Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

KOTET Livestream - 11/3

EricMusco

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're obviously the only one that thinks it's funny. - Pretty much everyone else that posts here seem to have legitimate concerns that they want addressing.

If you ever find yourself thinking along the lines of "this is no laughing matter" about anything to do with SWTOR, you might want to consider taking a step back to take stock of just how willing you are to treat a video game as 'serious business' in your life.

Edited by DarthDymond

"New program to highlight SWTOR content creators: streamers, bloggers, podcasts, youtubers and more."

Anything about modders ? Like retextures modders or 3D models or contest for players that want to contribute to the game ? I mean not just "creators" of social media on the internet.

I just abandoned the stream in disgust after watching 3 minutes of it...

What were you thinking Bioware?

Who was this person who has no idea of how to play a Sniper and knows next to nothing about the game?

What made you think this was a good idea?

Seriously, if this was the content I wanted in a live stream about KOTET I would have had my 12 year nephew play one of my level 65 characters and spout nonsense about how he thinks the game works while I watched him.

I just abandoned the stream in disgust after watching 3 minutes of it...

What were you thinking Bioware?

Who was this person who has no idea of how to play a Sniper and knows next to nothing about the game?

What made you think this was a good idea?

Sounds like you missed the stream, you can rewatch it here: https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/98820199?t=1m22s

After the stream was over, they started hosting a streamer, that's who you saw.

Edited by Jerba

Regardless of the comment Deacon nailed you with, which he is 100% right, this is a minor combat change and a drop in the ocean compared to what people are complaining about. People are complaining about major things like a lack of content, bug fixes, and other things, these are far larger concerns with imo, legitimate stakes.

Not to mention... isn't that data mined content you mentioned... I could always report you now ... imagine the world of another white knight down :rak_01:.

What data mined content. Didn't say anything. You are seeing things as I didn't say anything that hasn't been posted on these forums already.

I usually enjoy the livestreams but I gotta say, as far as these things can reasonably go given the medium and time, that was incredibly uninformative. You can repeat chapters at different difficulties and gain LS/DS, and Tier 5/6 companion gifts are in the RNG blackhole.

Great.

Now how about some actual information?

If you ever find yourself thinking along the lines of "this is no laughing matter" about anything to do with SWTOR, you might want to consider taking a step back to take stock of just how willing you are to treat a video game as 'serious business' in your life.

Wiser words wre never spoken in these hallowed forum walls

Cherry picking posts now are we? Due tell where Bioware has revealed combat updates, as it certainty wasn't last stream.

It was posted a little while back by some one else on here. This is the only site I am on. Heck I don't even go to duffy's site.

It was posted a little while back by some one else on here. This is the only site I am on. Heck I don't even go to duffy's site.

It's been discussed for several weeks on here, but that doesn't mean Bioware officially revealed the info. It's still only come from... we all know where. Discussing illicit info, whether it's second- or third-hand, is still discussing illicit info. So be careful everyone and call it "rumors" until the official statement.

It was talked about on these forums. the SWTOR forums. Not else where. So what I said was talked about on these forums. So get off your high horse

But it's still data mined info, regardless of who said it and what, it has yet to be officially revealed. Anyway it was just a jest, but I will argue on the high horse all day.

Thats probably the root of it. Their metrics showed them that most Sins don't use it, because most players are baddies that don't have a clue how to utilize it properly. Thus they thought Sins don't need it.

But the sole fact they gave it to Sorcs in 4.0 shows how utterly idealess this Dev Team is, sadly.

PS: If you're actually Reading this, Eric, I don't care that I'm violating Forum rules by discussing information we should have been given weeks or even months ago.

Most of the changes look pretty solid.

But you have to realise how stupid it is to take that away from Sins.

Wait. Wait. Are you saying my Sins (and Shadows) are losing Phase Walk?! My only version of a lunge. That I use often! That I use more than Stealth!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.