Arcann: Redemption (Possible Spoiler)

Kyrielan

Actually the only one of these three you can actually kill is Baras. Thanathos gets killed by someone else (without your input to decide his fate) and Jadus survives no matter what you do. You might want to pick better examples the next time.

Party Poopers...

why did you have to remind meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh of that lol

Swtor forum : where dreams get dashed by Party Poopers ! :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the only one of these three you can actually kill is Baras. Thanathos gets killed by someone else (without your input to decide his fate) and Jadus survives no matter what you do. You might want to pick better examples the next time.

I was pretty annoyed at that punk *** ***** of a sith that took pity on Thanaton and put him out of his misery when the SI took their time drawing things out and utterly humiliating Thanaton.

Bad choices ? He is a murderer . No amount of Sob story gonna change that .

Choosing to be an entitled brat that won't take a NO......should be punished .

Actually killing him benefit that his victims get a closure (you know? the peoples he killed had familly and suffered more then him ) . Also since there is NO guarantee redemption would work for him or that he''ll even say YES Let me live like a Monk . Killing him is assuring he doesn't try again .

Integral to his redemption would be him trying to atone I think, given what he's done. Be clear that I'm not just forgiving him - I'm just offering him the chance to try and put some things right. If he's not capable of doing that then he's only a liability and execution is the only solution.

He could do far more against Vaylin and Valkorion by your side than as a corpse. But if he is incapable of that then yes, his death is the best thing. But I believe there were enough glimmers of hope in him to offer him a chance. Whether he takes it is a different matter.

Vaylin on the other hand almost certainly has to die. She is too far gone.

TBH, even my light side characters only didn't try to shoot Senya down because they figured she deserved better then getting killed for not wanting her little **** of a son to die. The sheer scale of Arcann's crimes is too much for any of them to forgive.

I was pretty annoyed at that punk *** ***** of a sith that took pity on Thanaton and put him out of his misery when the SI took their time drawing things out and utterly humiliating Thanaton.

You and me both . That was a Total KILL STEAL RIGHT THERE ! LOL

Public execution is what I wouldve done for Thanathon ! He wanted a bloody Kagath or watever you spell it . So its Public and the Public will wanna see you fall from your high chair .

Then you bind his spirit...cose ya know..Ultimate FATALITY! :D

I'm a fan of bad people redeeming themselves. If Arcann wants to join me, I think I could work it out. On one condition:

He must kill 10000 Skytroopers in 3 packs first then defeat SCORPIO by hiding behind a shield like a true coward. Then he can join. :rak_03:

Uhm, Vader had zero objections to turning an entire planet full of people into space debris for pretty much no other reason than a weapons test. And that was in his first apperance in episode IV which is still canon.

Yes it is indeed canon and vader didnt seem bothered by what happened. But one important distinction... Vader did not give the order to fire. Tarkin did.

Arcann by comparison directly ordered the destruction of 5 planets and that is only the ones we know of. Arcann is still worse by 5 planets to one. And holding vader squarely resposnible for alderaan is debatable as is.

Yes it is indeed canon and vader didnt seem bothered by what happened. But one important distinction... Vader did not give the order to fire. Tarkin did.

Arcann by comparison directly ordered the destruction of 5 planets and that is only the ones we know of. Arcann is still worse by 5 planets to one. And holding vader squarely resposnible for alderaan is debatable as is.

So according to your logic Arcann would be less responisble if Vaylin had ordered the bombardment while he stood right next to her and basically said: "Oh, alright. As your superior I have no objections to that. Go ahead." ?

Edited by fovzwk

As I said before, Vader was not in charge. Tarkin was.

Princess Leia states that Tarkin "held Vader's leash." Its both an insult, and a confirmation that Tarkin's the boss there, further corroborated by the fact that Vader doesn't say a word during the whole exchange. Tarkin states "I have chosen to test this weapon on your home planet of Alderaan." No we, not Vader and I, not the Emperor, him. Alderaan's destruction is 100% Tarkin.

(Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qLzsIhUMk )

Im not saying Vader is not guilty, far from it, He could have easily stopped Tarkin and killed everybody in the room, he didnt. Just Like Vaylin did nothing to save half the knights of Zakuul.

I am awaiting to see what Vader does in Rogue One as I posted before, but so far, without Rogue One's addition to the Canon, Vader is looking like a frigging saint compared to Arcann's list of atrocities.

Edited by thebumpkin

I think it is important here to remember that while Vader was redeemed, he also died, so we did not get to see what would have happend to him after the rebellion was succesful, I find it very hard to belive that even if Luke thought his farther had come back that the rest of reble command would have thought that was enough, especially considering what happend to Alderaan as well as all the other things Vader did.

As I said before, Vader was not in charge. Tarkin was.

Princess Leia states that Tarkin "held Vader's leash." Its both an insult, and a confirmation that Tarkin's the boss there, further corroborated by the fact that Vader doesn't say a word during the whole exchange. Tarkin states "I have chosen to test this weapon on your home planet of Alderaan." No we, not Vader and I, not the Emperor, him. Alderaan's destruction is 100% Tarkin.

(Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qLzsIhUMk )

Im not saying Vader is not guilty, far from it, He could have easily stopped Tarkin and killed everybody in the room, he didnt. Just Like Vaylin did nothing to save half the knights of Zakuul.

I am awaiting to see what Vader does in Rogue One as I posted before, but so far, without Rogue One's addition to the Canon, Vader is looking like a frigging saint compared to Arcann's list of atrocities.

Well, Vader went and murdered a school full of super powered children.

Some of this would depend on one's perspective however.

Arcann is basically at war. A war his father started and a war he continued. Bombarding a planet trying to kill the enemy? It's not like that hasn't happened int he real world...bomb that city or bomb that weapon manufacturing plant, never mind that there are civilians working there, just trying to make a living to support their families.

Vader wasn't exactly at war, unless one considers it the start of the war and a preemptive strike against the Republics future weapons?

I think it is important here to remember that while Vader was redeemed, he also died, so we did not get to see what would have happend to him after the rebellion was succesful, I find it very hard to belive that even if Luke thought his farther had come back that the rest of reble command would have thought that was enough, especially considering what happend to Alderaan as well as all the other things Vader did.

While there would likely be many who would go VADER IS EVIL! This is the Star Wars universe, where the people look at force users differently for the most part.

Well, Vader went and murdered a school full of super powered children.

Some of this would depend on one's perspective however.

Arcann is basically at war. A war his father started and a war he continued. Bombarding a planet trying to kill the enemy? It's not like that hasn't happened int he real world...bomb that city or bomb that weapon manufacturing plant, never mind that there are civilians working there, just trying to make a living to support their families.

Vader wasn't exactly at war, unless one considers it the start of the war and a preemptive strike against the Republics future weapons?

He did indeed kill the younglings by his own hand, but how many schools did arcann blow up on those 5 worlds?

Its a fair point about real world but Arcann blew up those 5 worlds to simply draw the outlander out of hiding.

While there would likely be many who would go VADER IS EVIL! This is the Star Wars universe, where the people look at force users differently for the most part.

Remember that at this point it's been 20+ years since the Jedi were well known. Luke had never heard of them, Han and that poor guy force choked in IV consider it a old fashioned religion.

They absolutely would have held a war crimes trial for Vader had he survived. He might have gotten some sympathy and a reduced sentence for killing the Emperor, but he'd have gone to some kind of prison

in Arcanns defense( I sort of do not like his character btw), who knows what terrible terrible things Lana has done before we knew her. She could have been just as bad or worse than Arcann..just sayin

So did every sith . Malgus , Marr....and so on .

Yet peoples worship them none the less .