Why Macros belong in TOR.

_compton_

Highly vague, highly generalized, broad, bigoted, jaded, unsubstantiated, ignorant and for the most part, utterly irrelevant. Graphics =/= gameplay. You are stating opinion as fact and making statements you cannot possibly support.

You've made a fool of yourself here, with no encouragement from anyone else.

I've made no fool of myself here - there is no denying WOW has some of the worst graphics on the MMO market; the sad part is, they charge $15 a month for it.

The reason it's so popular is because of it's low graphics: It places no strain on computers, so therefore that 2001 Gateway you found in your grandmothers attic will most likely run it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ajjw actually the code he posted is a WOW working macro.

A slash command with a conditional and an action.

If you open a WOW macro editor and post his code it actually works.

I know this. I played WoW for 7 years.

WoW macros only contain code when you run a script within them, which is only used for Out-Of-Combat stuff, such as sending chat messages to other players and whatnot. Even so, the functionality of script calls within a macro are so limited that you can't do much with them anyway.

I feel that I can speak for the majority and say Macros would be a welcome addition to the SWTOR community.

Cant wait to see this patched in (more than likely sooner, than later). :)

Thank goodness you don't speak for the majority. The majority of players don't want macros. Thank you SWTOR Devs for not implementing macros in this game now and in the future.

I've made no fool of myself here - there is no denying WOW has some of the worst graphics on the MMO market; the sad part is, they charge $15 a month for it.

The reason it's so popular is because of it's low graphics: It places no strain on computers, so therefore that 2001 Gateway you found in your grandmothers attic will most likely run it.

The accessibility of WoW is one of the aspects which make it popular, yes. Others are - the huge budget, the enormous player base, the established nature of it, the developer, crisp, responsive gameplay and animations, and a good engine.

Yes, the gameplay is at this point stale for many. Nevertheless, it has many positive qualities - qualities you'll find reflected in SWTOR, because SWTOR derives a huge amount from WoW, and for good reason.

Edited by _compton_

Hey guys. Can anyone name me any high level pvper that does not use Macros?

Except yourselves ofcourse. You are all evidently such amazingly skilled pvpers.

But for the actual ones. You know, the ones who kill you all the time. Not close, they're at 50% after a 1v1. Can you tell me? Do they use macros?

I feel that I can speak for the majority and say Macros would be a welcome addition to the SWTOR community.

Cant wait to see this patched in (more than likely sooner, than later). :)

I believe that I can speak for the majority of the PvP community (non-bads) and say Macros would be welcomed by bads and the lazy in the SWTOR community.

Can't wait to see them never instituted (more likely never than later) :)

So skill is pushing the button when it lights up?

And of course I agree that you should not HAVE to look at your bars. Unfortunate that the class I play requires you to combine certain moves and clipping them can make a big difference.

Regardless of how the key is pressed (even tho 1-6 shift 1-6 , 2 side mouse buttons, and the letter "g" are all keybound) it is still a far to tedious.

Macro's would let me focus more on the game rather than the buttons is all Im saying.

p.s. Dont be so angry. And I believe the game would be better with macros, not destroyed.

pss play a op range class? Might have something to do with your attitude.

I played Sith Assassin, Sith Marauder, Sith Juggernaught and Trooper. I had no problems playing any of them in pvp. I actually always topped the charts in every game and never lose 1v1 on ANY of my toons.

And yes on my Marauder I never had to stare at my bars. Maybe a quick glance to check my CD's but thats it.

I also agree macros will let you focus more on the game. Why? Because it DUMBS THE GAME DOWN! If its making things easier then its dumbing it down plain and simple.

You will also notice that out of the classes I played only ONE was ranged.

I'd like to see a PC that old run a 25man Raid on Ultra without playing a 1fps. The WoW engine supports DX11 only features, such as sunshafts and pretty good water graphics nowadays.

Will the base game on low play on a 2001 PC? Maybe. Would you actually be able to do anything other than quests and maybe a 5man? Certainly not.

And since when did graphics have any bearing whatsoever on an MMO's worth? Some find the graphics of WoW charming. I certainly did back when I still played.

I believe that I can speak for the majority of the PvP community (non-bads) and say Macros would be welcomed by bads and the lazy in the SWTOR community.

Can't wait to see them never instituted (more likely never than later) :)

Please, read me previous post. All the bads use macros, right?

That's why pvp forums for WoW have a macros section that is heavily trafficked, right?

They're ALL bad.

I disagree with the OP, I've managed to almost master my abilities using the buttons 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 and then I have to manually push one on a 2nd row but that is all

I need, if that gives me an advantage and you a disadvantage so be it.

I'm currently using 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 0, Q, E, F, V, T, G alongside Shift-Modifiers for all of those. Back when I played WoW I had over 46 key bindings that I would be using all the time.

I still support macros.

That's why pvp forums for WoW have a macros section that is heavily trafficked, right?

They're ALL bad.

Dealing in absolutes is absolutely wrong.

See what I did there.

Macros help those who are utterly horribad in PvP be competitive or better.

They also help those be pretty lazy in game.

These may be the same people 2 or 3 months later screaming that this game sucks and is too easy or boring.

Sooooo, no macros. They really are not needed.

For the purpose of argument, I suggest the following.

NO MACROS IN SWTOR. OR BINDINGS

Every Ability must be used by either the console commands:

/use Retaliation

OR

By manually clicking the spellbook.

Only BADS and LAZY people need to have bindings. Any REAL PVPer and LONG TERM PLAYER THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT knows that BINDINGS require NO SKILL compared to TYPING IN CONSOLE or CLICKING YOUR SPELLBOOK!

Will we settle at this compromise? No Macros make you guys happy. No Bindings will make me happy. Can we settle?

Edited by Jurisnoctis

They're ALL bad.

These people are so ignorant that I've been genuinely bewildered at the intellect in some of their posts.

I would stop bothering. They cannot comprehend anything past what their narrow-mindedness allows.

Honestly, the majority of the people I've seen post in this thread opposing macros are casual PvPers with no real concept of a macros actual function, and simply don't want to see them implemented because they could not use them effectively and it would only widen the disparity between the best, and everyone else.

Arguing with them is fruitless, most of these completely negative posters will remain stubbornly obstinate regardless of the information you make available to them.

I'd like to see a PC that old run a 25man Raid on Ultra without playing a 1fps. The WoW engine supports DX11 only features, such as sunshafts and pretty good water graphics nowadays.

Will the base game on low play on a 2001 PC? Maybe. Would you actually be able to do anything other than quests and maybe a 5man? Certainly not.

And since when did graphics have any bearing whatsoever on an MMO's worth? Some find the graphics of WoW charming. I certainly did back when I still played.

Graphics are very important to most people. It's nearly 2012, there's no excuse not to have good graphics in games nowadays. There is especially no excuse for WOW, considering everyone is saying how high of a budget they have.

And also, I never said graphics had a bearing on my previous post. I stated that because of the low graphics, that's why the game was so popular, which was a previous posters defense on why SWTOR needs macros.

I'm gonna have to agree with the OP here.

It's rather obvious that the WoW generation of PvPers need their macros to give me at least a modicum of challenge in a warzone. As of now, I dominate and its getting rather boring playing against macro dependant opponents.

For the sake and sanity of the real PvPers, give these kids their macros so we can at least feel like we are fighting a human player and not a clueless A.I..

I'm currently using 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 0, Q, E, F, V, T, G alongside Shift-Modifiers for all of those. Back when I played WoW I had over 46 key bindings that I would be using all the time.

I still support macros.

Hooray for binding? Doesn't mean you're not:

a) Lazy

or

b) Bad

If you crusade for macros, it really is one or the other.

I disagree with the OP, I've managed to almost master my abilities using the buttons 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 and then I have to manually push one on a 2nd row but that is all

I need, if that gives me an advantage and you a disadvantage so be it.

LOL, you really need to learn to remap your binds rather than using the defaults. You aren't helping the "anti-macro" argument with your post. :)

Dealing in absolutes is absolutely wrong.

See what I did there.

Macros help those who are utterly horribad in PvP be competitive or better.

They also help those be pretty lazy in game.

These may be the same people 2 or 3 months later screaming that this game sucks and is too easy or boring.

Sooooo, no macros. They really are not needed.

Well I actually don't care if the bads are boosted to mediocre by macros, I'd still roll them.

I care about my higher level play. Sure that's selfish, but I'm not one who would cater to bads or whiners.

For the purpose of argument, I suggest the following.

NO MACROS IN SWTOR. OR BINDINGS

Every Ability must be used by either the console commands:

/use Retaliation

OR

By manually clicking the spellbook.

Only BADS and LAZY people need to have bindings. Any REAL PVPer and LONG TERM PLAYER THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT knows that BINDINGS require NO SKILL compared to TYPING IN CONSOLE or CLICKING YOUR SPELLBOOK!

Will we settle at this compromise? No Macros make you guys happy. No Bindings will make me happy. Can we settle?

Funny thing is you'd sometimes actually do this in FFXI as it could be quicker to type out a spell than find the right macro page on the fly with the aweful UI :p

Honestly, the majority of the people I've seen post in this thread opposing macros are casual PvPers with no real concept of a macros actual function, and simply don't want to see them implemented because they could not use them effectively and it would only widen the disparity between the best, and everyone else.

Arguing with them is fruitless, most of these completely negative posters will remain stubbornly obstinate regardless of the information you make available to them.

Can't be a casual PvP when I play on a world pvp server, can I?

Hmmm...

Oh and I am ignorant too?

Come on man, you are dealing in generalizations, as there are some good remarks going on, along with some serious trollage.

Hooray for binding? Doesn't mean you're not:

a) Lazy

or

b) Bad

If you crusade for macros, it really is one or the other.

You really are insufferable. I sincerely hope you are not so stubborn and close-minded in real life as if you are I pity those who have to put up with you.