Rank 6 Companion Gifts on Odessan Now Cost 250,000 Credits each! The Frack Bioware?

Grieverheart

While I agree it is high they did warn us that they were going to be extremely high on the stream because they "claim" you will get companion gifts in the command crates (Rank 3- No companion gift yet) so they were increasing the price for the ones at the vendors.

I did. I got a broken Courting Gift!

*and there was much rejoicing* :rolleyes:

While I agree it is high they did warn us that they were going to be extremely high on the stream because they "claim" you will get companion gifts in the command crates (Rank 3- No companion gift yet) so they were increasing the price for the ones at the vendors.

i got like 2 rank 6 gifts, but more often grade 5s

Expensive I can understand but a quarter of a million for ONE rank 6 companion gift is a little extreme.

Come on guys tone it down a little I mean 4 gifts for a million credits? Get real.

The least you could so is use a little lube if your going to do it to us so hard....

there is lube - the chance of getting them gifts from ur gear boxes:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

It used to cost 30 basic commendations on Odessen, now it costs 250.000 credits... The conversion rate was: 1 basic com = 500 credits. Therefore a rank 6 Companion Gift should cost: 500 X 30 = 15000 credits. Thanks for screwing us Bioware...

hopefully they at least enjoyed it enough to fix that damn rng hahaha:eek::eek::eek:

6 Rank 5 gifts on fleet = 60,000 credits

1 Rank 6 gift in Odessen = 250,000 credits

SAME AMOUNT of influence gain.

Actually, it only takes 3-4 rank 5 gifts to add up to a rank 6.

665 influence vs 1996 influence from rank 20-30 (3x)

533 influence vs 1664 influence from rank 30-40 (3x)

399 influence vs 1331 influence from rank 40-50 (4x)

6 Rank 5 gifts on fleet = 60,000 credits

1 Rank 6 gift in Odessen = 250,000 credits

SAME AMOUNT of influence gain.

Moral of the story: Go to fleet. Stick it to "The Man"

Shhh. Instead of lowering the price on Rank 6's, they might jack the prices of the Rank 5's, knowing how they think... ^^;

Shhh. Instead of lowering the price on Rank 6's, they might jack the prices of the Rank 5's, knowing how they think... ^^;

Yeah we don't want to give them any ideas. I know they said they wanted companion gifts to come from cxp boxes but I've only been getting grade 5's not 6's, and I'm not about to spend 250K on Odessen. They better leave fleet alone.

i have gotten some crappy comp gifts, but the two i got no way made up for the 10 i would have bought by now.

Actually, it only takes 3-4 rank 5 gifts to add up to a rank 6.

665 influence vs 1996 influence from rank 20-30 (3x)

533 influence vs 1664 influence from rank 30-40 (3x)

399 influence vs 1331 influence from rank 40-50 (4x)

Yep... It's really not that bad now since the prices on rank 5 purples are so low and they do skill up fairly quickly.

I do have tons of rank 6 legendarys in my cargo hold... but I think I will just sell them and stick with rank 5s. Some people will pay well for them for use in the 40-50 run-up, and I can sell them well below vendor price with no issue.

• 1 year later...

Kind of necroing this thread here, but yeah, they are WAY too expensive for what little gain you get in comparison. Not to mention I feel like the Smuggled Goods vendor should go back to accepting Command Crates as well, and additionally start accepting gift fragments like the Fleet vendor.

I'm also annoyed that I can't trade Command Tokens for them. I very RARELY use any of my Command Tokens since I just wait to see what I roll in Command Packs, so they're basically just sitting there. I can only buy so many boosts and Iokath Recombinators, lol.

Edited by DirtySockPropel
typo

Kind of necroing this thread here, but yeah, they are WAY too expensive for what little gain you get in comparison. Not to mention I feel like the Smuggled Goods vendor should go back to accepting Command Crates as well, and additionally start accepting gift fragments like the Fleet vendor.

I'm also annoyed that I can't trade Command Tokens for them. I very RARELY use any of my Command Tokens since I just wait to see what I roll in Command Packs, so they're basically just sitting there. I can only buy so many boosts and Iokath Recombinators, lol.

The whole idea of these is a credit sync for those people who have way more credits than time (so the people who have billions of credits on multiple toons).

For command tokens, buy the boosts or recombinators, and sell them on the gtn. Or buy 230 gear for an alt.

The whole idea of these is a credit sync for those people who have way more credits than time (so the people who have billions of credits on multiple toons).

For command tokens, buy the boosts or recombinators, and sell them on the gtn. Or buy 230 gear for an alt.

Yes it is a credit sink, but it almost must be an idiot sink cause as people pointed out in this thread buying rank 5 and lower gives much more influence! The price just does not make any sense!

I just use the free ones I get from alliance crates. Never buy gifts. Don't like gifts as part of cartel pack either as you can lose companions as part of the story now and paying real money for these. While you can just reclaim them (except the temp comps that you can still give gifts to) It's just not the same, well not to me. Never will understand why players buy gifts be that with in-game credits or real money.

• 2 months later...

Here's a thought, buy the Iokath Recombinators, then sell right back to the vendor for a tidy little profit. You make a couple million doing this with 3,000 Command Tokens. Best yet, not a glitch or bug, perfectly legal to do.

Here's a thought, buy the Iokath Recombinators, then sell right back to the vendor for a tidy little profit. You make a couple million doing this with 3,000 Command Tokens. Best yet, not a glitch or bug, perfectly legal to do.

I do this all the time, it's a good way to make some extra cheese.

But buying those gifts on Oddesun, no way, way too expensive for a gift, that's insane. I'll give em to a comp if I get em in a crate, but baring that, I don't like them enough to get them gifts at that price unless they are the kind of companions that "help me release some tension" from time to time =]

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Or, you could just purchase the Commander's Compendium (Influence 50 token) from the Conquest vendor. 3 Dark Projects and about 4.25 million credits I think? Seems much more economical to me.

IIRC, about 3 million credits worth of the rank 5 gifts from the fleet vendor is enough to reach influence 50, so the compendium is only economical from a time perspective.

IIRC, about 3 million credits worth of the rank 5 gifts from the fleet vendor is enough to reach influence 50, so the compendium is only economical from a time perspective.

Some kind person in a recent thread worked out that you need 477 purple quality gifts to get a companion to level 50. This costs 4,770,000 credits and takes about 25 mins (less if you have the legacy perks, I tried it earlier this week). The compendium costs a lot more if you are buying all the items (or even making them now that dark projects are so expensive to make for casuals and soloers). I used a compendium once as I had the items needed sitting in my legacy bank before the change came. Now I just buy the gifts as level 50 influence companions are excellent if you have any crafting/gathering skills. And if you tend to tab out / go afk (like I do) and forget that mobs respawn - my companions always save me!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.