screw your and your Cartel Hypercrates

banimoka

*** is this ? are u selling armor & weapons or not ?

i wanted to buy an armor off GTN that costs 60.000.000 credits and i bought a hypercrate so i can sell the contents and afford to buy

guess what ? i only got 20.000.000. credits off the **** pack

if u think i am going to buy 15.000 cartel coins to afford the prices on GTN u have another thing coming

screw you bioware , and EA !

So, let me get this straight. You gambled and are upset that your gamble wasn't as lucrative as you had hoped?

Just keep earning the credits in game over time to get what you want, or sell the packs instead of opening them. Or sell the hypercrates.

Whatever you do, please take the infantile temper tantrum somewhere else.

I read him as saying he sold the hypercrate for 20 million, not each individual item he got from opening one. Either way, probably should have checked the market for the crate and it's potentially highest value contents before purchasing it with the intention to flip it and get the armor set.

I call this happy ending. The OP learned that gambling is bad and that hypercrates contain mostly junk.

Exactly!

OP...you simply can not whine about the CM after you just supported the CM...it makes you look silly.

I read him as saying he sold the hypercrate for 20 million, not each individual item he got from opening one. Either way, probably should have checked the market for the crate and it's potentially highest value contents before purchasing it with the intention to flip it and get the armor set.

Same way I read it as well.

As for the alleged 60M credit armor on the GTN... ummm.. you either have the money or you don't. Even then, what exactly is worth 60M credits? I could buy a dozen of them personally at that price, but I never would. NOTHING is worth that asking price in this game. Patience generally will reward you with a lower price on the market... and if not.. then again... why do you need it so bad you will trade 60M credits for it with another player in game?

Wealthy people in game are wealthy because they spend INSIDE their income curve. If your costs are high, then you need to create an income curve that is higher. And no.. the cartel packs is NOT the best way these days. There are other items from the CM that could generate more revenue per CC spent. You just have to find the niches for your server.

Edited by Andryah

First do you always act like this when things do not go as you seem to require they do. Second where does it say ANYWHERE that it is guaranteed that you will make obscene amounts of money from the packs you buy? Edited by _Johnshepard

*** is this ? are u selling armor & weapons or not ?
No, they are not. They are selling us chances to acquire armor and weapons.

i wanted to buy an armor off GTN that costs 60.000.000 credits and i bought a hypercrate so i can sell the contents and afford to buy
I can relate. Last week, I tried to trade a tuna fish sandwich for a Mercedes. Turns out that a tuna fish sandwich isn't worth the same as a Mercedes. Perhaps if I had added a slice of tomato. Either way ... the dealer told me I needed a lot more tuna fish sandwiches before he would make that deal ... a lot more. Next time, I'll research the worth of a tuna fish sandwich before trying to trade one for something expensive. Lesson learned.

guess what ? i only got 20.000.000. credits off the **** pack
How is that EA/BW's fault? They don't control the players' sale prices. They don't control the players' buy prices. Maybe you're better response would have been to send curt but sharply worded in-game mails to whomever posted the item for 60 million and the player who purchased your stuff for 20 million.

if u think i am going to buy 15.000 cartel coins to afford the prices on GTN u have another thing coming
Well, dang. Now, I have Iron Maiden's "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" in my head. :(

screw you bioware , and EA !
Am I the only one who read this and heard Cartman from South Park? Mentally adding the "... I'm going home," of course. Edited by Thoronmir

this is about the fact that u are forced to buy hypercrates

- currently u cannot buy sets / weapons u want

- u're only option is to " gable hypercrates " in the hopes u get credits

- and is an armor set / weapon is not worth 50.000.000 credits but what other choice u have ?

- if anyone at Bioware / Ea thinks i'm going to buy multiple Hypercrates just so i can afford that stupid armor set on GTN they are wrong , i am not buying those **** packs ever again

- and is an armor set / weapon is not worth 50.000.000 credits but what other choice u have ?

- if anyone at Bioware / Ea thinks i'm going to buy multiple Hypercrates just so i can afford that stupid armor set on GTN they are wrong , i am not buying those **** packs ever again

No. The problem here is that you want it and want it now. Go get the credits doing heroics, crew skills, etc. With enough time you will have enough.

Btw what item on what server?

Edited by azudelphi

Question: Why is some Armor set so important to you? The important thing about an Armor set is how you modify it. Other wise its just all astithics. The look of the armor has nothing to do with your toon or its stats.

No, you're not. As other posters have said, there are better uses for CCs than crates if your goal is to sell items for credits.

Yep.

Nope. See above. Lots of ways to earn credits without buying crates.

To go without. If an item is, in your opinion, overpriced, then don't buy it. If your opinion turns out to be correct, no one will buy the item and the seller will likely repost at a lower price (eventually). I think another poster counseled patience when buying from the GTN. That's good advice.

Again, lots of ways to acquire credits without buying crates, so, no, I doubt anyone at EA/BW thinks you're going to buy multiple hypercrates. They may think you'll spend CC on something else you can sell for credits. And, by the way, I agree that buying hypercrates is a poor strategy for players seeking to acquire wealth ... which is why I don't buy them either.

You just have to find the niches for your server.

Or buy stuff on a busy server for a cheap price, stick it on a toon that you're using a free transfer on, sell it at stupid prices on a quieter server. Gain a few refer a friends for some free cc, send toon back.

Profit. :D

No. The problem here is that you want it and want it now.

ofc i want it now , ... isn't that what the cartel market is for ? u want armor -> pay , u want weapons -> pay

Go get the credits doing heroics, cr ew skills, etc. With enough time you will have enough.

- that will literally take me 4-5 months , which is stupid

Btw what item on what server?

- revan's *********** **** armor

ofc i want it now , ... isn't that what the cartel market is for ? u want armor -> pay , u want weapons -> pay

If only it were that simple...but it isn't. The packs are random. Sometimes you get utter ****, other times you score exactly what you want. I wish it were like you thought it was...but it isn't...they make more on people spending extra for more chances than they do on direct sales.

- that will literally take me 4-5 months , which is stupid

- revan's *********** **** armor

No, that's not what the cartel market is for; other than the sets they do offer directly for cartel coins. The packs are a method of adding items to the in game inventory at a statistic rate they choose. Low rate items of higher desirability drive the purchase of packs up and the cost of the item on the GTN goes up as a result. Honestly, your best bets are to be patient in some regard.... get credits over time, wait for a sale of the pack that had the set, wait for the item to be a featured direct sale item, wait for a lowered cost on the gtn, etc.

Dropping censored profanities because things aren't going the way you'd like because of incorrect assumptions won't win anyone over to your way of thinking.

Edited by azudelphi

So, let me get this straight. You gambled and are upset that your gamble wasn't as lucrative as you had hoped?

Just keep earning the credits in game over time to get what you want, or sell the packs instead of opening them. Or sell the hypercrates.

Whatever you do, please take the infantile temper tantrum somewhere else.

Exactly. The guy came here, didn't like the experience he got with wasting his money, and now he's probably going ot have a "temper tantrum" to all his friends, preventing them from playing the game and therefore losing potential customers for bioware.

But hey at least Bioware got money right? But a lot less than if he subbed, told all his friends how awesome the game was and his friends subbed too.

This "temper tantrum" is a loss for everyone.

Nonsense, complete and total nonsense.

You have forfeited all credibility on the topic now.

Iv'e never purchased any crate, much less a hypercrate, and I have every piece of armor/wapons/etc I could ever want from packs. AND since I buy early... I don't have to deal with price surges on very rare and high demand items from the CM.

Edited by Andryah

Exactly. The guy came here, didn't like the experience he got with wasting his money, and now he's probably going ot have a "temper tantrum" to all his friends, preventing them from playing the game and therefore losing potential customers for bioware.

But hey at least Bioware got money right? But a lot less than if he subbed, told all his friends how awesome the game was and his friends subbed too.

This "temper tantrum" is a loss for everyone.

He didn't even waste his money... he got 20 mil credits after opening a hypercrate. That's far from the case where people get almost nothing from that strategy. The complaint is that the contents weren't worth 60 mil... I mean... come on.

Edited by azudelphi