun....going to switch specs soon and try Watchman...

I will likely take my Shadow from 65 to 70 next.

Merc/Mando have strong staying power now so that is pretty cool....I have yet to level 65 to 70 on my Merc though.

I am back in love with my Combat Sent. I can finally live through a fight. About time too. After I level my Sent, probably move to my Sin and check it out.

I saw a merc heal for a 94k single heal in PvP yesterday. I don't know how that's possible

There is a new Merc utility that heals for up to 75% max health (15 stacks at 5% per stack) when the energy shield expires. It's crazy awesome. At about 130k health, that would be up to about 100k for a single heal.

Which operatives are you guys fighting that make you think that the class is stronger than a merc? I'm still ******** on most operatives on my freaking marauder.

I'm curious if this holds true for Annihilation/Watchman spec. Does Anni/Watchman continue to underperform in PVP post 5.0?

-xgiga