How many credits is considered alot today?

drakendragonsith

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 17M credits and some people ask me how do I make so much. I thought 17M was not that much.

That really depends on who you talk to. If you talk to the average player you probably have a lot. If you talk to people like myself it's not that much and if you talk to some other people it's laughable.

I prefer to look at what I can buy with that money and that tells me whether it's a lot or not. If you want a cool armour set 17 million may just be enough but then specific ones are much more expensive. Then it's not a lot.

If you don't need expensive cosmetic stuff then it's a lot of credits.

When I tell my guildmates and friends that I have over 500 million credits to my legacy they are legitimately shocked. When I go on to explain that I have probably spent another 600 million over the course of my five years playing the game - which means I have made well over a billion credits - they are dumbstruck.

side note:

I've done this mostly with crafting for profit; credits made while "playing the game" have not been important for a LONG time (when I ran Black Hole dailies back in 1.x I did so for credits, after that not so much).

Most of my guildmates are also surprised when someone says they have 100 million.

My point being, like Tsillah points out, for the "average player" what you have socked away is significant.

Edited by psandak

Like it was said, that vastly depends on what you want to use it for.

Having 20 mil is fine to get around in the game, buy medpacs, adrenals from GTN, rip out mods when managing your legacy gear, augments, mk slots etc. For such operations you need from 10-20 mil and need to keep it stable at that. If you want to buy CM packs, decos and cosmetics, 17 mil isnt a lot.

If you have over 1 billion in the game you can say you have a lot, as you can buy a lot of stuff without actually feeling a loss.

Ehh I finally hit the 100mil mark a few days ago. Think she's sitting at 128mil. That's just on one toon. I have a few others that have a 1mil or several hundred k on them.

In this day, 17mil isn't a lot for someone who's been playing a while & has several toons.

That really depends on who you talk to. If you talk to the average player you probably have a lot. If you talk to people like myself it's not that much and if you talk to some other people it's laughable.

I prefer to look at what I can buy with that money and that tells me whether it's a lot or not. If you want a cool armour set 17 million may just be enough but then specific ones are much more expensive. Then it's not a lot.

If you don't need expensive cosmetic stuff then it's a lot of credits.

Totally agree here. I start feeling broke when I'm at 100 mil., but I know people who can barely crack a million but don't feel that way.

Edited by Darkside

Ehh I finally hit the 100mil mark a few days ago. Think she's sitting at 128mil. That's just on one toon. I have a few others that have a 1mil or several hundred k on them.

In this day, 17mil isn't a lot for someone who's been playing a while & has several toons.

Just wait until you get my invoice for the HM FP the other night ;)

As others have pointed out, it very much depends on how long you have played, and how much you actually need to play the game in the comfort zone you personally need. For some, 10M is fine and frankly you can play this game easily on a 10M wealth level, as long as you maintain it by spending less then you earn. For others, 1B is not enough for their needs. So there is no simple answer.

Just like in real life... if you create a wealth generation plan that exceeds your spending plans, you will always have the wealth you need to do what you want to do.

Just like in real life, what is sufficient wealth for one person may not be for another. It very much depends on what your spending curve is, or is planned to be. You only need sufficient wealth to never have to be in debt and still spend on the things you want.

The first thing I do when I start playing a new MMO is to scope out and create an estimated spending plan over time and then explore and map out a wealth generation plan. This will be different for different people, so there is not right or wrong answer as long as it is tuned to your needs.

Spend inside of your income curve and you will always have funds for what you want. Note: most wealthy players in this MMO, and probably most MMOs, know what they want and know what they are willing to pay for what they want. What people charge is a completely separate matter entirely.

That said.. we are being trolled here IMO.

Edited by Andryah

Depends on what you spend your credits on really. If you want to touch CM items it's a pittance.

I hoarded tons of CM items over my time playing ( that I bought with credits originally generated from crafting/crew skills and then buying/selling CM items/packs ) and managed to make over 1.1 billion in 6 weeks as preferred just selling items I had put away and I still have 1000's of items left ( and used said billion to restock what I'd sold because *** else am I going to spend it on ... rng packs is about the only use for credits I have that is semi fun :p ).

Economy wise ... 1 billion is the old 100 million imo.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

This is my bottom limit. Every so often, I go on a decorations buying spree or see what holes I can plug on my collections.

Yeah same here. I spent about 180m on decos I still needed about 2 weeks ago. I think people really underestimate how much that stuff cost, and how quickly it can add up. This inflation creep is why 100m seems poor these days.

Edited by Darkside

... This inflation creep is why 100m seems poor these days.

There has been no inflation creep.. creep denoted slowness...maybe inflation exploded faster then the Millennium Falcon can make the Kessel Run.. (yes i know it is measured in distance, you could also say faster then someone will correct you about it being distance not time =) would be a better description...

Edited by Cheops

• 1 year later...
My max was 50 million, and that was thanks to a deal I made with someone regarding a few items. Technically, all I made by myself was less than 10 million, perhaps. I don't really get why it was so hard for me to get by. I constantly do Flashpoints and Quests, and I have a big roster of character to go around. I do Heroics time to time, but I find them tiresome and would rather be doing Story Missions, a Flashpoint or even a few PvP matches. I know that once these 50 million run out I won't be able to keep up.