Post Nerf: Are Your Things Selling?

Teldara

Just wondering for whoever out there is reading, are your crafted items or materials post patch?

Pre-patch, I was able to sell mods pretty fast on the GTN. But right now, things are going really slow. No ones buying.

On my server, theres usually a decent crowd of players buying materials, but post patch, no ones buying anything.

Personally, I believe players are being a little stingy on spending credits and keeping to themselves due to the slicing nerf.

On a side now, I heard implants sell pretty fast regardless.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you try throwing a hissy fit, stomping and screaming, being completely ignorant and disregarding all evidence?

It's what got slicing nerfed which, incidentally, is partially why your items aren't selling all that well any more.

Edited by Swixer

Obviously, I'm talking about whole game, not only 50 lvl.

And, as I've said earlier, all your stuff was bought by slicers before patch.

Now - forget!

Not a slicer didnt have any ways to make money to buy new gear per each new lvl. Especially if they have their own craft skills and trying to exp it.

And all crafters didnt have ways to lower cost of their stuff to make it buyable for all players, not only slicer millionaires.

is it clear?

You whine about slicing - you got nerf.

Now - love it

^^

Edited by SilverWF

Since Slicing got nerfed (my way yo make money without crafting) I have refused to purchase anything at all on GTN or venders. I save those precious credits for the cost of Living. You know Repair, Abilities, Lv 50 Speeder (310K), Bay #3 (400K), Mod removal, ect. The pre-patch Slicing was perfect. I could make money (lots if I put in the time) and buy what I needed on the GTN. This would be fueling the economy, another player, and helping out myself. Overall a win-win. Now it is lose-lose. Good job those who QQ.

Since Slicing got nerfed (my way yo make money without crafting) I have refused to purchase anything at all on GTN or venders. I save those precious credits for the cost of Living. You know Repair, Abilities, Lv 50 Speeder (310K), Bay #3 (400K), Mod removal, ect. The pre-patch Slicing was perfect. I could make money (lots if I put in the time) and buy what I needed on the GTN. This would be fueling the economy, another player, and helping out myself. Overall a win-win. Now it is lose-lose. Good job those who QQ.

Ok so here is my story

I started with Treasure hunting as my gathering skill.

I did my best with it sending out the stupid robot to fail over and over. Sending myself slowly bust in the process. I had artifice and Arch as my two other professions.

Even before da nerf greens and blues were been passed over on the GT or been sold below cost.

Arch rewards were not been sold on the gt or I was getting better returns from vendoring said items. Why

NOBODY WANTED TO BUY THEM. I dropped treasure at lvl 200 becasue it was a money SINK as are all crafting professions. Its cheaper to lvl a alt to do the craft or use a guild member. Why all the gear is BOE. A guildy told me to pick up slicing

I did and made 250K in 5 days. That is the money for my mounts and the wifes mounts dso iam happy.

Will I be buying anything of the AH now. Anything at all. NO not ever

Why would I buy something of the AH that will be surpased in 2 levels by a green.

and here is my point.

NOW WITH THE SLICING NERF NOBODY WILL BE SELLING ANYTHING ON THE AH BECASUE THE MARKET HAS DEPARTED.

People only go to a flash resturant for dinner if they can afford it. Please eat veg's and mash when they can't.

WELCOME TO THE recession WE HAD TO HAVE

Just wondering for whoever out there is reading, are your crafted items or materials post patch?

Pre-patch, I was able to sell mods pretty fast on the GTN. But right now, things are going really slow. No ones buying.

On my server, theres usually a decent crowd of players buying materials, but post patch, no ones buying anything.

Personally, I believe players are being a little stingy on spending credits and keeping to themselves due to the slicing nerf.

On a side now, I heard implants sell pretty fast regardless.

Craftes wont be able to sell now because slicers dont have money anymore. Before slicers had cash so crafters had customers we had a real economy nowwe have nothing

I'm not spending money on luxuries like craftables. Why should I? I need that money for repairs, training, and the like. Before the nerf I had money to burn, so I bought up what I wanted and stimulated the economy? Now? Austerity measures.

Keynesian economics 101. Lots of currency dumped into the economy fuel growth. BW just took a big dump all over that. ;)

Between the massive availability of blue and purple gear drops, the sheer number of available upgrades from one level to the next, no reason to buy crafted gear over BoE drops, and massive credit sinks, Bioware has done a fantastic job of setting the economy to take a plunge from day one.

And the nerf to slicing is just the nail in the coffin.

The only crew skill that's going to be useful during the end game will be Biochem. All other crafting skills are overshadowed by pvp gear and random BoE drops. When it's made evident that all other crafting skills are pointless, all crafting materials are going to take a nose dive in market value.

Why don't you try throwing a hissy fit, stomping and screaming, being completely ignorant and disregarding all evidence?

It's what got slicing nerfed which, incidentally, is partially why your items aren't selling all that well any more.

You are going to make them all mad at you. Those noobs don't want to be told what they are.

The people who are buying my "crafted shi*t" were the leveling scene. People who haven't hit level 50, who were gearing up their character. FYI, the leveling scene is much bigger than the level 50 scene right now. You don't automatically hit level 50 when you start the game. Everyone starts at level 1 and level up. The people who buy mods are the ones with a guild or friends who try to be as geared as possible doing FPs with their friends.

Get your head out of your ***.

Now people will save money for skills and repairs. Probaply very few will buy crafted gear form GTN during leveling, most will save money for a level 50 gear leveling in quest rewards and drops.

Meaning, people will want to upgrade their gear to be as best as they can..

Not any more.

Skills and cargo upgrades cost to much to waste money on leveling gear. And without sliceing there won't be surplus money to spend on gear upgrades.

Edited by Golarz

People actually buy gear from the AH while leveling? Isn't that a colossal waiste of credits?

Not when you had more than enough credits to buy it, and that's the whole point. Since the average amount of credits a leveling player will have has drastically decreased, so too will the economy fueled solely by leveling players. Expect most of these BoE's to now be vendored after collecting dust on the GTN.

Before the slicing nerf i was buying mats and stuff on the AH now that its nerfed nope. it isn't cost effective anymore. in fact i have dropped crafting all together. there is no point to it. i get better gear from mission rewards and pvp vendors. The ONLY way i will do either ever again is if they undo the slicing Nerf. or introduce some other way to make creds. because as it stands now i can barely afford upkeep and expensive skill purchases.

-Wes-

Edited by wesmagyar

While my disposable income has certainly taken a hit, I think people are kinda exaggerating these "austerity measures".

Sure, I'm not making a guaranteed 300-500k a day like I was back when I was level 30. It sucks. But earlier today, for example, I threw down about 50k on companion gifts and dirt-cheap mats. Totally worth it. I have less to spend than I once did, true. But there are still really good deals to be found. In my last hour of playtime today, I made about 50k from quests alone. Buying things that are priced less than what I think they're worth, things I can make use of...that's going to continue being useful unless I'm broke.

That said, I think with the economic changes, it's now only really worthwhile investing in goods with long-term value. So nobody's going to be buying leveling gear anymore.

Edited by Shinyshin

ok one of my character's right now is level 17. i haven't bought anything other then skills and repairing equipment. and other essentials and i only have about 10k... and i have to pay 40k to get the speeder skill shortly... are you kidding me? Edited by wesmagyar

ok my character right now is level 17. i haven't bought anything other then skills and repairing equipment. and other essentials and i only have about 10k... and i have to pay 40k to get the speeder skill shortly... are you kidding me?

You're actually a significant way off. 48k (what you actually pay for the whole speeder package) is nothing. By that level, your questing rewards will be enough to get you there.

48k at level 25 isn't a problem in any way, shape, or form...if you're not able to get it the milisecond you hit 25, you'll get it later that day after running a heroic or daily.

The 700k or so to buy level 40 benefits, on the other hand...

Edited by Shinyshin