PvP and PvE Gearing in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think CXP, except that they did mention gear that used to be sold for crystals will now be sold for credits. So, the conversion to credits is probably right. It also gives them a great chance to shortchange us.

I wonder if the idea behind buying things for credits instead of crystals/Comms is a way to add another credit sync to the game... all I can see it doing is encouraging more credit farmers/sellers

What exactly are you guys doing with the difficulty system of Ops? It sounds like you want to reduce them to two modes only.

So my question is, will the few Operations with 3 difficulty modes (Story Mode, Hard Mode, Nightmare) on it, still have them when 5.0 hits, or will you reduce them to two modes?

If i have understood correctly there are still 3 difficulty modes: Story, Veteran and Master.

My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Hgxtl5

Edited by Lazaros_Chatzi

My money is they will be converted to credits... which is not something I want to happen... I would rather they convert it to command XP... at least then all the Comms I have been saving for my alts won't go to complete waste.

That's the likely conversion, to credits. Wouldn't be my favorite option.

Eric, Bioware... what's wrong with full disclosure all at once instead of dribbling it out and continuing the rage

Not everything is decided yet, and some of it might still be changed in light of feedback

I wont be sad to see Expertise go, it was a mess with bolster. At least now people will be competitive from the start, an equal base to build from.

Comms etc always change from expansion to expansion in any game, while it might be a bit painful at first, we will all soon get over it.

I don't mind the idea of a ever revolving command XP grind, this works in other games well enough.

BUT..

PLEASE DON'T MAKE GEAR RNG DEPENDENT. No one, I repeat NO-ONE likes this. I want to play for 'X' amount of time, knowing that it will then allow me to buy 'Y'. I don't want to play for 'X' amount of time and get NO rewards for it. For instance, we have to grind to get 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 items. After 4 months play time I have 1,2,3,5,6,7. I then wait the next 6 months for 4. This is unacceptable and I guarantee will cause players to quit.

PLEASE DO NOT associate a willingness from the player-base to accept RNG in cosmetic boxes and think it is acceptable to do the same with in game gear. Remember the debacle that was battlemaster bags? I quit the game for a while after that...

I wont be sad to see Expertise go, it was a mess with bolster. At least now people will be competitive from the start, an equal base to build from.

Your statement is incorrect. There are currently players with 224 gear. If you have anything worse than that, you are already at a disadvantage in PvP come 12/2.

Your statement is incorrect. There are currently players with 224 gear. If you have anything worse than that, you are already at a disadvantage in PvP come 12/2.

Assuming they don't change the stats on PvP gear.

I wouldn't take that bet, on either side, though.

You are making assumptions. We do not know how 208 PvP gear or 224 gear will perform at level 70 none expertise.

We may even get gear during the levelling process that is better all previous levels. 230 Greens anyone?

What WZ Comms and data crystals covert to is left provocatively unspecified.

That's what I had understood yesterday, but 10 pages later someone inferred it would be the case... ok... I hope we'll have a grace period when we know what's what instead of "hey, your stuff is now worthless! suks to be you!"

thank you for the invite Eric a few suggestion maybe someday they can make it faster download then having to re download the game twice it took me 48 hours just to get it the first time downloaded the splash screen was broken and launcher and everything else broke but i am now able to get in pts now i did my own troubleshooting a suggestion it would be nice if it was just one component to download for pts server access. . i use very good internet in my area.

You are making assumptions. We do not know how 208 PvP gear or 224 gear will perform at level 70 none expertise.

We may even get gear during the levelling process that is better all previous levels. 230 Greens anyone?

Sure, but you'll probably only get the greens if you do the expansion story... which as a pvp only player I won't be doing

Easy fix, the removed expertise magically makes your 208 pvp gear into 224 pve gear.

I like the fact that I will not have to grind 2 sets of gear (PVE/PVP), but dont like the fact that its a crap shoot on weather I will get gear or something else. I would prefer to see a choice system involved in deciding the reward I get. Another issue I see is getting the same reward over and over. I know you can convert to more CXP, but who wants to keep doing that over and over to get similar results. Personally, I would prefer you keep the current comms system. Im not big on gambling. Edited by rnmedic

Easy fix, the removed expertise magically makes your 208 pvp gear into 224 pve gear.

Easier fix is to have a vendor where you can swap your 208 PvP gear shells straight out for 224 gear at the start of 5.0. As well as a secondary vendor where you can swap out 208 mods / enhancements for 224 mods / enhancements. At least then you would start on a level playing field, still wouldn't help while levelling through PvP only though, likely 230 green gear would end up being better and you would still be at a disadvantage.

They certainly need to put something in place to make the gear sync process go smoother.

Easier fix is to have a vendor where you can swap your 208 PvP gear shells straight out for 224 gear at the start of 5.0. As well as a secondary vendor where you can swap out 208 mods / enhancements for 224 mods / enhancements. At least then you would start on a level playing field, still wouldn't help while levelling through PvP only though, likely 230 green gear would end up being better and you would still be at a disadvantage.

They certainly need to put something in place to make the gear sync process go smoother.

Won't converting Expertise to Mastery do that?

@Musco;

You said that, on the subject of f2p gearing; "They can still get gear through Crafting, that is unchanged".

Now, things like dark matter crystals and exotic isotopes are really quite difficult, nigh impossible without an ops pass, to acquire as a free to play player, will this system change so that free to play players can actually craft gear instead of having to be a 'free playing ops and flashpoint pass paying player'?

I like the fact that I will not have to grind 2 sets of gear (PVE/PVP), but dont like the fact that its a crap shoot on weather I will get gear or something else. I would prefer to see a choice system involved in deciding the reward I get. Another issue I see is getting the same reward over and over. I know you can convert to more CXP, but who wants to keep doing that over and over to get similar results. Personally, I would prefer you keep the current comms system. Im not big on gambling.

Not true. You'll still need to have 2 sets if you want to be min/maxed with BIS for each.

Not true. You'll still need to have 2 sets if you want to be min/maxed with BIS for each.

It's my understanding that the reason for this is that PvP requires less accuracy, meaning you can free up your stat budget for use elsewhere; because PvE bosses have a passive that reduces Accuracy from people affecting them.

If that's the case, putting the same penalty in for all PvP across the board would even the playing field.

It's my understanding that the reason for this is that PvP requires less accuracy, meaning you can free up your stat budget for use elsewhere; because PvE bosses have a passive that reduces Accuracy from people affecting them.

If that's the case, putting the same penalty in for all PvP across the board would even the playing field.

Partly this, but the bigger problem would be for people playing tanks. Defense/Shield/Absorb has little relevance for tanks in pvp so they need 2 sets.

They're going to need to do something about the stat budget for PvP gear, I'd think. If they just remove expertise, won't it be inferior to other 208-rated gear?

It'll still have set bonus, but it will definitely be inferior to 216 gear with set bonus, and most definitely versus 224 geared players with set bonus.

• Yup. Having an item rating advantage would mean that you have higher stats. In Warzones especially there would be other factors at play such as any stat optimization and of course individual player skill.