KOTET speculation

DeltaBos

Does anyone else have a feeling that Thexan's going to be coming back in KOTET. I think that's what Valk's been off doing since chapter 12. Thexan is certainly the most balanced of his kids, and I wouldn't be surprised if Valk had him recovering somewhere else, grooming him for the throne. Considering all the little references towards him: "Wonder how things would be different if Arcann's brother took the throne," "Imagine, the three of us ruling this empire as it was meant to be ruled," etc. Writers don't usually throw little comments like that unless they getting the resurrection card ready. What do you guys think about Thexan's possible return?

I think it is almost a given that Thexan will make a return. Here is a stick to help stir this pot. Thexan is stabbed in the gut by Arcann with a live Valkorion in the room. Chapter 8 if you refused the help, Arcann stabs you in the gut and ghost Valkorion saves you . Hmmmm I wonder why a live father wouldn't save his son but would choose to save someone else . :)

I think it is almost a given that Thexan will make a return. Here is a stick to help stir this pot. Thexan is stabbed in the gut by Arcann with a live Valkorion in the room. Chapter 8 if you refused the help, Arcann stabs you in the gut and ghost Valkorion saves you . Hmmmm I wonder why a live father wouldn't save his son but would choose to save someone else . :)

That's exactly my point. While it can be argued that Valkorian let Thexan go because he did not take "initiative" like Arcann, Valk isn't the type to just let any resource go to waste. The most logical conclusion I see is that Valk moved Thexan somewhere else to work on a separate project, hence in chapter 12 "there are other matters to which I must attend." Although this is WAY WAY WAY off into the future, I could see Thexan being used as a way of uniting the family behind a semi-sane figure to keep everyone in order, and possibly even to oppose Valk.

All my jokes aside (although I do kind of feel that way), I just don't see Thexan making a comeback. He's out of the picture. Bringing him back would raise SO MANY QUESTIONS. How did he survive? Where has he been? Why didn't he try to come back? Why is he back now? Why would he want to help us at all? If he did come back, it would most likely be as an enemy at worst, a temporary ally at the best. Either way, I would NOT trust him. He comes from a family of mentally unstable snakes who turn on each other faster than you can drop a hat. Seriously, if he did survive that stab-wound, his life expectancy probably shot through the roof as soon as he got off planet.

I think we're more likely to have to deal with Vaylin being a crazy ruler, and also having to deal with Arcaan returning either as a very reluctant ally if we tried to kill him (is it confirmed that we kill Senya if we shoot them down?) or as a non-trustworthy ally (if we decided to spare him). But even if he or Thexan DID come back and want to help us, why would we accept either of their help? Why should we believe that they actually want to help? They tore their way through the Empire and Republic, massacring countless people and bulldozing planets! Working with either of them would just seem like a terrible idea! Not to mention the fact that Arcaan essentially stole five years of the Outlander's life! NOT COOL, MAN.

I really hope he doesn't come back as a living character. That would undermine the emotional weight of the Sacrifice Trailer and undermine Arcann and Senya's character development. Maybe he could come back as a Force Ghost for Arcann's final scene in a kind of
sort of moment.

It's an interesting theory. I just have to ask, as someone else did, what would be the point of him being alive?

Instead of a legend who died as the "good" in contrast to Arcann's "bad," he'd end up a very human character, with flaws.

Sure, he could probably lead the throne better than anyone else in the Valk family, but then, what's the point of you being groomed for the throne?

My reaction to Thexan coming back and taking the throne?

TAKE IT! THIS PLACE IS INSANE AND YOUR FAMILY IS CRAZY!

The citizens are naive, gullible lemmings.

The royals are completely ******* insane.

And everyone else are either incompetent seemingly infinite droids, or competent duplicitous AI.

I think Thexan has been there all the way.

Thexan has "possessed" the outlander, a powerful hero ( even here non force classes have heroic moment and other close to force sensitive abilities, just not any force use training)

This is one way to explain the interest by Valkarion to to "help" the outlander, only he knows, I even think Valyn never knew.

Also then it makes sense that senya joins, not just becuse she had lost her husband ( long ago) but she had lost a son, by another son

With a possessed outlander and senya possibly knowing this ( Valkarion may have told her through a vision)

then senya being a friend and ally makes sense, but also her allways reluctance to "kill" Arcann and valyn.

So if Thenxan is "alive" I think he lives inside and through the outlander

I doubt he's coming back. Charles Boyd is still head writer and he said Thexan's dead. Doubt he would change his mind so fast.

Plus, I fully expect Arcann to act essentially like Thexan after getting redeemed by Senya and stuff. Maybe he will come back as force ghost and interact with Arcann, but I doubt actual return.

Edited by Pietrastor