Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

Thanks for the laugh, OP!

I wanted Watcher X for a romance option companion on my agent alt. A completely different kind of creepy, but at least he doesn't need fumigating!

I did too. Maybe in later patches/expansions.. I'll meet him again :D. Rar.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated Vector from the moment I saw him.

First, he's melee and this game is anti melee. Second, he's light-factioned on an empire-only class. No thanks. Third, his eyes, ewyaugh! Fourth, bug fetish and no personality of his own.

No means no. I flirted with him once and got the rubbing forearms thing and stonewalled him after that. Thanks but no thanks. Since there's no other romance-able males on my ship, I'll wait for same-gender romances long before I ever, ever, ever consider Vector. He's the *worst* romance-option for women in this game by far.

okay now, ive had three people find me ingame from these threads lol

last one happened to log on while i was partybombing the storage area on the fleet in slave gear with another agent, while i was sammiched between the 2 vectors. i got a wisper saying " i shoulda guessed.." or along those lines...

lmao

last one happened to log on while i was partybombing the storage area on the fleet in slave gear with another agent, while i was sammiched between the 2 vectors. i got a wisper saying " i shoulda guessed.." or along those lines...

lmao

That was fun! Next time we'll have to try and break our Vector record of 3. Lol. (This is Fawne btw.)

Not many people seem to be on the fence about Vector. Guess you're either in the swarm or desperately seeking bug spray. :jawa_tongue:

That was fun! Next time we'll have to try and break our Vector record of 3. Lol. (This is Fawne btw.)

Not many people seem to be on the fence about Vector. Guess you're either in the swarm or desperately seeking bug spray. :jawa_tongue:

yes! vectors EVERYWHERE!

and just think, patch 1.2 theyl be able to dance with you, instead of standing there like " uhhhhhhh"

Personally, I found this to be a really cute romance. The one I like most in this game. It goes very deep and some scenes are incredibly beautiful.

And he is no bug himself...

Edited by Aryh

Vector has a lot more personality than Torian, imo. Both guys seem to have trouble with first person pronouns, though...Vector says "we", Torian just leaves them out all together. :D

No argument from me. My BH married Torian, now he stays on the ship crafting while Gault and Blizz come out to play.

And he is no bug himself...

Oh, you're right. Those eyes and his pronoun usage? Completely normal! Why, he has a mind of his own surely, except he says he doesn't multiple times due to the hivemind. That's very human, right? It's not? Oh.

Face facts.

Ahh this whole thread cracked me up. Good to see some light heartedness on the forums. That being said, i am fully marrying this freak with my female sniper. Im a guy playing a girl toon and just love his weirdness. Do I want a square jawed Fabio?? nope, give me a pharamone spewing electro-staff weilding weirdo!!

Oh, you're right. Those eyes and his pronoun usage? Completely normal! Why, he has a mind of his own surely, except he says he doesn't multiple times due to the hivemind. That's very human, right? It's not? Oh.

Face facts.

My non-human Agent takes offense :p The Empire and its speciesism!

But seriously, if you've actually completed Vector's affection level, and Dr. Lokin's as well that involve him, you find he really does have his own will. He certainly struggles a bit with who he is.

I'm holding out for the Kaliyo romance since it just seems so right because she digs every evil thing I do.

But I will admit that I was going to hook up with Vector because it seemed creepy and weird to get it on with a hive-mind: "as if a million voices cried out in pleasure and were completely satisfied." ;)

If you're hoping for a same-gender romance with Kaliyo, it isn't going to happen any time soon. They've made it clear that they don't want to change any current companions, same gender romances will come with completely new companions.

If you're hoping for a same-gender romance with Kaliyo, it isn't going to happen any time soon. They've made it clear that they don't want to change any current companions, same gender romances will come with completely new companions.

Aww damn. As a female playing a male OP, I laughed out loud at this thread, and then kind of looked forward to what a male hivemind might have to do with another male mind. Maybe fight it out to the <little> death? Rawr!!

Aww damn. As a female playing a male OP, I laughed out loud at this thread, and then kind of looked forward to what a male hivemind might have to do with another male mind. Maybe fight it out to the <little> death? Rawr!!

"We are Dawn Herald. We are victorious."

gigglebuggerygiggle yes i am much older than i act :cool:

and i just realised; with his "content with everything" personality, the jedi would probably benefit a ton with that whole hivemind set

Edited by Crezelle

lmao

nah that was just me again...it was fun chatting with you awhile. Even if the conversation was just me laughing a lot.

I don't mind him. I actually found that he became more human over time. My only issue is...

Why did they have to make the character design come straight from Uncanny Valley? WHY?!?!?! I mean, customizations help a bit, but as nice as he is, he's still creepy. Not only that, even if he didn't have black eyes, I find the original character design totally unattractive. I should roll a BH afterwards just for Torian. I'd hit that!

There. I've gotten my totally shallow ranting out of the way.

That's a shame. I think Kaliyo would have worked well as a same-gender option. Anyone who's gotten through even a few of her quests as a female agent will get these les yay vibes from her. And if you've gotten to the point where everyone's out for her head, well... let's just say it's hard not to get the impression that she's bi, or was bi-curious at least.

Edited by alphasoup

welp, with the new patch suposedly properly eliminating marriages...i finally get to see if he really did mind me

taking "privilages" with my voss husband

if so, my agent will never be able to love another man again.

My agent on Giradda is currently on a lengthy honeymoon vacation until I find out more about this. >_>

My agent on Giradda is currently on a lengthy honeymoon vacation until I find out more about this. >_>

i highly doubt it, even tho i missed out on tons of affection points for reassuring him it was only for the mission, and then latter turning phi-ton down ( max level anyways, meh, and i had to tease him :D) i got no affection downs at all, or any comment from him afterwards, and usually if you do end something with a spouse in this game, you have to make a blatant choice to.

...still keeping my eye on my speeder collection in case he tries to run off with half of it >.>

if anything, i'll be able to make him dance while i partybomb the fleet. i want to see blizz and khem val dance sooooo bad, or lokin in his rak form.

I don't think the Voss marriage is going to affect anything as it's not a real relationship....if you're referring to the patch notes talking about fixing the exploits where people managed to be married to two companions.

NICE... lol now THAT i'd like to see

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.