Which species is impossible to become sith?

Ildun

Something like the opposite of sith pureblood jedi? Never before one of them fall to dark side and become sith or it is hard to imagine they become sith?

At first I think of Miraluka, later I remember Jerec is Miraluka :(

By the way I wish Bioware will introduce Hutt as playable species. I really want to see they use force leap :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sith pure bloods can be jedi.

just saying. and I don't mean just in terms of gameplay, I mean there literally exist sith pureblood jedi in a story.

the only species I would imagine as impossible are the species that have no force connection whatsoever. do those even exist though.

Something like the opposite of sith pureblood jedi? Never before one of them fall to dark side and become sith or it is hard to imagine they become sith?

At first I think of Miraluka, later I remember Jerec is Miraluka :(

By the way I wish Bioware will introduce Hutt as playable species. I really want to see they use force leap :D

Basically, none of the species within the SW Galaxy.

Pure-blood and human are the Empire's "preferred" races with all others seen as being inferior. But there is a fundamental rule that runs against that, which is that any individual with the power and the strength of Will to seize and hold power will become Sith, assuming they go to Korriban, go through the training, and so on.

So in order for a species to be completely unable to become Sith, the species itself would have to be totally incapable of using the Force. The only such that I can remember from the books I have read is the Yuuzhan Vong (iirc, as they come from outside the Galaxy, they are incompatible with using the Force).

The only species I would imagine as impossible are the species that have no force connection whatsoever. Do those even exist though?

The Yuuzhan-Vong would probably be one species that meets that criteria.

Bear in mind that they're part of the EU, rather than the original Lucas canon, so there tends to be some disagreement on whether such a thing as a non sensitive species can exist at all.

are there any droid jedi/sith? not strictly a race but in SW they don't really differ that much.

stressing the SW force nature - i wonder since droids could be theoretically build from organic materials and possibly even use artificial cells as a base construction material in order to be able to more easily self repair and therefor the distinction between droid and actual living being is fluid - meaning logically it should be possible to have a species without any force connection.

then again the rakata build machines that run on the force so i guess there isn't really a barrier that prevents artificial constructs to use the force. hmm, though weren't they wiped out basically by the force turning against them or something? guess the force didn't wanted to be ensalved in such a way and did drive a light vs dark conflict ever since such that the wars always ensuring that more technology is lost then developed. therefore force > tech. well, that's just my explanation why the galaxy hasn't evolved any bit over such horrendous amounts of time...

so guess no force using droids unless the rakata left any.

Edited by TheKilltech

Whatever Yoda is, since we have only seen 3 of them and they were all Jedi.

It's one of those things that (Thankfully) they will never reveal. Always nice to have a universe with some mystery.

Nevertheless, all three members of his species known (Yoda, Yaddle, and Vandar) were either Grandmasters or Council Members too. It is possible their species could be either rare or highly reclusive, highly force sensitive, or able to attune only to the lightside, or a variety of other possibilities.

~ Eudoxia

Within the playable species in SWTOR, which one rarely become a sith?

You know, with all the metrics Bio has on hand, I wonder if they'd consider posting a breakdown of races/classes. That might be interesting to see. :D

Personally, I see very few Togruta as Sith. By 'Sith' I mean playing as an Inquisitor or Warrior. I've seen quite a few as Agents and Bounty Hunters though.

Technically, from a player standpoint, any race can be any class, as long as they're willing to either grind that race to 50 to unlock it, or purchase it from the CM. If you're wondering about a lore reason within the story of the game itself, I've no idea which would be the least likely to be a Sith. That would be something Bioware might have some insight on, if they haven't already addressed it. Might be a good question to toss at them during a Q&A or Cantina event/convention.

And in KotOR and in this game some of them still have residual force sensitivity.

It's also explained that the Star Forge is what did this to them, as Revan sensed the true unimaginable power of the Star Forge and only drew on part of its power, while Malak attempted to draw on all of it.

Furthermore, Hyperdrives were adapted from force-powered Rakatan hyperdrives.

~ Eudoxia

It's one of those things that (Thankfully) they will never reveal. Always nice to have a universe with some mystery.

Nevertheless, all three members of his species known (Yoda, Yaddle, and Vandar) were either Grandmasters or Council Members too. It is possible their species could be either rare or highly reclusive, highly force sensitive, or able to attune only to the lightside, or a variety of other possibilities.

~ Eudoxia

Oteg...but that still proves your point...;)

~ Eudoxia

Don't hold your breath. Palpatine's first name used to be right up there with Yoda's species as thing that will never be revealed.

Cut to Disney taking a sheev on all that.

To the droid question, it may be possible for a droid to use the Force. I can't remember exact details but in Coruscant Nights we have I5-YQ a protocol droid that's been heavily modified and never wiped to the point where he's achieved sentience. I'm fairly sure I remember the Jedi protagonist at one point remarking that he could actually feel I5 in the Force (it was after some big event, indicating that the droid may have surpassed even artificial intelligence and become a legitimate life form). Anyway it seemed to hint that droids transcending that barrier may be a thing.

Slight segue

And Oteg.... as previously mentioned.

My question is Does anyone know the name of the one in the holocron that the JC searches out on Coruscant?

Within the playable species in SWTOR, which one rarely become a sith?

Hard to tell, since so many of them wear masks. :p

But I think given how the non-traditional species have to be unlocked for Sith classes first, with either cartel coins, credits or another level 50 character, those are rarer than others. So I think light-side zabrak might be on that list, along with Mirialan. (I wouldn't be surprised if Chiss were also rarer than the traditional species.)

Slight segue

And Oteg.... as previously mentioned.

My question is Does anyone know the name of the one in the holocron that the JC searches out on Coruscant?

That's also Vandar.

Also, no one mentioned Minch, who was responsible for the darkside cave on Dagobah.

Edited by neoraFIVE

But I think given how the non-traditional species have to be unlocked for Sith classes first, with either cartel coins, credits or another level 50 character, those are rarer than others. So I think light-side zabrak might be on that list, along with Mirialan. (I wouldn't be surprised if Chiss were also rarer than the traditional species.)

I believe Chiss as Jedi/Sith trained force-users were/are rare according to the lore, but that could be from the Ascendancy not being Republic nor part of the Empire at the time of this game (thus why a lot of people are interesting in the LS Jedi Chiss).

Pureblood Sith are rarely not Force Sensitive, because the ones who aren't are usually killed, also in the lore.

That being said, I don't remember seeing a Cathar Sith NPC, just one Cathar Imperial Soldier NPC.

~ Eudoxia

Even Yoda showed signs of knowing dark side secrets and hinted at having used the techniques before because well, forbidden knowledge is great to use against an enemy whom uses it because you can find the weaknesses and counter them, so ya they can become sith, but due to their short stature it is likely they would be the first to die on Koriban, or accidentally sat on and killed, or drop kicked into monsters, or something else.

Original Sith are Dark side creatures, so SPb are born with strong connection to the DS.

And at the same time Miralukas are born with strong connection to LS, coz they can see the Force within living creatures(you may say they see the life itself within everyone). So its basically hard for them to choose DS: it's against there philosophy.

So I think the opposite to Sith Pureblood are Miraluka, but still both races can choose opposite side due to certain things that might happen at there life.

Edited by Eres

I believe Chiss as Jedi/Sith trained force-users were/are rare according to the lore, but that could be from the Ascendancy not being Republic nor part of the Empire at the time of this game (thus why a lot of people are interesting in the LS Jedi Chiss).

Pureblood Sith are rarely not Force Sensitive, because the ones who aren't are usually killed, also in the lore.

That being said, I don't remember seeing a Cathar Sith NPC, just one Cathar Imperial Soldier NPC.

Thrawn explicitly states that there are nothing like force-users in the ascendancy in Outbound Flight. But that was years before this game too, and the Chiss are highly reclusive.

There is one pureblood sith in the inquisitor storyline who is not force sensitive, and in the dialogue option 3 in one of the conversations you have with her, you ask about it.

And I don't think I've seen any Cathar Jedi other than Juhani, either.

~ Eudoxia

Thrawn explicitly states that there are nothing like force-users in the ascendancy in Outbound Flight. But that was years before this game too, and the Chiss are highly reclusive.

There is one pureblood sith in the inquisitor storyline who is not force sensitive, and in the dialogue option 3 in one of the conversations you have with her, you ask about it.

And I don't think I've seen any Cathar Jedi other than Juhani, either.

~ Eudoxia

There's one Cathar Jedi on Tython. The Flash Raider Baby Mission ends by giving him the Flesh Raider Baby.

I remember the PB Inq in Agent Voss story, I just don't seem to remember what all she said. *goes watch the scene again* She doesn't specify much except that she's one of a few, but the Voss like her coloration, so her lack of force ability wasn't a complete detraction to using her on Voss.

Thrawn's story takes place almost 3700 ish years after this game, so it's possible the Chiss have managed to find some method of "breeding out" the Force Sensitivity. There's a lot of "truths" that are up in the air now, and in this game Chiss aren't a default option for Sith or Jedi to follow the lore of Chiss Jedi/Sith being rare, if not nonexistent.