This level scaling is flat out unacceptable and I want it changed. Now.

SirCopperfield

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's skip the introductions. You know who I am and yes, I'm back.

It's been awhile since I've been this angry so I'm going to get right to the point. The fact that I just traveled to Tatooine and had my level scaled back to 32 is flat out unacceptable! I did not work this hard to have my powers "scaled" back because you deem the planet to be of lower level.

Is this Star Wars or Super Mario Brothers? Why are you catering to the casual PVE gamer?

I'm one of the most famous MMO gamers in the world and you risk losing me if this doesn't change.

You have 72 hours.

-Sir Copperfield.

While I do think the level Scaling is a good thing in general I can also see how annoying it is at other times. I wouldn't want them to change it completely. I think a great addition would be to allow a check box in settings to allow it. That way when you are helping out a lower level friend or family member it's nice. And when you are just cruising around farming or just wanting to feel like a bad arse on lower level NPC's you can turn it off.

So maybe if Devs won't completely remove it maybe they can make it a changeable thing.

As someone who started pre-level sync and was completely worried about it, this is such a pointless thing. They need to fix it in terms of Baras and Thanaton getting their own instance (maybe a special space station for the Dark Council) so they stop being pathetically easy to curb stomp.

Level sync was a good change for the game- the only thing they should do is fix bosses in areas that are affected and alter flashpoints so that an originally low level flashpoint stays that and people get sync-ed down. Not every flashpoint needs to be a highest level possible.

I don't really see the appeal of going back into lower level content, pre-sync, just so you can smush it into the dirt. You haven't achieved anything- you just were a higher level. It's like a level 10 going up against a 65 on Fleet, utterly pointless and without merit and the 65 hasn't got anything to feel special about.

Level sync was a good change for the game- the only thing they should do is fix bosses in areas that are affected and alter flashpoints so that an originally low level flashpoint stays that and people get sync-ed down. Not every flashpoint needs to be a highest level possible.

Then there would be no reason for level 60+ players to do any of the lower level tacticals in group because those could be easily soloed. Even currently most tacticals are easy to solo at level 65.

I've even done Battle of Rishi as tactical. While I did most of things correctly during last boss fight I died once: I forgot to click the console that activates the shield. On next attempt I remembered to click it. :D

Shield Squadron Unit 1:

Edited by Halinalle

It's been awhile since I've been this angry so I'm going to get right to the point. The fact that I just traveled to Tatooine and had my level scaled back to 32 is flat out unacceptable! I did not work this hard to have my powers "scaled" back because you deem the planet to be of lower level.

Is this Star Wars or Super Mario Brothers? Why are you catering to the casual PVE gamer?

I'm one of the most famous MMO gamers in the world and you risk losing me if this doesn't change.

You have 72 hours.

-Sir Copperfield.

HOW level sync works obviously escapes you.

Level sync does NOT influence your level, only damage output, damage taken and to hit chance.

If you are level 65, and is "scaled" down to level 12, you still have ALL the skills you learned, meaning you are sitll your "right" level, however on planets it scales down to match the damage output and hit chances on said planet.

Your level remains unchanged

You have 72 hours.

-Sir Copperfield.

I like the planet sync. Buh-bye!

Then there would be no reason for level 60+ players to do any of the lower level tacticals in group because those could be easily soloed. Even currently most tacticals are easy to solo at level 65.

I've even done Battle of Rishi as tactical. While I did most of things correctly during last boss fight I died once: I forgot to click the console that activates the shield. On next attempt I remembered to click it. :D

Shield Squadron Unit 1:

There is no reason to do them anyway. They don't even drop anything worth doing them.

And for "1: Operations, now that all operations have lv 65 mobs and bosses the gear they drop will be in relations to the max lv, 65. Before hand pre 4.0 the older operations like KP and EV would drop those black market 136 raiting worthless outdated gear, so no one would do them because of the outdated gear. From level sync it gets people to do the operations now."

That doesn't have anything to do with level sync. That is bolster and they could just widen the bracket of story mode ops to include 50-65, like they did.

And yea I can go low level planet and do "relevant" stuff, thou they aren't really relevant. Just something to do when bored. Down synced content is as easy as it ever was and max level content, besides some HM/Nim Ops are faceroll easy anyway.

Level sync is just to make old heroics "take longer" to grind for Alliance and whole alliance is useless anyway.

Anyway, successful troll OP. :rak_03:

There is no reason to do them anyway. They don't even drop anything worth doing them.

Not much else to do. Can't do TFB until it's in GF. I have to wait for Ravagers to be on GF but I wouldn't get invited anyways. Nobody does other ops. I haven't seen any groups forming for most ops apart from HM. And according to many players I'm too bad player for HM.

Not much else to do. Can't do TFB until it's in GF. I have to wait for Ravagers to be on GF but I wouldn't get invited anyways. Nobody does other ops. I haven't seen any groups forming for most ops apart from HM. And according to many players I'm too bad player for HM.

Sent you a PM.

Andryah...why are you responding to the well known troll and his bait? You're slipping.

Because he is well known of course, at least to old timers here. :)

Plus.. I generally will respond to "ultimatums" when someone slathers one in the forums. And he layed one up here, even though I know he is not really serious. :D

The core challenge for Sir C though is that his audience has changed over time and there is less embracing of his antics in today's forum. He's just not going to get the same forum embrace that he has in the past, IMO.

Edited by Andryah

The core challenge for Sir C though is that his audience has changed over time and there is less embracing of his antics in today's forum. He's just not going to get the same forum embrace that he has in the past, IMO.
Um...he already has.

Watching people get overly emotional about video game topics never gets old.

Um...he already has.

Watching people get overly emotional about video game topics never gets old.

Enjoyable as always, I ate my sausage, cheese and egg biscuit much faster than anticipated reading the posts that came in over night. Now, I'm going to go get overly emotional over not having another biscuit.

Everyone just needs to understand where I'm coming from. I've been playing MMO's since 1995 when I stormed Lord British's castle in Ultima Online, killing the King and earning a lifetime ban from all Ultima games.

I don't play these games just to play. I play them to dominate. I play them to enhance my legacy.

When I go to a planet and have my level scaled back, it's a slap in the face to the time I've put in. Bioware has a little over 48 hours to change this. I trust they will make the right decision.

Also, let me apologize in advance to those who will be upset when they take the servers down to make the change. I know the weekend is upon us, but this is important.

-Sir Copperfield.

Please allow me to quote a post of interest:

Hello Mr. Copperfield, this is your psychiatrist.

I have told you in the past and just last session also, about going out in public and speaking to people about your delusions in your head about what you think are. We have talked about this before and this is why I am still keeping a close watch on you. I told you, other people might not be on board with how you think and feel. Especially if you have no basis of fact for these claims.

You have told me about your past with no evidence, no basis for matter of fact nor any type of credentials whatsoever. When you first came to me and told me these things I will admit, as a professional in the field of psychology, I was stunned that somebody could be so deluded to the point they were fooling themselves. I made tapes of how I could help you and find of ways to stop you from telling people that you were a self proclaimed god and to see you as somebody you were not.

Rest assured the time has come now for us to have a chat back at my office. I am here Monday - Friday as you know all too well. You told me in our previous visit that you had dreams about aspiring to be a greater force in what you call (life) and thought these dreams were visions where you were revered and felt great and holy because of them. I was..conflicted about what you rambled on about and you told me and I quote you "I feel as those around me are so pathetic and filthy they don't deserve to walk in my shadow." I was interested in what you had to say even moreso.

I look forward to more of our sessions so we can finally find out what makes you tick and have these massive delusions around you thinking you are more than you are. It's not healthy to keep telling yourself these things let alone telling others. You need to stop letting that part of your brain and thought process control you and start to be more highly productive, positive and realistic for the better part of your life.

Remember what we talked about in our sessions. I look forward to speaking with you to do some more therapy and rid these disturbing delusions of grandeur from your mind. I shall continue to keep close tabs on you and look forward to our next session!

Sincerely,

Your Psychiatrist

P.S. - Please take your medicine. It's good for you! :)

Edited by Deewe

Wait... You aren't actually sticking around that whole time are you? Or worse hanging around the fleet like you always used to?

As someone who had the misfortune of playing on the same server as you. I can say you will not be missed by the majority of people.

Guess I'll play on JC for a couple days just to be safe.

Edited by ChadSkywalkur