• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cur

n

1. any vicious dog, esp a mongrel

2. a despicable or cowardly person

Not sure what you're trying to say. You want to sit in a vicious dog, or a cowardly person for three hours so you can get to play the game seven days from now?

Your inability to spot a typo displays a major lack of basic brain function that you should have checked, here are a few tests for you:

Woof! Went the D#G.

Meow! Went the #AT.

When burning crusade got out, the server I was on kept crashing every hour or there were massive lag spikes.

You think hey, that's not too bad, but then it'd go blam in your face then the database would roll back 30 minutes, effectively ruining your last half hour of questing. heheh, good times.

It depends on what is important to you as an individual.

Personally server crashes and queues do not bother me at all. I would personally not use those things to judge a launch successful or not. For me the launch is very poor because of the lack of communication over the last 3 years and the way they have alienated so much of the community through issues like the redzone, origin and grace period.

Ok. The EGA wasn't supposed to start until the 15th, it is 13th today. Yes, they didn't communicate much, but they did communicate the most important thing - that they are starting this machine slowly and carefully, especially today. Who knows what they will say tomorrow. I don't think the communication is bad. Sure, they could repeat what they already said and maybe add a few "maybes", but who likes "maybes" in a dev post?

Suppose they say "tomorrow we will open access to august people and maybe some september dudes", september won't get in... imagine all the rage and QQ then?

They don't specify anything because they don't know for sure yet. At least that's what I think, and I believe that to be reasonable. As things settle they should pick up the pace. A little patience goes a long way.

You're allowed to download the game client starting the day before launch. It takes you the better part of a day because everyone and their grandmother and their dog are all trying to get the game installed before launch.

Mohammed Ali was a good boxer. Some people think he was the best, but I don't think he was very good at all. There are so many types of Dinosaurs that could beat him in a boxing ring on a regular basis, so how could he be considered one of the best?

Exaggerated fictional scenarios vs real life! Always a good way to come up with a logical conclusion!

Lol You could have downloaded a while ago, I saw no ques at all at my buddies place, and guess what this isnt a launch lol. The game launch is set at 12/20 US 12/22 EU, this is an early access they are allowing people into, not because your owed but because they allow you. And if you have ever launched ANY other mmo you would expect issues. Fail post FTL, way to go.

actually YOU FAIL at reading comprehension

he was NOT describing SWTOR, he was describing a bad launch (the way many OTHER MMO have done) and was making the point that SWTOR is NOT this bad....

fail troll is fail

The OP is presenting a fake strawman argument... saying its either SWTOR method of launch OR it is a crappy unplanned, underresourced launch.

Additionally, trying to justify a bad launch by referring to an even worse launch does not make the bad launch 'good'.

A much better launch is one which is properly resourced, and provides certainty and guarantee to its customers. SWTOR is instanced, so JUST ADD SOME MORE DAMN SERVERS TO THE FARM, hire them for the initial launch, and return them a few months after once things settle down.

This way... You have a smooth launch, minimum queues, everyone is in, AND noone has to be frustrated at their experience of a launch, thus removing any demotivation to go back to MMO hopping. This means that the only ones who cancel their subscription after trying it are the ones who genuinely dont like the game.

This means that for an extra investment at launch, you retain more subscriptions + profit in the long term.

All of this is what happens when you let the marketing department override the common sense provided by Project Managers.

WoW, you make it sound like it is sooo easy and simple, man i wish i had your brains. Hey how come you are not working for a big time gaming company giving them super awesome advice on MMO launches, i think you are wasting your talent.

totaly true.. and im very sorry about preordering this game because some of my friends start playing tonight and some of them gonna start tomorrow. we cant even lvl together or do quests togather. we just gonna meet at lvl 50. what a mmo

hope gw2 comes out fast

Some friends. Not willing to wait till everyone was ready and start together. Yet it's BW's fault this isn't going to happen for you now.

I purchased the CE and it wasn't cheap. One reason was to get early access. So much for that idea. I wasted a lot of money to get disappointed. EA better pay attention or this will flop like the CU did for SWG.

Really, did you not bother to read the Bioware posts that WHEN you redeemed you code was more important that WHAT you purchased?

I don't feel like reading that wall of text. It's their first mmorpg, I'm not going to hate on them if they have a few technical difficulties in "early access" before the official launch of the game. Edited by Raijak

Please, cancel your preorders if you are going to be entitled little whiners.

This whole thing is a BONUS that Bioware/EA have been gracious enough to give to us. They didn't have to give us ANY early access.

Stop acting entitled, you are not the 99%

Aww, look at how well the marketing lingo has worked on him!

This isn't early access. This is launch, by BioWare's own admission. Retail stores get the boxes on the 20th, but the game is out. You can download the client, but you can't play because BioWare is exercising a staggered launch under the guise of "early access". Anyone can qualify for this early access. Go to GameStop or online to Origin and get a pre-release code. BAM! You're part of the club.

Welcome to the queue. You are ??? in line and you have approximately ??? hours until you can play the product you paid for.

Yes, I'm entitled to things I pay for. Social security, medicare, and this game. Origin has taken out $80 from my account. I demand access to the servers.

Rift was nothing like this. I sat in a queue for an hour and a half but I was not made to wait two to four days longer than other person who paid the fee to get in early.

You didn't "pay the fee to get in early". You paid the fee to be guaranteed access to the game on LAUNCH DAY. This entitlement culture is a very large part of what's wrong with society in general. No one believes in paying dues anymore. Reminds me of a woman I saw complaining her welfare was being taken away by screaming repeatedly "THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT THAT'S MY INCOME I EARNED IT!" She didn't "earn" anything, just like you didn't "pay a fee" to play early.

agreed, bw did a good job today (iam not able to play yet)

No they have created a horrible situation that is going to given them (BioWare) a black eye. The warzones being underpopulated is causing "exploit" hysteria from players that don't know what a true exploit is. The xp gains causing some players to accelerate their levels to possibly 50 by tomorrow is causing players to question BioWare.

BioWare has failed and they don't have the nerves to tell us the truth that they FAILED their own launch.

Aww, look at how well the marketing lingo has worked on him!

This isn't early access. This is launch, by BioWare's own admission. Retail stores get the boxes on the 20th, but the game is out. You can download the client, but you can't play because BioWare is exercising a staggered launch under the guise of "early access". Anyone can qualify for this early access. Go to GameStop or online to Origin and get a pre-release code. BAM! You're part of the club.

Welcome to the queue. You are ??? in line and you have approximately ??? hours until you can play the product you paid for.

Yes, I'm entitled to things I pay for. Social security, medicare, and this game. Origin has taken out $80 from my account. I demand access to the servers.

Actually they took $80 from your account then credited back $75 of it. How do you manage to take care of yourself when you clearly can't read a bank statement?

Ok. The EGA wasn't supposed to start until the 15th, it is 13th today. Yes, they didn't communicate much, but they did communicate the most important thing - that they are starting this machine slowly and carefully, especially today. Who knows what they will say tomorrow. I don't think the communication is bad. Sure, they could repeat what they already said and maybe add a few "maybes", but who likes "maybes" in a dev post?

Suppose they say "tomorrow we will open access to august people and maybe some september dudes", september won't get in... imagine all the rage and QQ then?

They don't specify anything because they don't know for sure yet. At least that's what I think, and I believe that to be reasonable. As things settle they should pick up the pace. A little patience goes a long way.

My bad, I was not referring to communication of the EGA. IMO the EGA is fine, no concerns from me. Communication has been horrible on almost every announcement since the pre-launch forums opened. When they announced pre-order it raised more questions than it answered because of the redzone/greenzone nonsense for example.

Yes, don't buy any established MMOs, people there have years of advantage!

it is not the same thing. If you buy an established MMO you know what you are getting into. And obviously you are right, latecomers to an established MMO are at an even more severe disadvantage. Your point being?

Edited by mufutiz

Your inability to spot a typo displays a major lack of basic brain function that you should have checked, here are a few tests for you:

Woof! Went the D#G.

Meow! Went the #AT.

Your inability to spot a sense of humor speaks volumes. You're probably destined to be very frustrated on the forums.

WoW, you make it sound like it is sooo easy and simple, man i wish i had your brains. Hey how come you are not working for a big time gaming company giving them super awesome advice on MMO launches, i think you are wasting your talent.

Isn't it interesting that when people have no way to attack the argument itself, they try and attack the person. Just to let you know, I am a Project Manager, and I do understand what I'm talking about, and the underlying reasons why they have done this... and it results in piss poor implementation.

Can you actually articulate a good reason to defend them shodai? Or are you just trolling / fanboi who is blind?

Edited by Traiel

No they have created a horrible situation that is going to given them (BioWare) a black eye. The warzones being underpopulated is causing "exploit" hysteria from players that don't know what a true exploit is. The xp gains causing some players to accelerate their levels to possibly 50 by tomorrow is causing players to question BioWare.

BioWare has failed and they don't have the nerves to tell us the truth that they FAILED their own launch.

By what ****in standard do you judge their failure you clown? By standards set from the previous mmo games this has been fairly successful.

You're allowed to download the game client starting the day before launch. It takes you the better part of a day because everyone and their grandmother and their dog are all trying to get the game installed before launch.

You finally get the game installed and fired up. You log in. You're #785 in a queue. It takes 3 hours to get into the game.

You get into the game, but the server lag is freaking terrible. Like you can't even move. You get disconnected.

You have to log in again, but LUCKILY you don't have to wait in queue again. You get into the game, but then the server crashes.

2 hours later you get an update on the game launcher from an hour ago saying that they'll have an update in 30 minutes. Ho hum. Servers down. For forever. Wasted Pizza Hutt and Full Throttles. Never really know *** happened.

When the servers do finally come back up (the next morning), you get in and everything seems good. Except there are 20 people sitting on a quest giver, making him unclickable. And then you have to go fight over mob spawns against 20 other people. Then you get to the part of the quest where you kill "the big guy" and you're stuck waiting to get your quest kill of ONE MOB, while you're getting ganked, and that stupid warrior's charge tagged the mob before you could get off a moonfire.

You finally get your quest kill and you have to go digging through a stack of players AGAIN to turn in your quest.

And then you get a game announcement saying that they're doing a server rollback.

So an hour later after they finally get the servers back up when it should have taken 15 minutes, you have to deal with 20 people camping the same mob YOU ALREADY KILLED while you're getting ganked and that stupid warrior's charge tagged the mob before you could get off a moonfire, and then you have to go digging through a stack of players again AGAIN to turn in your quest AGAIN.

So...

Am I a little frustrated that other people are playing the game that I'm DYING to play? Yes.

Am I frustrated that BW apparently decided to call it a day early and stop sending out waves for 16 and a half hours? Yes.

Could they have done this some other, better, way? Probably.

But "the worst launch ever"? I'm sorry, but no. BW made it known from DAY ONE that not everyone was getting into the game on day one of early access. And if it means that I don't have to sit for four hours in a queue so the servers can crash before I have to fight 50 people for the same respawns so they can rollback the servers and I have to do it all over again, then... Okay.

i'd like to hug you for this post

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.