Ummm...Early Accesss not working...??

Bristol

ClaytonL has the correct answer. That was a typo, and I apologize that it made it to this point and none of us caught it. If you would not have qualified for Early Access in July, you don't for this launch date either. Ben's last bullet should have said the 11th, not the 9th. That would reflect launch of the Chapter, not Early Access. I will get that corrected immediately to avoid any further confusion.

-eric

Edit: Also, to clarify that last point. That does mean you will get access on the 11th, on the official launch of the Chapter.

So, we subscribe before July 28th to be eligible for the Early Access (as per your words), then comes the launch day and you retroactively take back your offer? Can I retroactively take back my money?

I did suspect there might have been a typo there, so I literally checked in with the customer service in regards to the issue, and yesterday they told me I would be eligible for the early access, however I am not, apparently. (See ticket 29152156).

That's the same as saying "Hey guys, subscribe by July 28th and get 500 CCs and the chapter on 11th of August!", but then never give out the CCs. I hope your team is working on a fix at the moment, otherwise I see some problems.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People who had early access to begin with, despite the typo still have it as far as I know.

well it isnt working for me . I'm getting a small window that send me to my account here and nothing else .

Edit: Nvm , I think I subbed the 12 and it say the 1st..so not eligible .

Edited by SerraShar

OK.

I was also expecting early access due to the typo(and skim reading), but it's my fault for being so disappointed. I should have prepared myself for possible disappointment knowing BWs history. Next time I wont be so stupid! Either way the chaper will be good.

Can the devs let us know if the plan is to ignore this issue until the 11th and then delete the thread?

Aside from everything else it seems the delay in launching the chapter (from the 28th) has caused confusion and issues with some players early access.

Can they please explain. If I was subbed on the first and got the HK poster and were subbed on the 26th or 28th July or the 9th of August should you be getting early access?

Is there any reason that you wouldn't be getting early access if you have received the HK poster and are subbed right now?

Is this caused by the early roll out of chapter 16 and early access will be available normal time tomorrow (or today for some people)?

Confused: If I subscribed TODAY, would I not also get access on August 11?

Why the need to make a specific clarification about the specific date of July 28...??

Well I was hoping,

Since it was originally scheduled to be released on July 28 but got delayed; that they were granting access to it for those of us who were subbed at that time but not subbed now.

ClaytonL has the correct answer. That was a typo, and I apologize that it made it to this point and none of us caught it. If you would not have qualified for Early Access in July, you don't for this launch date either. Ben's last bullet should have said the 11th, not the 9th. That would reflect launch of the Chapter, not Early Access. I will get that corrected immediately to avoid any further confusion.

-eric

Edit: Also, to clarify that last point. That does mean you will get access on the 11th, on the official launch of the Chapter.

Musco, with all due respect. And you'll likely push this off, as I'm just a user. And that inane disrespect frustrates me so. The fact that a voice may be ignored due to not simply wanting to listen.

http://i.imgur.com/7MMcSUl.png

You made a mistake. You have own up to it. Your company does. I don't want to continue subscribing to a company that is outwardly disingenuous and lies but doesn't even try to fix it.

I come from a position of administrating a fairly popular community website for roleplayers on this game with over two thousand registered users. I imagine, and would wager, that a lot of them would second that line of thought. And just so we're in the clear, this does affect the overall image of Bioware as a whole. Lying, whether or not by ignorance of circumstance, as a company, does -not- make it better.

-eric

"Players subscribed as of July 28th, will be granted access to Chapter XVI when it goes live on August 9th."

First you say early acess go to people who subscribed before July 28, I subscribed on July 7 , so Why I cant play my chapter??????

Edited by RexRuiz

"Players subscribed as of July 28th, will be granted access to Chapter XVI when it goes live on August 9th."

First you say early acess go to people who subscribed before July 28, I subscribed on July 7 , so Why I cant play my chapter??????

That's my question as well .

I subbed the 12 . So if that statement still stand from this ''Ben''...what the hell ?

That's what the front Page say about early access : All Subscribers as of July 1 will receive Early Access to 'The Battle of Odessen' on August 9.

So if you Sub after July 1 , you don't get early Access . :(

Thank you, while I find that to be a tad unfair, and they should have just made it the 28th, I can't really argue with them, guess I wait till the 11th.