Just completed my Light Versus Dark Eternal Qualifications ...a few thoughts ...

_NovaBlast_

Since you are the one hung up on definition and looking them up:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/veteran

Full Definition of veteran

a : an old soldier of long service (not this one)

b : a former member of the armed forces (nor this one)

: a person of long experience usually in some occupation or skill (as politics or the arts) (there we go)

Since we are on definitions already - a "vet" is actually an abbreviation for a veterinarian. Not a veteran.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vet

Hence the title "let sleeping vets lie" by Mr.James Harriot.

No. He wants the "HM" part to be removed.

One letter and you almost got it right - but maybe your cynism prevented that from you.

Actually no, he said he didn't like the event requiring group content and wanted to be able to have an option to receive the legendary rewards without having to run the group and more difficult content.

Please in future promotions could you please not tie in the niche related activities ( hard mode ,pvp , raids ) or forced or "bribed" grouping in to the general public qualifications .

or if you are at the very least as an alternative could you please at least give an alternate route that does not have these qualifications but gives the same result / prize

Perhaps in your rush to judge me as cynical you missed that part.

This was a good event to get long-term players to try things they may not have before and to introduce new players to all of the different types of things in SWTOR.

What I've learned about myself... I enjoy seeing other players, the occasional spontaneous grouping for heroics or just random play. Even the odd group to take down a world boss is fine. Flashpoints/OPS in groups is something that I don't think I will even enjoy though. Tried them as a DPS and as a healer (never again healer - too many people who expect you to do the impossible - although I did get good praise for healing on a couple that were successful runs). I understand how others enjoy them, they just aren't for me.

@merovejec here, my account got banned again so writing from this one.

Couldn't you have taken the ban as a sign that you maybe should move away from this forum? Your negativity about this game surely doesn't have a positive impact on your life.

OP, I almost fully agree with you. I currently re-level my 2nd gen chars to level 50. However, I won't be able to completely finish this event, because I fail to finish the 10th round of Eternal Championship. Tried everything, but the issue seems to be my laptop and it's speed/lag (impossible to make it through the energy field phase). Nonetheless, I am glad I deleted my 2nd gen chars and re-started them.

Couldn't you have taken the ban as a sign that you maybe should move away from this forum? Your negativity about this game surely doesn't have a positive impact on your life.

OP, I almost fully agree with you. I currently re-level my 2nd gen chars to level 50. However, I won't be able to completely finish this event, because I fail to finish the 10th round of Eternal Championship. Tried everything, but the issue seems to be my laptop and it's speed/lag (impossible to make it through the energy field phase). Nonetheless, I am glad I deleted my 2nd gen chars and re-started them.

I believe for the event you can still get credit for round 10 bringing in another player- someone can correct me if that is wrong.

If you're on harb, I'm happy to help if that is the thing holding you up

Please in future promotions could you please not tie in the niche related activities ( hard mode ,pvp , raids ) or forced or "bribed" grouping in to the general public qualifications .

or if you are at the very least as an alternative could you please at least give an alternate route that does not have these qualifications but gives the same result / prize

"Please in future promotions could you please not tie in rehashing the same content I've done multiple times already (please see my Achievements) in to the general public qualifications?

Or at the very least as an alternative could you please at least give an alternate route that doesn't require I repeat these qualifications but gives the same result /prize?"

Hmm.

Would you like to be Pot or Kettle?

If you are on Shadowlands I can team with you to get it done.

This is sad. I agree the event can have its bright sides to it (I've made some friends so far upon returning) but it's a boring rehashing of all previous content with achievement tiers that could have been retroactive in some way for some of the top level stuff. Then again, if people earn them, good on them and they deserve it. I just don't think adding OPs of all things to the top tier was bright.

Also dislike how OP comes off as holy-than-thou when adressing veteran concerns which are valid.

Greetings ,

I really have enjoyed the path you have been on and want to thank you for ..

- focusing on story and putting in monthly content (Still miss kira btw) ( need more romance quests that continue after the last one in the class stories)

- making things easier ( the droid is amazing )

- Less annoying "mechanics" annoying " bosses where you have to have to run around with something while you're trying to fight it. --i say less because some of the fights in the EC are really annoying and need to be toned down IMO.

1. The story was terrible. Unlikable individuals, a god-like entity rewritten which throws his whole interaction with the galaxy we know into question, weak companion reunions, everyone is Force sensitive, monthly content left too much to be desired and you literally aren't even the main character anymore.

2. I don't mind this for leveling content, but everything else is so laughable, I find no reason to even want to reach level 65. Flashpoints used to be worth the occasional challenge with pugs or fun runs with guilds (R.I.P) but things are TOO easy now. Even chapter/story bosses fall over if you sneeze.

3. I've yet to touch KotFE as I'm leveling DvL toons now but if vanilla content is any indication, I am expecting even less mechanics in KotFE fights except for boss fights which I know will never play out to be a true victory since KoTET is coming.

Positive feedback is always welcome and I do like seeing people still enjoy the game, but when you try to throw the 'entitled' line at vets for not being recognized for supporting and playing the game for as long as they have and have long since earned their achievements, I begin to not care what your opinion is. You can like the event and KotFE all you want, both are step downs in comparison to things that have come prior. DvL is awesome for new players (really, I wonder how many we've had that have stuck around since KotFE's launch) but really does NOTHING for vets (this is even counting people that started in SoR since EVERYONE was leveling many alts to 60 so they've likely SEEN ALL OF THIS ALREADY),

SWTOR is a great Story based MMO and I love the way you're slowly making the game more story oriented and soloable with less forced grouping and hope that you continue this trend.

It is but the game has always been soloable until you see group content, which.. is part of an MMO. You were never forced into groups. You could solo things if you were up to par with it yourself, it just actually took time and gearing (I remember when I cared about this.) Oricon for example. I recall coming here searching for help with the bosses for the story on Oricon. People told me tips and about appropriate use of Interrupt, timing and gearing my companion appropriately. I took said advice, wound up breezing through it. I didn't HAVE to jump in a group for it anymore. Same for the Heroic after getting some of the Op gear.

also please remember that "difficulty , challenge and "mechanics" " does not necessarily make things more fun .. remember you put it a "story / normal" mode into your games for a reason.

Do you actually play video games? I'm not asking for story to require a week's grind to be able to progress or for me to have to know my rotation perfectly on each spec to get through every champion fight but challenge is ABSOLUTELY needed to keep players engaged! It depends on its implementation, though (Oricon was awesome). Mechanics, in my opinion, are a way to help progress fights faster so long as you know them and can execute them. Again, something that's necessary. The problem is that they've lowered the bar so low that people think story/normal modes are for those who have 3 fingers total (no offense to anyone in such a situation), no situational awareness, rather watch Netflix on another monitor or their tv and like watching their companions fight for them.