Gearing Changes in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With warzone comms and data crystals getting phased out, I have two important questions:

1. How do we gear up our toons while leveling? I always buy green-quality mods with data crystals now.

2. What about the various things you can purchsae now with comms and crystals? Such as alliance crates, comp gifts, cosmetic gear, decos, etc. Will there still be a way to purchase these things?

Thanks.

Well it's not good for PvP as it should be not about who has better gear but about who knows his calss better. And now we returned to grind better gear for PvP and win matches. And does it mean that set bonuses are the same for PvP and PvE? A lot of questions...

As he said, raiding will get you the (one of the) quickest rate of CXP gain - so raiding will still get you gear. It's just not the only place to get it any more

Which removes an effective way for dedicated Raid squads to gear up fast so they can take their time on clearing the most difficult content in the game. I understand this is a good way for people to enjoy everything, but there is a playerbase (which has been around for years) who loves the Operations and logs in specifically for that. How do you think these people feel when it is more effective to play a x2 Master Uprising, so they can get the (random?) gear faster?

Like i said, i hope it won't turn out this way, but it does feel like another stab into the raiding community.

There is a cap. When you hit the cap you continue to earn CXP and fill your bar so that you "level." When this happens and you are at the cap you will get a Command Crate but not level up.

No effect below level 70.

-eric

what purpose do the actual levels serve then?

Edited by JackJack

So if I understand you correctly, Eric, the only way to get the best gear is via command crates?

And if I also understood the info from the stream correctly, the entire GalCom system, including Command Ranks, will be exclusive to subscribers, right?

So how are F2P/Preferred players supposed to get OP-worthy gear after KotET launches?

I am a subscriber myself, but I still see a major problem there... even now, since those horrible Level 60 tokens were introduced, when running random OPs via Finder, you pretty much regularly get n00bs that have never played their character before, just bought a 60 token, have no idea of their mechanics, but still reckon they would be okay to go on OPs... now with proper gear, even an unexperienced player should do okay in SM OPs, but if going forward only subscribers can even get this proper gear, F2P and Preferred players would kind of become completely useless by default for Operations or any kind of harder content including HC FPs... if the best they had was some blue 220 crap with the newly scaled OPs and FPs requiring 232 or whatever, they would probably get insta-kicked from 99% of all Finder Random Groups.

How do you plan to address this?

So in 1.0 we had to deal with RNG boxes and this resulted in getting duplicate armor we couldn't use. Receiving 2 belts or bracers in a row is a devastating waste of time. What's to keep command crates from dropping duplicate gear? I'm hoping generic tokens we can trade in for any piece of gear. Also, will gear drops be based on discipline? I would hate to get tank gear on a dps. Edited by SirUrza

How random are the command crate drops and is there still a way to acquire modifications outside of that?

I'll be honest, it sounds to me like the entire gearing process in the game is changing to the RNG grindfest that was 1.0 PVP gear lootboxes. Only potentionally much more grindy at the very top. Which scares the bajesus out of me.

I do hope Eric that you guys are realising that you are giving the finger to Raiders right? As there is no real reason to raid anymore only for achievements and some ****** Decorations..

Now we can't even do Operations to get gear anymore? It's all linked to this Galactic command stuff.. Personally i am not interested in doing PvP, Flashpoints, Conq etc.. Only thing i enjoy about swtor is raiding and now i can't even get gear from them...

Congrats in pushing raiders away.

• Dev Post
3 questions

1. Just to clarify, you only have to hit level 70 to access command ranks, and not complete KOTET story, correct?

2. Is there a max level for command ranks?

3. Once we hit that level, will there be any other way to obtain rewards that we didn't get?

Thanks

1) Correct, you only need to be level 70 to access GC.

2) Yes there is a max level (still in flux)

3) Yup, check this.

I kinda of get the Command Crates, sounds like an interesting idea in order of progressing a whole group's gear and is fair in some of that regard. But the randomness is NOT a viable option. Please make it so that we can obtain a specific command crate for each piece, let's say, offhand command crate, or something of the sort, because if someone gets 50 mainhands in a row, it might get a little frustrating! Edited by AxomHart

I do hope Eric that you guys are realising that you are giving the finger to Raiders right? As there is no real reason to raid anymore only for achievements and some ****** Decorations..

Now we can't even do Operations to get gear anymore? It's all linked to this Galactic command stuff.. Personally i am not interested in doing PvP, Flashpoints, Conq etc.. Only thing i enjoy about swtor is raiding and now i can't even get gear from them...

Congrats in pushing raiders away.

Sure you can do operations to get gear still... but only indirectly now, the tokens are gone.

I'm not saying that I am a fan of this particular change, but as far as I understand the new system, if all you want to do is raid, you will still get the best gear that way, and potentially still faster than someone only doing story/singleplayer content.

Thx for the infos, Eric.

Couple of questions:

• How many FP/OPs should we expect to get a rank?
  • How does non sub gets top tier gear as Galactic Command requires to be subscibed?
  • Will the system prevent having twice the same gear and be of the class of the character as not transferable?

All in all depending on the answers you either go directly into a wall or are greatly improving the game.

So in 1.0 we had to deal with RNG boxes and this resulted in getting duplicate armor we couldn't use. Receiving 2 belts or bracers in a row is a devastating waste of time. What's to keep command crates from dropping duplicate gear? I'm hoping generic tokens we can trade in for any piece of gear. Also, will gear drops be based on discipline? I would hate to get tank gear on a dps.

And will that gear be legacy bound? I have 4 maras, 3 sentinels. If I get duplicate gear can I transfer it to another toon? Or it will be bound to character, and we'll have to do all that again and again with each toon? Is the gear moddable? or is it non-moddable, which means that we get stuck with whatever stats you provide, with no way to minmax the stats for better performance?

I kinda of get the Command Crates, sounds like an interesting idea in order of progressing a whole group's gear and is fair in some of that regard. But the randomness is NOT a viable option. Please make it so that we can obtain a specific command crate for each piece, let's say, offhand command crate, or something of the sort, because if someone gets 50 mainhands in a row, it might get a little frustrating!

What's interesting, grinding the old content to get command points? Don't you remember the 1.0 pvp random boxes.