Galactic Command is Getting a Rehaul

Lordmird

Because, as everyone knows, it's just so easy to make changes with a high-budget game 24 hours after initial announcement of details!

Look, I get why you're being cynical, but look at it like this: A game like SWTOR is like an ocean liner: It's big and it can be a great ride, buuuuut it takes a bit of time for it to turn.

I imagine they weren't expecting this sort of response. But there's a lot of stuff they need to discuss internally in order to figure out how to move forward, ESPECIALLY what they CAN do without delaying the expansion.

Just have a BIT of patience here. If they didn't care about our feedback, they wouldn't have shown stuff off early.

Because, as everyone knows, it's just so easy to make changes with a high-budget game 24 hours after initial announcement of details!

Look, I get why you're being cynical, but look at it like this: A game like SWTOR is like an ocean liner: It's big and it can be a great ride, buuuuut it takes a bit of time for it to turn.

I imagine they weren't expecting this sort of response. But there's a lot of stuff they need to discuss internally in order to figure out how to move forward, ESPECIALLY what they CAN do without delaying the expansion.

Just have a BIT of patience here. If they didn't care about our feedback, they wouldn't have shown stuff off early.

The Cunard ocean liner Queen Mary 2 has propulsion pod systems that allows it to literally turn on a dime in a matter of minutes. Disregarding your analogy though, lets face it, they're not going to change a thing.

The Cunard ocean liner Queen Mary 2 has propulsion pod systems that allows it to literally turn on a dime in a matter of minutes. Disregarding your analogy though, lets face it, they're not going to change a thing.

I think everyone still thinks Titanic when they think ocean liner.

Something something Titanic.

What budget? How much could it possibly cost per year to pay their whole staff in comparison to what the game makes?

Ahh...that's the problem. All the $ this game makes goes back to EA. EA then gives Bioware a yearly budget. If the $ coming in is less than last year, that budget is cut. EA isn't here to be our buddies...they want to make every cent off of us they can for as little as they can, and Bioware Austin is a throw away studio that won't be open once this game closes.

Not everyone, but many uninformed people :)

Titanic had many design flaws, including a rudder that was too small for the ship and a Captain that was going too fast for conditions. Instead of turning, he should have accepted the hit and rammed the iceburg head on, it was unavoidable at his speed.

The other flaw is that he ordered full reverse, which made the rudder even LESS effective, since it stops the center propeller and reverses the two outside ones, removing water flow over the rudder.

So many mistakes were made that night.

I was actually thinking of the Titanic when I wrote that :D.

Changes have to be made. The system, as it was described is flawed on fundamental levels. My point was mostly that there's a limit to how fast changes can be made. Maybe there's enough time to make the needed changes. But just don't expect the changes to come overnight.

this will go live. Afterwards, they will go on vacation for an extended period of time and tweak things when they get back. Tweak things

tweak things like add an cxp boost that you can purchase from the cartel market for a RL ten dollars:rak_03:

Just like with Dragon Age Inquisition multiplayer ... and the key-bug

tbh the whole RNG-system reminds me of DA:I MP

I don't know of any ocean liner with a turn speed of 5 years. :D

The TORtanic

This set of screw ups will go live and then the execs go on Xmas holiday,

the staff start looking for the next job,

then come April the Execs will look for new ways to milk more cash and hire some Korean studio to make it happen

:rolleyes: