Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3

EricMusco

Well currently 50wz comms buys a credit crate and the 2 I opened to test, gave me 1000cr, and 1500cr so a conversion of 20-30cr per comm is the current value. (small sample size)

Also you can buy a common data crystal for 40wz ,comm. No idea what you can buy with those only just returned to the game.

I've just dumped all my comms onto one toon awaiting more info

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very good question. I wondered about that as well.

And guys, couldn't you have warned people of this a bit sooner. Some people might not even see this update till it's too late and just one day seems a bit unforgiving.

if it is all going to credits... it doesn't really matter how much time they have us to transfer I suppose. Credit transfers will be even easier. I believe they are trying the bandaid approach... as in... how to take one off.

Eric specifically confirmed the crystal vendors will be the same except they take credits now. Although i don't really understand the question he responded to.

I suppose it means the vendors will sell the same everything. Except the 204/208 PvP gear will be obtainable for 65s with credits and have expertise replaced. me thinks

---snip

"Originally Posted by Zulufoxtrot

Are the crystal vendors, like those on the fleet that take commons for mods, going to remain and accept credits now?

Correct, they are going to remain in place and accept credits.

-eric"

I hope my mercenary commendations have been forgotten and cause a "does not compute" error that takes the server offline. That would be more of a reward than credits in a hyperinflated game economy. Convert the comms to command points would've been better, as well as pve crystals. A salute to your veterans of both game types and a meaningful reward for our patronage.

I guess the days of gearing our Alts in pvp are over- and I know I certainly won't be playing more than a character or two this expansion because of it.

Edited by EnzoForMe

if it is all going to credits... it doesn't really matter how much time they have us to transfer I suppose. Credit transfers will be even easier. I believe they are trying the bandaid approach... as in... how to take one off.

Or they're not exchanging 1:1 but tiered, i.e. 10 chars with 10k WZ comms each will get more credits in total than one char with 100k. Then it would make sense to remove the ability to transfer comms to other chars...

I hope my mercenary commendations have been forgotten and cause a "does not compute" error that takes the server offline. That would be more of a reward than credits in a hyperinflated game economy.

I guess the days of gearing our Alts in pvp are over- and I know I certainly won't be playing more than a character or two this expansion because of it. Whoever came up with these changes (wz comms, RNG gearing, etc) should feel bad because they are bad.

I agree 100% 1 toon max for me! I do not have endless time to sit in front of the computer playing a game that has nothing to offer anymore!

60 tokens were/are a waste!

Cheaper pvp gear waste!

90cc server transfer waste!

200k wz cap limit waste!

Congrats on the final nail in the coffin! You nailed it so well the carpenters union is proud of that amazing hammer swing!

We are still working out the conversion rates and I am hopeful that I will have that information for you later next week.

-eric

Not going to shoot the messenger :rak_03:

Is there any possibility we can get a conversion rate today, not next week? That's very short a notice to inform players of this change Eric (again, not shooting the messenger :rak_03:)

I'm totally fine with a conversion rate of 1000 Warzone Commendations to 1 Million Credits by the way, which is roughly on par with the time it takes to earn those 1000 Warzone Commendations as it takes to earn 1 Million Credits via running Heroics. Anything less than this, and the PvP players are being short changed.

Especially when you factor in they'll have to buy gear to make up for the stat differential between 208 PvP gear and 224 PvE gear when 5.0 lands.

Also, I'll assume that the Warzone Commendation Grants will be safe and sound in our Legacy Bays? :rak_03:

Eric,

How will the current expertise in game gear be converted in 5.0 ? For example, will there be a conversion ? If so, it would be good to know before tomorrow... It might be more interesting to buy some gear that can be useful for alts until they reach level 70 than get credits for commendations we still have.

Final note, aren't you worried that preferred status, not allowed to get gear using command ranks in 7.0, will feel that the game turned into a P2W model ?

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a change included with Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday. As we discussed last week, we are making changes to how gearing works in our upcoming expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. In support of our new Galactic Command system, we will be removing Warzone Commendations from the game on November 29th when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. As a result, any new Warzone Commendation Grants will become bound and will Bind on Pickup starting on Tuesday, with Game Update 4.7.3.

If you have a desire to move Warzone Commendations around or have a stockpile of Warzone Commendation Grants, please ensure they are on the character you want them to be on before Tuesday’s maintenance. Please note, Customer Service will not be able to assist with any Warzone Commendation grants after Tuesday.

It is our intent that Warzone Commendations will convert to credits (as will Crystals) with Eternal Throne’s launch. We are still working out the conversion rates and I am hopeful that I will have that information for you later next week. To reiterate, in preparation for Knights of the Eternal Throne all Warzone Commendation Grants will become bind on pickup as of Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

1000 wz comms = 1 million credits. That is roughly the gear cost. You'll not even get close to the value I'm putting on the gear. PVP 208 best in class gear. Armoring, Mod's, Enhancement. What is the value of each of those in comms? What is the cost of materials it will take a crafter to produce those in 5.0?

In theory that is what we had in comm's under the previous system. We had a bank that would have let us have the next tier gear fully available for PVP.

Acting like your going to give the metaphoric reach around after bending me over. Classy move.

Especially when you factor in they'll have to buy gear to make up for the stat differential between 208 PvP gear and 224 PvE gear when 5.0 lands.

Assumes facts not in evidence. They have to "touch" every piece of gear with Expertise on it today, in the back-end database. We only know that Expertise values on weapon crystals will be converting (1 to 1) to Mastery. We do not know what the Expertise on other gearing with Expertise will convert to. They did something similar for the 4.0 gear conversion.

I am less sanguine about them replacing 204 PvP gear with 216 PvE and 208 PvP with 224 PvE than I was last week, but that seems to be a "fair" way to do things such that current PvP-only players are on the same gear level as current PvE players. This would be entirely "back-end" database work; give the "-X mods" and named PvP gear the stats of an equivalent PvE mod and gear (and bump up the rating and clean up some other cosmetics to make it "look right")

I hope my mercenary commendations have been forgotten and cause a "does not compute" error that takes the server offline. That would be more of a reward than credits in a hyperinflated game economy.

I guess the days of gearing our Alts in pvp are over- and I know I certainly won't be playing more than a character or two this expansion because of it. Whoever came up with these changes (wz comms, RNG gearing, etc) should feel bad because they are bad.

BW revolutionary "Great Leap Forward!"

4 currencies are now just... 3 currencies! Dark/Light/CXP.... amazing

Oh wait... what about all those other currencies... CC, Ziost, EC, Rakghoul, Bounty, Gree... and on and on... if CXP is a currency of sorts... then reputations are.....

/dissident

Yes, I could probably live with the CXP system, if I only played one light and one dark toon. And in 5.0, I guess that's exactly what will happen.... why was I so foolish to make alts in the first place.... not like they ever mandated rewards based off of alts or anything.... :/

I'd say the jokes on us, but don't know anyone who finds this amusing yet... well, maybe those who have already unsubbed.

• Dev Post
I really hope this won't mean you are going to remove the PVP weapons vendors from the fleets in 5.0. Those vendors sell some weapons you cannot get elsewhere anymore in moddable form.

This is the plan currently... All of the purely cosmetic items you can buy for PvP Commendations will still be in the game but purchasable for the prior Ranked Season tokens. We chose to do this over credits so that these cosmetic items would remain for PvPers. The Warzone consumables will now be purchasable for credits. The PvP tier gear and their vendors will be removed from the game with 5.0.

Hope that answers your question!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

BW revolutionary "Great Leap Forward!"

4 currencies are now just... 3 currencies! Dark/Light/CXP.... amazing

Oh wait... what about all those other currencies... CC, Ziost, EC, Rakghoul, Bounty, Gree... and on and on... if CXP is a currency of sorts... then reputations are.....

/dissident

Yes, I could probably live with the CXP system, if I only played one light and one dark toon. And in 5.0, I guess that's exactly what will happen.... why was I so foolish to make alts in the first place.... not like they ever mandated rewards based off of alts or anything.... :/

I'd say the jokes on us, but don't know anyone who finds this amusing yet... well, maybe those who have already unsubbed.

I'm pretty sure it's not about the currencies, it's about the vendors and the wares they sell, and the various partially incompatible upgrade. I just reminded myself over the weekend what a terrible experience buying "end-game" gear is, when I went to buy a set of PvP 204s.

Assumes facts not in evidence. They have to "touch" every piece of gear with Expertise on it today, in the back-end database. We only know that Expertise values on weapon crystals will be converting (1 to 1) to Mastery. We do not know what the Expertise on other gearing with Expertise will convert to. They did something similar for the 4.0 gear conversion.

Did they? I don't recall that at all, all I saw was them removing lots of gear vendors....

I hardly see BioWare bothering to alter gear tables to make current PvP gear for 204 / 208 be on par with 216 / 220 or 224 gear. That involves more work and testing, it's easier for them to just make players buy new gear. The point still stands though about the time / credit ratios being about on par for earning 1000 Warzone Commendations compared to 1 Million Credits via Heroics (actually, you would probably earn more through Heroics).

Edited by Transcendent

This is the plan currently... All of the purely cosmetic items you can buy for PvP Commendations will still be in the game but purchasable for the prior Ranked Season tokens. We chose to do this over credits so that these cosmetic items would remain for PvPers. The Warzone consumables will now be purchasable for credits. The PvP tier gear and their vendors will be removed from the game with 5.0.

-eric

...are you for real? You want to remove the vendors that sell moddable sabers and blasters instead of converting them to be purchasable by credits? I am not about the regular PVP vendors that sell PVP gear. I am not talking about the ranked season vendors. I am talking about the weapons vendors standing next to the PVP terminals that sell moddable weapons without stats for 900 WZ commendations. Some of these weapon models are no longer available as moddable in this game, besides these vendors.

What the hell is wrong with you? What you're doing is awful. You are taking away all the original stuff from the game's launch era to, what, force people to go for Cartel Market items to have moddable weapons?

Edited by BenKatarn

-eric

So let me get this straight...I know it's Monday but stay with me here!! :)

For people that don't like to pve....that don't like to do ranked pvp....but enjoy purely warzone pvp.....those people won't be able to get the pvp decorations because they don't do that insanely crap group ranked pvp?

What genius came up with that brilliant idea? Normal warzones are still pvp.

Further more, 24 hours....is BW for real? And the late post regarding the wz passes from the cartel market. Does BW actually know the definition of the word 'communication'? I know it's 5 syllables but it's not that hard to understand.

Stop punishing your damn player base and start caring about them. Otherwise you're not going to have any left.

-eric

Please reconsider this. There are some weapon models at the moment that are only available in moddable form via the PVP vendors. Currently, having them tied to WZ comms gives a reasonable path to get those items for players that aren't "serious PVPers" via playing regular WZs, which also gives players exposure to the game's PVP and could get some players hooked on it. Locking them behind ranked tokens will gate them behind ranked PVP which will discourage most non "serious PVPers" from even trying for them since that would require qualifying for and getting involved with ranked PVP which isn't fair to the actual players that take ranked PVP seriously.

I don't know if there's necessarily a better solution for this if WZ commendations are 100% going away but this solution is a big step backwards in my opinion made even worse by the lack of outfit designer functionality with weapons. Please find a better way to do this. Whether it be making the vendors require a small valor ranking or something, making all of these items gated behind ranked PVP is a bad move.

-eric

You clearly have shown you have no clue in what you are doing! Congrats! How do you feel?

-eric

I hope this is just a confusion of language and you mean ranked cosmetic rewards, not all PvP cosmetic rewards. Cause some of them are currently purchasable with normal commendations you can get from doing warzones at level 10 and changing those to ranked token restricted makes no sense.

Did they? I don't recall that at all, all I saw was them removing lots of gear vendors....

I hardly see BioWare bothering to alter gear tables to make current PvP gear for 204 / 208 be on par with 216 / 220 or 224 gear. That involves more work and testing, it's easier for them to just make players buy new gear. The point still stands though about the time / credit ratios being about on par for earning 1000 Warzone Commendations compared to 1 Million Credits via Heroics (actually, you would probably earn more through Heroics).

[*]Expertise is being removed from the game.

[*]Any color crystals which have Expertise on them will be converted to a new type of color crystal – Mastery.

-eric

This is NOT evidence that they will convert any other piece of gear, just evidence that they will convert one piece of gear. I remain open-minded about any possibility.

OTOH, if they actually remove Expertise, they must touch the gear tables anyway, they can update the other numbers at the same time. Like they did when they rolled the mainstats into Mastery in the first place.

Edited by IanArgent

Whether it be making the vendors require a small valor ranking or something, making all of these items gated behind ranked PVP is a bad move.

Or making valor requirement on those weapons themselves. And decorations.

50 level for weapons, 25 for decorations. Solved.

Edited by unibim

...are you for real? You want to remove the vendors that sell moddable sabers and blasters instead of converting them to be purchasable by credits? I am not about the regular PVP vendors that sell PVP gear. I am not talking about the ranked season vendors. I am talking about the weapons vendors standing next to the PVP terminals that sell moddable weapons without stats for 900 WZ commendations. Some of these weapon models are no longer available as moddable in this game, besides these vendors.

What the hell is wrong with you? What you're doing is awful. You are taking away all the original stuff from the game's launch era to, what, force people to go for Cartel Market items to have moddable weapons?

/signed.

The gratuitous removal of equipment models from the game is faintly ridiculous.

I am talking about the weapons vendors standing next to the PVP terminals that sell moddable weapons without stats for 900 WZ commendations. Some of these weapon models are no longer available as moddable in this game, besides these vendors.

Yeah, these guys sell some pretty nice weapon shells.

Any word what's going to happen to them Eric, or should I rush them for the unique cosmetic weapons they sell tonight?

~ Eudoxia