So....about Vaylin....

Nihilix

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very funny! :mad: I imagined your "dark princess" ripped apart by beasts , how about that favorite method of execution, lol? Don't try me.. as i said, i'm in a Sithy mood today :D

Pretty sure she would tear said beasts apart, then cook them up. Maybe we could gift said SIS agent to her, for her corpse wall? :p Or let the Sarlacc do it's 1000 year digestion thing. :eek:

If he's got a good reason, he can live, if he hasn't ... I want a new decoration 'Theron's head on a pike'

He'd better have a good reason, because if he doesn't, people are going to want him to have a "execution" path, and that always ends with people who want him around not getting any more story from him. Even with a good reason, I think we're going to get that. It never ends well.

He'd better have a good reason, because if he doesn't, people are going to want him to have a "execution" path, and that always ends with people who want him around not getting any more story from him. Even with a good reason, I think we're going to get that. It never ends well.

Exile will likely be the 'middle ground' in this scenario.

If TS is killed and not given as an Odessen terminal return option, can i please have all my credits invested in gifts for him back? And can i have another romance option, i mean other than Arcann, Vaylin or Senya? I know, you will say "Lana". Sorry, none of my characters is a lesbian or even bisexual..

Exile will likely be the 'middle ground' in this scenario.

I'm not sure I see that ending any better. I worry, with some reason, I think, that anything that removes a character from anyone's story is going to remove them from everyone's story, and that's just no good.

I'm not sure I see that ending any better. I worry, with some reason, I think, that anything that removes a character from anyone's story is going to remove them from everyone's story, and that's just no good.

Some stay, even if they were killed in someone's story, some don't, it is as simple as that, why let anyone who's not on your side have any other option than yours? As i said, this is Sithy.

Maybe they're trying to go for a fresh start for this new IMP vs PUB story?

Well, they proved us wrong with whatever is going to happen with Arcann later today. So at this point, who knows?!

Well, they proved us wrong with whatever is going to happen with Arcann later today. So at this point, who knows?!

After the 2 minutes romance from today, Arcann will be paperweight too, will never be again part of the main story because in some stories he is dead.

PC : " dude, i killed you, how are you here in the War Room?? "

Arcann : " ..ah, lol, i'm dead, i forgot about it"

PC : :confused::confused::confused:

When, say, Koth gets more story, I'll buy it. Arcann appears to be a really weird exception at the moment, and, considering how so far he's just been forgiven his heinous crimes and his broken sister seems to be getting the all the blame, kind of an annoying one. I'm waiting for the reveal that everything he did is literally her fault, because of that whole "her rage was driving him forward" thing. Haven't decided what to do after that, especially if it isn't immediately pointed out that it was because of what Valkorion did to her.

Edited by gamephil

When, say, Koth gets more story, I'll buy it. Arcann appears to be a really weird exception at the moment, and, considering how so far he's just been forgiven his heinous crimes and his broken sister seems to be getting the all the blame, kind of an annoying one. I'm waiting for the reveal that everything he did is literally her fault, because of that whole "her rage was driving him forward" thing. Haven't decided what to do after that, especially if it isn't immediately pointed out that it was because of what Valkorion did to her.

I always thought it was pretty obvious that Valkorion's kids being f'ed up was absolutely a result of Valkorion's awful treatment of them, the story arc makes it very clear that he was slyly pitting them against each other and treating them appallingly, especially poor Vaylin. It's even explicitly explained that Valkorion corrupted them, Arcann couldn't even set foot on Nathema because the corruption of that world (caused by his father) would've taken hold of him again. Kinda blows my mind that people would shift the blame onto anyone but Valkorion.

Sure, Arcann, Vaylin and Thexan (before his death) done terrible things and that shouldn't be handwaved away, but it was certainly done under the influence of Valkorion's corruptive hold over them, once Arcann was cleansed of it he's genuinely mortified and regretful of his behaviour, it absolutely shouldn't be blamed on Vaylin though... she has/had her own **** to answer for.

once Arcann was cleansed of it he's genuinely mortified and regretful of his behaviour, it absolutely shouldn't be blamed on Vaylin though... she has/had her own **** to answer for.

You can be "mortified and regretful" for accidentally hitting your neighbor's car, but not for ordering the destruction of a few planets, treating your own people like sh*t , plundering Imperial and Republican territories.How can anyone excuse that? How can anyone pretend none of that happened? :confused:

I always thought it was pretty obvious that Valkorion's kids being f'ed up was absolutely a result of Valkorion's awful treatment of them, the story arc makes it very clear that he was slyly pitting them against each other and treating them appallingly, especially poor Vaylin. It's even explicitly explained that Valkorion corrupted them, Arcann couldn't even set foot on Nathema because the corruption of that world (caused by his father) would've taken hold of him again. Kinda blows my mind that people would shift the blame onto anyone but Valkorion.

Sure, Arcann, Vaylin and Thexan (before his death) done terrible things and that shouldn't be handwaved away, but it was certainly done under the influence of Valkorion's corruptive hold over them, once Arcann was cleansed of it he's genuinely mortified and regretful of his behaviour, it absolutely shouldn't be blamed on Vaylin though... she has/had her own **** to answer for.

Note: I may sound argumentative, but this is just another long-winded "me too", really. I also dislike the ritual that freed Arcann, though. It felt cheap, and, considering that we actually see Vaylin get ritualed until her eyes go yellow, much more appropriate for freeing her than him. I would have preferred him to just turn his life around because he realized that trying to be his father or surpass his father was the Wrong Thing than have rituals done to him that were disturbingly like the ones done to her.

And I know how he was presented was generally as a victim, but since KotET ended, we've had three separate "Vaylin did this" (starting with Theron's "Every world Vaylin terrorized"), and the Alliance just accepting Arcann is too far fetched, whatever was done to him. It truly feels as though we are meant to ignore his crimes, to pin it all on her. Not in any of those cases was the blame for any of it laid at Valkorion's feet. On the train, he was mentioned, but it was framed as "He was this powerful threat we took down together." Whenever there is an invasion, or a world terrorized, or a "psycho", it's Vaylin. It makes me crabby.

Valkorion is the villain, as you said. Any implication otherwise makes me want to uninstall the game. I still might.

And the fact that her torture was front-and-center, and his was, at best, implied (and when i'm grumpy, I don't even see him that way, but normally I do), just makes it worse. His crimes are being washed away but the person we get to see tortured into madness we have to, not just kill, but actually use torture and manipulation against, and then she consistently gets the blame, so far. If any blame accrued to him, if anyone said they hated him at any point or blamed him, it would be better, even if we consider that blame to be not entirely fair. Him taking responsibility helps, but starting with Theron just accepting him for killing a coupla guys onward, everyone else seems to blow it off. If he weren't so completely accepted, her death and the treatment she got before and after it would be easier to tolerate, because at least then the story is consistent.

We'll know more after this patch. Right now, it's appalling. I'm honestly not expecting that to change.

Hmm...

It didn't really answer anything, other than he still feels bad.

Arcann romance wasn't that bad. Vaylin wasn't mentioned, so you don't have to worry about further negativity in that.

Yeah, that's better than I'd worried it would be, not as good as it needed to be for me to take it seriously. I'll get to it eventually, but neither character I've gotten through KotET would be remotely interested, so it may be a while. Thanks for the update.

Arcann romance wasn't that bad. Vaylin wasn't mentioned, so you don't have to worry about further negativity in that.

OK so you got intimate with him, why do you think he won't try to get his Throne back? Do you really believe the "redemption" mumbo-jumbo?

Edited by bluehufsa