50% XP armor DvsL HUGE MISTAKE please fix ASAP

MaximumOwnage

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost like they don't even know you, MO. :p

Lol, I know right. They must be new around here. I must have really struck a nerve. These people take their legacy gear very seriously I see. I noticed none of the old timers posted (except you) so maybe this will be part 2 with a whole new crowd. I know you will be tuning in to watch the "new" mini series. I wish I could be a spectator like you, all this typing is wearing me out, lol.

Edited by MaximumOwnage

Maybe the poster to whom you responded should have been a little more specific.

It would seem obvious that the intent was that a maximum of one armor set could be earned per server. I say maximum due to the fact that once a player had credit for the achievement on a given server, they could not earn that achievement and the armor set again. This would, of course, include any credit given due to character transfers, as has been the case with every other achievement and character transfers.

Yes. This. Thank you. Busy hectic day for full claifications.

Not sure how that refutes what I was saying then. 1 per server or multiple per server is pretty much the same thing... just a question of convenience and CS resources when people inevitably delete their 1 server copy on accident.

Not sure how that refutes what I was saying then. 1 per server or multiple per server is pretty much the same thing... just a question of convenience and CS resources when people inevitably delete their 1 server copy on accident.

1 per server and multiple per server is pretty much the same thing?

I'm guessing that math was not your best subject since 1 per server is pretty much the definition of NOT multiple per server.

This is NOT just a question of convenience. Aside from the whole "just GIVE me a set of armor for every character on every server, even though I KNOW I only earned ONE set of armor" entitlement issue, multiple copies of that armor open up a whole new can of worms regarding transferring characters and other achievements.

1 per server and multiple per server is pretty much the same thing?

I'm guessing that math was not your best subject since 1 per server is pretty much the definition of NOT multiple per server.

This is NOT just a question of convenience. Aside from the whole "just GIVE me a set of armor for every character on every server, even though I KNOW I only earned ONE set of armor" entitlement issue, multiple copies of that armor open up a whole new can of worms regarding transferring characters and other achievements.

Opens up what can of worms exactly?

For the obtuse, let's start with the fact the NO achievement can be "redone", meaning you CANNOT get credit for an achievement you already have on a given server.

Now, the OP wants BW to simply GIVE her additional sets of armor that she did NOT earn. She transferred a character to another server and therefore has credit for the achievement on the new server.

Let's say that hypothetically, BW caters to her unreasonable demand and simply hands her additional sets of armor that she did NOT earn for the new server.

Now, how does BW handle all the new demands for additional achievement rewards on new servers from players who transfer characters?

Now, you can choose to ignore or dismiss this can of worms and others, simply because they do not mesh with your personal desires, or those of the OP, but that in now way diminishes the potential problems or the potential for abuse and exploitation.

For the obtuse, let's start with the fact the NO achievement can be "redone", meaning you CANNOT get credit for an achievement you already have on a given server.

Now, the OP wants BW to simply GIVE her additional sets of armor that she did NOT earn. She transferred a character to another server and therefore has credit for the achievement on the new server.

Let's say that hypothetically, BW caters to her unreasonable demand and simply hands her additional sets of armor that she did NOT earn for the new server.

Now, how does BW handle all the new demands for additional achievement rewards on new servers from players who transfer characters?

Now, you can choose to ignore or dismiss this can of worms and others, simply because they do not mesh with your personal desires, or those of the OP, but that in now way diminishes the potential problems or the potential for abuse and exploitation.

Not sure why you need to involve insults. It's just an argument.

As for how? One way is they could do it like the mailed rewards you get on every character and just send it to anyone who got at least one full set of armor. They don't need to go in and auto-complete achievements or something. That would be a mess.

It doesn't. He is just trying to make a case when there is no case to make. The only difference it makes is that it allows people like me who have 16 new DvsL characters a little relief in both gearing each toon and also keeping track of the armor. Each toon getting its own suit makes nothing but sense just like the legacy pilot suits that every single character you make receive 4 copies of in your mail. I just makes perfect sense.

A simple thought on this. And this is exactly what I have been dealing with since the start of this armor. I make a level 1 DvsL toon. I get him up to level 30. I keep his mods and enhancements current to his level. Now I make a new lvl 1 DvsL toon. Now to use the armor I must remove all the mods and enhancements to equip it on the lvl 1. Now do that with 16 toons like I have and tell me having only 1 suit for an entire account makes sense. Because the truth of the matter is that it makes no sense at all.

The argument about using the suit on a different server is also null. What difference does it make if you do a character transfer to another server and now have the suit there? What harm is it in that? Does it bother someone that a player has a suit on only 1 server? If that bothers you, then just delete the copy when you transfer so you wont be able to use yours. But leave us alone who do want to use it. I mean what difference does it make if you "transfer' the suit there or just have it unlocked on that legacy so you can acquire it? Do you get off somehow on knowing a person is getting cranked by having to spend 1000CC every time he needs to use it on a different server? Or do you get off on the fact that I must in mod and remod the suit every time I want to use it on different level alts? Or do you get off on the fact that I must keep in equipping and re equipping armor over and over again using the legacy bank making sure each toon has ready access to a legacy bank every time I stop or start playing it? I mean what makes you people tick? I don't get it.

Or maybe its just your foolish pride. You don't like the way I speak directly and you don't like my tone. So Because I disagree with your comments in a stern response you get all stiff necked and are out to somehow show me up. Who knows. Honestly I don't really care.

This gentleman who responded to your post is exactly right. What can of worms does this open? The fact of the matter is you have no answer. The response you gave him says that you don't have an answer. What you said is not a can of worms. You were better of not saying anything at all because what you said was not an answer to his question.

That armor should be available to every toon in your legacy. That armor should be available to every server that you transfer too. That is plain and that is simple. At this point if you don't like that, you can lump that.

Have a great day! :)

That armor should be available to every toon in your legacy. That armor should be available to every server that you transfer too.

No it shouldn't. What they really should do is remove all copies of this armour from the game as soon as 5.0 hits. It's that simple.

Have an even greater day! :)

It doesn't. He is just trying to make a case when there is no case to make. The only difference it makes is that it allows people like me who have 16 new DvsL characters a little relief in both gearing each toon and also keeping track of the armor. Each toon getting its own suit makes nothing but sense just like the legacy pilot suits that every single character you make receive 4 copies of in your mail. I just makes perfect sense.

A simple thought on this. And this is exactly what I have been dealing with since the start of this armor. I make a level 1 DvsL toon. I get him up to level 30. I keep his mods and enhancements current to his level. Now I make a new lvl 1 DvsL toon. Now to use the armor I must remove all the mods and enhancements to equip it on the lvl 1. Now do that with 16 toons like I have and tell me having only 1 suit for an entire account makes sense. Because the truth of the matter is that it makes no sense at all.

The argument about using the suit on a different server is also null. What difference does it make if you do a character transfer to another server and now have the suit there? What harm is it in that? Does it bother someone that a player has a suit on only 1 server? If that bothers you, then just delete the copy when you transfer so you wont be able to use yours. But leave us alone who do want to use it. I mean what difference does it make if you "transfer' the suit there or just have it unlocked on that legacy so you can acquire it? Do you get off somehow on knowing a person is getting cranked by having to spend 1000CC every time he needs to use it on a different server? Or do you get off on the fact that I must in mod and remod the suit every time I want to use it on different level alts? Or do you get off on the fact that I must keep in equipping and re equipping armor over and over again using the legacy bank making sure each toon has ready access to a legacy bank every time I stop or start playing it? I mean what makes you people tick? I don't get it.

Or maybe its just your foolish pride. You don't like the way I speak directly and you don't like my tone. So Because I disagree with your comments in a stern response you get all stiff necked and are out to somehow show me up. Who knows. Honestly I don't really care.

This gentleman who responded to your post is exactly right. What can of worms does this open? The fact of the matter is you have no answer. The response you gave him says that you don't have an answer. What you said is not a can of worms. You were better of not saying anything at all because what you said was not an answer to his question.

That armor should be available to every toon in your legacy. That armor should be available to every server that you transfer too. That is plain and that is simple. At this point if you don't like that, you can lump that.

Have a great day! :)

As I said, feel free to ignore or dismiss the huge can of worms that your ENTITLED, UNREASONABLE demand would open, since it throws a huge hole into your "GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!" demand.

There is NO problem with moving the ONE SET of armor you earned to another server. you are not demanding that, though. You are demanding that BW simply give you infinite copies of a set of armor for which you only earned ONE COPY.

Anyone who does not bow and grovel before you in a mad rush to agree with you is met with vile, personal attacks.

Well, it would bother players like me who went through several legacies on different servers and investing the time to unlock the set on according servers according to the rules of BW. Personally I know a guy with seven legacies who walked through that odeal for the whole event time. Why is our time less worth the MaximumOwnages? Why she/he believes more then one set is owned for her/his puny performance of playing through that once? I made the decision I want the XP sets on all my legacies, I worked for it for the whole time of the event till today. I could have done something else more enjoyable instead if the rules were different. But they are what they are. I would be very pissed if players who try to cheat the system would be rewarded and those who soldiered their way through gets laughed on by BW. Is that so hard to understand? :eek:

Well, it would bother players like me who went through several legacies on different servers and investing the time to unlock the set on according servers according to the rules of BW. Personally I know a guy with seven legacies who walked through that odeal for the whole event time. Why is our time less worth the MaximumOwnages? Why she/he believes more then one set is owned for her/his puny performance of playing through that once? I made the decision I want the XP sets on all my legacies, I worked for it for the whole time of the event till today. I could have done something else more enjoyable instead if the rules were different. But they are what they are. I would be very pissed if players who try to cheat the system would be rewarded and those who soldiered their way through gets laughed on by BW. Is that so hard to understand? :eek:

First of all, it's not you against players who try to cheat the system. You can take your self-righteous fury elsewhere.

I will give you that you make a legitimate point about having invested time in getting multiple sets of the armor, but I don't agree with the mentality behind it. I have a bunch of armor sets in collections that I unlocked before the Black Friday discount. Should I have some coins refunded because I could have gotten a better deal on those pieces? No. I unlocked those sets for a reason and I used many of them in the interim.

Just as you probably used the sets you unlocked in some capacity and you got the other DvL rewards in the process. So don't act like you got nothing out of it.

Even if BW chose to hand out mail sets to everyone who earned one set, you still got the other rewards for doing it on multiple legacies, you got the use out of the armor during the time you earned it and any time after, you got the DvL titles on those legacies, and you no doubt have at least one more high level character on all those legacies... a character who can earn extra credits, give you extra entertainment at end-game, etc.

Now now now. Are you being completely honest here player? Let me tell you something. This is NOT my first rodeo. I have been playing this game since beta and I know a little about this game. I am in one of the largest most active guilds on Harbinger. And I know dozens of people who have made alts on different servers to grind out DvsL. And EVERY SINGLE person in the guild that is and was doing that ALL 100% of them were doing it for the LvsD packs. They were simply grinding the packs and the legacy armor was just a consequence of that. I'm not saying that they did not want the armor once they obtained it. What I am saying is if it was ONLY the 50% armor, they would not have spent 5 minutes making toons on other servers to grind DvsL event.

Let me tell you something. I never heard anyone even mention that gear. And let me tell you, there were groups in our guild grinding on other servers. They were doing it with like 15-20 people at a time. And not 1 time did anyone even mention that armor. It was 100% the entire time all about the packs. That is all they ever talked about was the loot from the packs. So if someone spent all that time just for that armor, then they are the exception NOT the rule for doing so.

And let me add so I am perfectly clear about something. I do not and have never advocated for someone moving to another server and receiving anything other than legacy bound armor. So don't bring up LvsD packs. And don't try to kid me into thinking I am going to buy into a story about anyone grinding that armor. That armor was only a consequence of you farming those packs. And I think it is great that you have all those sets, but it doesn't change my opinion that they should be available to any toon that is on a legacy in which that achievement is completed.

First of all, it's not you against players who try to cheat the system. You can take your self-righteous fury elsewhere.

I will give you that you make a legitimate point about having invested time in getting multiple sets of the armor, but I don't agree with the mentality behind it. I have a bunch of armor sets in collections that I unlocked before the Black Friday discount. Should I have some coins refunded because I could have gotten a better deal on those pieces? No. I unlocked those sets for a reason and I used many of them in the interim.

Just as you probably used the sets you unlocked in some capacity and you got the other DvL rewards in the process. So don't act like you got nothing out of it.

Even if BW chose to hand out mail sets to everyone who earned one set, you still got the other rewards for doing it on multiple legacies, you got the use out of the armor during the time you earned it and any time after, you got the DvL titles on those legacies, and you no doubt have at least one more high level character on all those legacies... a character who can earn extra credits, give you extra entertainment at end-game, etc.

You bought those unlocks prior to the sale. That's like buying a new TV then seeing it go on sale in 6 months. Sometimes life happens.

But, you only bought ONE TV. You do not expect the store to give you unlimited TV's simply because you ant to watch TV in another room, or move the TV you have to another room.

You don't expect to account unlock one set of armor in the collections interface and automatically be given account unlocks for every other set of armor in the collections interface simply because you account unlocked ONE set of armor, do you?

You bought those unlocks prior to the sale. That's like buying a new TV then seeing it go on sale in 6 months. Sometimes life happens.

But, you only bought ONE TV. You do not expect the store to give you unlimited TV's simply because you ant to watch TV in another room, or move the TV you have to another room.

You don't expect to account unlock one set of armor in the collections interface and automatically be given account unlocks for every other set of armor in the collections interface simply because you account unlocked ONE set of armor, do you?

You can't turn that argument around on me because I don't expect anything. I have made a case to BW for giving out the DvL armor on account level and have debated a few points that are related. That's it.

You can't turn that argument around on me because I don't expect anything. I have made a case to BW for giving out the DvL armor on account level and have debated a few points that are related. That's it.

You want to see BW give out a set of armor for each and every character on each and every server, even though at least some players only earned ONE set of armor on ONE server, apparently, since you "made a case" for BW to give out that armor on an account level.

Since you advocate giving out things not earned, why would you not support paying to account unlock ONE set of armor and simply being given the account unlocks on every set of armor, present and future? Why would you not go to the store where you bought that ONE TV and demand that they simply hand you another TV for each and every room in your house? After all, you already bought it, right?

You want to see BW give out a set of armor for each and every character on each and every server, even though at least some players only earned ONE set of armor on ONE server, apparently, since you "made a case" for BW to give out that armor on an account level.

Since you advocate giving out things not earned, why would you not support paying to account unlock ONE set of armor and simply being given the account unlocks on every set of armor, present and future? Why would you not go to the store where you bought that ONE TV and demand that they simply hand you another TV for each and every room in your house? After all, you already bought it, right?

1) Why would I demand anything when I'm not demanding in the first place?

2) You're pretty much just making my point for me. You aren't owed retroactive compensation because things change, unless it's a legally binding scenario, nor are you owed things staying the way they are, unless it's legally binding. People confuse what is implied and what is stated all the time.

3) Setting aside the words you're putting in my mouth, I'll humor your comparison. Why would I not support unlocking one set of CM armor and then instantly getting account unlock status? Well there are several factors involved. The most glaring being that DvL armor currently has no account unlock option, even for money, so it's not even comparable out of the gate. The other is, DvL armor is a special, event-based armor that (so far) can only be obtained during the DvL period by completing event objectives. Both are factors that make it a vastly different situation from a typical CM armor set. For example, BW is not losing money if they make the XP armor account mailed, since it's not a set you buy for money in the first place.

You want to see BW give out a set of armor for each and every character on each and every server, even though at least some players only earned ONE set of armor on ONE server

2 things.

#1. They should at bare minimum allow access to the armor to ANYONE that has it unlocked in their achievements whether they did it on 1 server or several servers or whatever the case may be. If you can transfer the armor (for a hefty sum of 1000CC) than there is no reason why you should not be allowed copies of that armor once unlocked period. The reason why I am emphasizing on the "legacy achievement being completed" is because the only way you could have that on a different server is (A) you completed it on that server, or (B) you moved your legacy to that server during a transfer which cost cartel coins. Its not free. So the idea of people gaming the system by transferring goes out the window because currently you CAN transfer the armor to said server and use it NOW. Its not like I am asking for armor without completing the event. I completed the event.

#2. The armor really honestly should be made to allow every toon in your legacy a copy is you choose. Just the fact that you have to put in and remove mods if your characters levels are completely different ( which in my case ALL THE TIME ) they should allow it to be made available to every toon. Which I honestly and truly believe they will very shortly. It just makes nothing but sense. Especially when you are playing a game which allows 50 that is FIFTY characters on one server. 1 suit is honestly sufficient? I mean are you kidding me?

I am starting to sense the opposition to this is coming from a small group of people who ran this event several times. Its the old "I'm going to take my ball and go home" syndrome. If they did it, they demand that you do it too. Well its not my fault you ran the same content over and over again to farm crates. Don't take it out on me or demand I follow your lead if I want what you have. I earned the reward once by completing the event once. That should be sufficient. To be honest, its you people who farmed those crates over and over on every server available that "gamed the system". Which is fine by me, just don't take your time wasted out on me. When you were farming over and over and over, I has already finished the event and was participating in the PVP which I completely enjoy. Don't get mad at me for trying to enjoy this game. Get mad at yourself.

And let me add so I am perfectly clear about something. I do not and have never advocated for someone moving to another server and receiving anything other than legacy bound armor. So don't bring up LvsD packs. And don't try to kid me into thinking I am going to buy into a story about anyone grinding that armor. That armor was only a consequence of you farming those packs. And I think it is great that you have all those sets, but it doesn't change my opinion that they should be available to any toon that is on a legacy in which that achievement is completed.

Actually it was a mixture of both.

Who wouldn't want 5 sets of the legacy armour, that you can store in your legacy storage, and swap out every 8 levels for a set with up-to-date mods in for your next 10 levels? It's clear you do, you just don't want to put the effort into earning them.

The DvL packs were a side effect of this, and doing server transfers to get the sets all in one place prior to the 90CC transfers does suck a bit, I'm not complaining about those 1000CC transfers though, am I?

Edited by Transcendent

2 things.

#1. They should at bare minimum allow access to the armor to ANYONE that has it unlocked in their achievements whether they did it on 1 server or several servers or whatever the case may be. If you can transfer the armor (for a hefty sum of 1000CC) than there is no reason why you should not be allowed copies of that armor once unlocked period. The reason why I am emphasizing on the "legacy achievement being completed" is because the only way you could have that on a different server is (A) you completed it on that server, or (B) you moved your legacy to that server during a transfer which cost cartel coins. Its not free. So the idea of people gaming the system by transferring goes out the window because currently you CAN transfer the armor to said server and use it NOW. Its not like I am asking for armor without completing the event. I completed the event.

There is a HUGE difference between transferring a SINGLE set of armor that you actually earned to a different server and simply being handed additional copies of that armor set that you did NOT earn simply because you want to play on a different server or make additional characters and don't want to be bothered moving mods.

For those that simply cannot seem to grasp the difference, a single earned set can be transferred to a different server, but then it no longer exists on the origin server.

Your UNREASONABLE, ENTITLED demand is to have access to infinite copies of that set of armor, even though you only earned ONE set.

I oppose that simply because of your entitled attitude.

#2. The armor really honestly should be made to allow every toon in your legacy a copy is you choose. Just the fact that you have to put in and remove mods if your characters levels are completely different ( which in my case ALL THE TIME ) they should allow it to be made available to every toon. Which I honestly and truly believe they will very shortly. It just makes nothing but sense. Especially when you are playing a game which allows 50 that is FIFTY characters on one server. 1 suit is honestly sufficient? I mean are you kidding me?

ONE SUIT is ALL you earned. I realize that may be difficult concept for some to comprehend, but ONE set is NOT infinite copies.

It is LEGACY ARMOR and is NOT compatible with the collections system. It also is tied to the achievement system, so it's not like the imperial and republic legacy armor sets that were subscriber rewards.

I am starting to sense the opposition to this is coming from a small group of people who ran this event several times. Its the old "I'm going to take my ball and go home" syndrome. If they did it, they demand that you do it too. Well its not my fault you ran the same content over and over again to farm crates. Don't take it out on me or demand I follow your lead if I want what you have. I earned the reward once by completing the event once. That should be sufficient. To be honest, its you people who farmed those crates over and over on every server available that "gamed the system". Which is fine by me, just don't take your time wasted out on me. When you were farming over and over and over, I has already finished the event and was participating in the PVP which I completely enjoy. Don't get mad at me for trying to enjoy this game. Get mad at yourself.

I'm starting to see lazy, entitled persons who want to simply be handed something which they did NOT earn, namely additional sets of armor, for no reason other than they want them and refuse to put forth the effort to actually earn those additional sets of armor.

As for the reasons that some oppose your entitled, unreasonable demand, the only thing that matters is that some oppose it.

I can only speak for myself, but I oppose it due to your entitled, unreasonable attitude and the fact that you did NOT earn more than ONE set. I did not run that content multiple times, so your apparent attempt to make yourself feel better with your unreasonable, entitled demand by deluding yourself into thinking that only those that had actually earned those mutliple sets would oppose you are null and void.

1) Why would I demand anything when I'm not demanding in the first place?

2) You're pretty much just making my point for me. You aren't owed retroactive compensation because things change, unless it's a legally binding scenario, nor are you owed things staying the way they are, unless it's legally binding. People confuse what is implied and what is stated all the time.

3) Setting aside the words you're putting in my mouth, I'll humor your comparison. Why would I not support unlocking one set of CM armor and then instantly getting account unlock status? Well there are several factors involved. The most glaring being that DvL armor currently has no account unlock option, even for money, so it's not even comparable out of the gate. The other is, DvL armor is a special, event-based armor that (so far) can only be obtained during the DvL period by completing event objectives. Both are factors that make it a vastly different situation from a typical CM armor set. For example, BW is not losing money if they make the XP armor account mailed, since it's not a set you buy for money in the first place.

Did the OP earn ONE set of armor or multiple sets?

That is the ONLY question which is relevant.

There is a HUGE difference between transferring a SINGLE set of armor that you actually earned to a different server and simply being handed additional copies of that armor set that you did NOT earn simply because you want to play on a different server or make additional characters and don't want to be bothered moving mods.

For those that simply cannot seem to grasp the difference, a single earned set can be transferred to a different server, but then it no longer exists on the origin server.

Your UNREASONABLE, ENTITLED demand is to have access to infinite copies of that set of armor, even though you only earned ONE set.

I oppose that simply because of your entitled attitude.

ONE SUIT is ALL you earned. I realize that may be difficult concept for some to comprehend, but ONE set is NOT infinite copies.

It is LEGACY ARMOR and is NOT compatible with the collections system. It also is tied to the achievement system, so it's not like the imperial and republic legacy armor sets that were subscriber rewards.

I'm starting to see lazy, entitled persons who want to simply be handed something which they did NOT earn, namely additional sets of armor, for no reason other than they want them and refuse to put forth the effort to actually earn those additional sets of armor.

As for the reasons that some oppose your entitled, unreasonable demand, the only thing that matters is that some oppose it.

I can only speak for myself, but I oppose it due to your entitled, unreasonable attitude and the fact that you did NOT earn more than ONE set. I did not run that content multiple times, so your apparent attempt to make yourself feel better with your unreasonable, entitled demand by deluding yourself into thinking that only those that had actually earned those mutliple sets would oppose you are null and void.

We rarely agree with each other, but I'd just like to say, I can see things from your point of view for a change. So at least some good has come from this thread.

In one corner we have someone interested only in riling everyone up, in the other there is someone who finds the idea offensive that people would get things without first jumping through hoops, cutting off an arm and sacrificing their firstborn. I guess this thread sums up nicely what's become of the swtor forums.