Level 50's are Killing pvp

MandoArc

If you look at it. anyone under level 50 gets a huge buff... Yes the 50s have the skills and pvp gear and yes there should be a 50 only bracket... but not yet.

The game has to filter out those that are going to stay playing after the 30 free days.

So yes to a 50 only bracket but maybe in 30-60 days. But then they will have to have cross server queueing and hope for that loss of immersion to be a non factor as it is just PvP and rivalries will have to be forgotten.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Queues won't be the only problem.

First, you tier the 50s off. Great, now there's a 10-49 and a 50 queue.

Now, the level 10s complain about the level 49s with "Best In Slot" gear. So, they tier off 2 more queues: 10-29 and 30-49.

Oh, now there are level 29 "Best In Slot" players and the "fix" never solved the level 49 twink problem.

So, after a while you have several brackets. You're level 21. You want to PVP. But there's no games going on, because the queues have become that much smaller. Awesome.

Thanks, whiners!

Edited by ZombieMeerkat

I guess Guys that QQ so much needs to L2P... really... You guys suck so much because you cant use macro's or addons that you bash the pvp system in this game. you whine about brackets, classes being OP etc but the real problem is that you have no idea how your class works. you dont know how to play.

Don't know if my voice will be heard of even matter to those who read, but I would like to speak anyways.

I'm slowly leveling by my own choice (crafting freak) and PvP'ing fairly regularly everyday. I'm now a level 26 Sith Sorc at rank 26, but for almost 4 days I moved from level 19 to 21. And I still PvP'd. I'm a healer, so perhaps I don't feel the weakness blow the lower level damage specs do, but I do my best to heal my team. The buff for us lower levels really bring us up to a fairly toe-to-toe point (from a healing stand point, IMO). I can crit with my big heal for over 4k (highest was 5.8k).

Sure I may have less actual "skill books" than a 38 (because I think that's when all classes more or less have most of their skills) BUT...

It comes down to:

- Can I do my role effectively?

- Can I be smart about my environmental awareness?

- Am I willing to contribute my best towards the game?

Players get the jump on me at times, and I get taken down quickly. That's on me. I'm not going to blame gear, I could but then I'd be blaming myself for not bullrushing to 50 to gear up. Also, I have full level 20 "PvP" gear (I put quotes since it doesn't have expertise on it); And I would think, any avid PvP'er (new or veteran), would seek out such gear and go to get it.

I blame the lack of horrible coordination of my team, WHICH is something Bioware can't fix with ANY bracket. That's why I queue up with my friends (who are all under 35 and know the WF's), we go in, and we put up one tough fight for 50s.

I love to go up against 50s, win or lose, because I enjoy the experience and learn something new about my play style, their play style, and the general mechanics of the game (both the game and the WarFront/WarGround/BattleGround). I'm still learning the in's and out's of the game, so I don't declare to be a PvP deity, but I do declare I love to PvP.

I agree with a previous poster about how this could just be a reasonable filter for those "30-day trial" folk.

I am finished, how much of this was relevant... I don't know.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and have fun PvP'ing ^.^

Edited by Vladieus

Don't know if my voice will be heard of even matter to those who read, but I would like to speak anyways.

I'm slowly leveling by my own choice (crafting freak) and PvP'ing fairly regularly everyday. I'm now a level 26 Sith Sorc at rank 26, but for almost 4 days I moved from level 19 to 21. And I still PvP'd. I'm a healer, so perhaps I don't feel the weakness blow the lower level damage specs do, but I do my best to heal my team. The buff for us lower levels really bring us up to a fairly toe-to-toe point (from a healing stand point, IMO). I can crit with my big heal for over 4k (highest was 5.8k).

Sure I may have less actual "skill books" than a 38 (because I think that's when all classes more or less have most of their skills) BUT...

It comes down to:

- Can I do my role effectively?

- Can I be smart about my environmental awareness?

- Am I willing to contribute my best towards the game?

Players get the jump on me at times, and I get taken down quickly. That's on me. I'm not going to blame gear, I could but then I'd be blaming myself for not bullrushing to 50 to gear up. Also, I have full level 20 "PvP" gear (I put quotes since it doesn't have expertise on it); And I would think, any avid PvP'er (new or veteran), would seek out such gear and go to get it.

I blame the lack of horrible coordination of my team, WHICH is something Bioware can't fix with ANY bracket. That's why I queue up with my friends (who are all under 35 and know the WF's), we go in, and we put up one tough fight for 50s.

I love to go up against 50s, win or lose, because I enjoy the experience and learn something new about my play style, their play style, and the general mechanics of the game (both the game and the WarFront/WarGround/BattleGround). I'm still learning the in's and out's of the game, so I don't declare to be a PvP deity, but I do declare I love to PvP.

I agree with a previous poster about how this could just be a reasonable filter for those "30-day trial" folk.

I am finished, how much of this was relevant... I don't know.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and have fun PvP'ing ^.^

I love your post and I agree 100%. I just hope Bioware is hearing both sides of this debate and not just the "QQ, I WANT EASY MODE".

Have to say I don't minde a challenge but the snotty nature of people in PvP is getting on my nerves now... yesterday I joined a WZ only to get a comment about "Great, more lower levels" and that level 45 whined ALL the way through and appeared to be doing nothing but complaining while the rest of us struggled on...

I like to ask them how they enjoyed PVP at 12. Then I like to point out my dmg,healing and overall goal score was better then theirs. It is nice being on the same server as elitist.

Its not gear, its mostly talents/skills that lower levels don't have access too that change the battle.

An Easy fix would be to give skills at lower levels, and start giving talents at 1 (you can't spend them until you choose an advanced class.) and have level 41 get all talents.

Edited by Daecollo

One alternative to brackets is to have a system where total team levels are calculated.

"TYPICALLY" its:

=300

vs

=235

Thats 65 levels of difference in a match. Mostly what I see though are group queues of 50s rolling mid levels. I'm only 35 at the moment but I certainly make a dent when I can in matches. No problem there really...but it does get frustrating as the bolster system doesnt take into account the end game gear or the plethora of abilitites those "levels" grant them against you.

An alternative to "brackets" would be to incorporate a level averaging system. Doesnt matter if the average is 200 or 300 witha +/- to the average. Just so that the "total levels" are "about" equal.

=265

vs

= 260

That would be a decent match, and no brackets would be needed. So, if you want to queue your 5 level 50's along with some pugs....it should be set so that the queue will pop for people that will ADD UP to meet your average. Whether that is another group of 50's with mid-levels, or a bunch of 40's across the board etc.

If its a bunch of 20's and 30's....it should reflect "total levels" on the other side. SO YEAH, that could mean a 49 and 50...but a bunch of 20s and teens on their side too. BUT, the level abilities would average out.

Just a thought.

Edited by Nomicon

On the Empire side, the 50's make a premade and since there's so many Empire in the queue, all we get is Huttball. These guys will score 5 points quick and then spend the rest of the 15 minutes farming kills and medals. 50's are ruining the pvp experience. I used to enjoy the SWTOR Warzones and pvp but now I hate it.

I guess Guys that QQ so much needs to L2P... really... You guys suck so much because you cant use macro's or addons that you bash the pvp system in this game. you whine about brackets, classes being OP etc but the real problem is that you have no idea how your class works. you dont know how to play.

I'll give you a fresh level 11 toon. I'll put you in a warzone with a level 50 powertech in full pvp gear.

You let me know how far the bolster buff gets you.

Implementing brackets is a great idea - problem is, though, at this point with a small number of players, it would take waaaaay too long to get into a game.

Either wait to PvP until you get lvl 50 yourself, or go in knowing your disadvantage and being okay with it.

You will find it EASIER at lower level to PvP than at 50 since your few abilities do more damage. On my level 15 BH I do far better than on my 50 warrior because I don't need to use so many abilities to do lots of damage. If after level 16ish you are still doing badly, then its you that's the problem.

In warzones it does more than just give everyone the HP of level 50. All ability damage is normalised as well

Edited by NasherUK

will find it EASIER at lower level to PvP than at 50 since your few abilities do more damage. On my level 15 BH I do far better than on my 50 warrior. If you suck now, that will only get worse as you level up.

The problem with that one scenario is, your BH will get better as you go, with a few wth spots along the way. Your warrior is stuck as is, with nothing but a smash build to use.

I know, I support brackets for just that reason. Bolster does nothing against classes with all their abilities PLUS their pvp gear which has Expertise(pvp stat)

So, why do we get gear and level up?

To get an advantage. Brackets take that away. After that, what's the point? It just becomes a pointless grind. No one wants to PVP, queues suffer, and it escalates from there.

Say no to brackets.

I know how it is, the forums are a mess of QQ all over.

o/

I dont really understand these topics anymore... None of them are started by people even close to the home stretch.

I will admit right after release these topics made sense to me. Now... I am wondering *** you are still doing below lvl 45 -.-

ROFL...some poeple have lives you know??

You know what it means to have a life?

its seems to be there is 2 sides to this. on 1 we got the 50's that see no problem in staying in with the other lvl's and the opposite is the other lvl's wanting them to have thier own tier.

what does the lvl 50's have to gain in wg's. more commendations to spend on armor upgrades and get a headstart on lvl 50 pvp. that is fair and just.

what does the other lvl's have to gain in wg's. xp and a good amount of it to help lvl and to break the pve spurts. the xp is so good in fact they had to patch it cause of people abuseing the system.

now that is the arguement, is it really fair to the other 49 lvl to have to suffer a huge hit in xp gain cause of premade 50's running around soaking up free wins. i know the arguement is that the 50's want pvp and should be able to get it, but the game only been out 8 days and common sense would dictate that 80% of the server will not rush and they will have to wait and play with thier small elite crew for a few weeks at least.

i speak from experence of many other mmo's and i love pvp and enjoy a challenge and a good fight even better. i'll lose a pvp match and be happy as long as it was a good fight, but i'm seeing and reading all the 50's joining in and its disheartening.

even when you think about it, on a pvp server it may make sense but i'm on a pve server and we got the same problem. pve is meant to be taken slower and more casual so why punish the pve/rp servers for enjoying the awsome pve experence BW made when we need to take a break from it?