Ummm...Early Accesss not working...??

Bristol

Musco, with all due respect. And you'll likely push this off, as I'm just a user. And that inane disrespect frustrates me so. The fact that a voice may be ignored due to not simply wanting to listen.

http://i.imgur.com/7MMcSUl.png

You made a mistake. You have own up to it. Your company does. I don't want to continue subscribing to a company that is outwardly disingenuous and lies but doesn't even try to fix it.

I come from a position of administrating a fairly popular community website for roleplayers on this game with over two thousand registered users. I imagine, and would wager, that a lot of them would second that line of thought. And just so we're in the clear, this does affect the overall image of Bioware as a whole. Lying, whether or not by ignorance of circumstance, as a company, does -not- make it better.

Yeah,

Looking at what was written as helpfully screen captured.

I was a sub on July 1st so in Bens words Players (thats me) who qualified for early access by being a sub on July 1 will have early access to the chapter on August 9, So I qualify for early access.

I am a sub which means I should be able to play the chapter.

I should have early access and I should be able to play the chapter but I can't. Was Ben lying? Is it a Bug? Whats going on? Why is this not a known issue?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, while I find that to be a tad unfair, and they should have just made it the 28th, I can't really argue with them, guess I wait till the 11th.

That´s unfair so Ben should have wrote July 1st, not July 28, Still they owe us an apology for THEIR MISTAKE, since they told us two different dates

I was also tricked into subscribing for the early access by what was apparently a "typo". Can't say I'm pleased and the way BW just shrugs this off is what really grates my nerves.

The way they are treating their customers with this game lets me completely lose any faith I had left in BW and makes me consider to never buy a game from them again. It's not for the 2 days of waiting longer, it's all about making a false promise and not owning up to that mistake.

I have no clue how that typo made it to the forums, as even on the livestream they clearly stated that you had to be subbed on the 1st of July to get early acess and then also clariied somewhere when it was pushed back that as long as you were originally qualified, aka sub on the 1st, you got early access.

for those who should have been qualified for it, but arent send in a ticket, though i doubt that they will fix it, since it goes live for everyone soon.

I was also tricked into subscribing for the early access by what was apparently a "typo". Can't say I'm pleased and the way BW just shrugs this off is what really grates my nerves.

The way they are treating their customers with this game lets me completely lose any faith I had left in BW and makes me consider to never buy a game from them again. It's not for the 2 days of waiting longer, it's all about making a false promise and not owning up to that mistake.

Does it not count as a scam/false advertising/fraudulent marketing?

I was a sub on the 1st I have a poster to show it and I am a sub now and yet I don't have early access.

Makes the post by Ben Irving stating 'Although we are moving the date, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that you will not have any access issues when the time comes' a little misleading.

So I put in a CS ticket last night when I found I could access it. Good bet is that it will be ignored until the 11th and then some 'droid' or copy and paste will say we can't find a problem.

But then I guess what Ben meant to say is 'Although we are moving the date, we want to reassure you that we will ignore any issues you with any access when the time comes for 2 days or so.' Damn typos cropping up time and time again.

Edited by Costello

ClaytonL has the correct answer. That was a typo, and I apologize that it made it to this point and none of us caught it. If you would not have qualified for Early Access in July, you don't for this launch date either. Ben's last bullet should have said the 11th, not the 9th. That would reflect launch of the Chapter, not Early Access. I will get that corrected immediately to avoid any further confusion.

-eric

Edit: Also, to clarify that last point. That does mean you will get access on the 11th, on the official launch of the Chapter.

Eric i was sub 1st of July and I am sub now. Please give me the early access chapter that was promised to me... All of my guild played it except me and i was waiting for today for so long... Please fix this!!! I was a sub 1st of July! Still am... :'(