Dissapointed with the announcement

Aldael

First of all, don't take the title literally, I love the story aspect of the game, and I understand that the SW games panel was not the place to make an announcement other than what they did (new expansion/season 2 of kotfe) and i surely will play the expansion.

But on the cantina they could have announced in more detail, things about the expansion, and I haven't read ANYTHING that implies other news.

Any person who reads forum/fansites/fleet chat knew already they were launching expansion (not when, but we all could imagine) and that would imply new story content, but:

• No more group content [and I mean operations/flashpoints have been announced and with the state of the game for veteran players (new players have lots of content to do, but as we all know that is rehashed content) most of them will leave (temporally or permanent we will see)] or hint about it.
  • No new pvp content has been hinted (be that regular pvp, wz, arenas or GSF)
  • FALL 2016 is vague (fall starts at 23rd september and ends 21st december , and as experience dictates it would be near the last date than the first one)
  • No info at all if expansion will get us new level cap, or new skills.

The time for an announcement was in THIS event, Hype was raised because of convention and it would have countered the upcoming WoW expansion (at least by a bit, giving veterans players a reason to keep around or to be mostly sure to come back).

We can be SURE of one thing, expansion will have lots of new CC items and packs.

They'll release more info gradually. This is just to get people's little brains turning. But before that the forums will be flooded with anxiety posts, nervous breakdowns and conspiracy theory posts. Not to mention the overly emotionaly attached to digital characters posters "I need to know every detail of the story, spoilers included, if I'm going to decide on dropping $15" posts. Edited by kodrac

They'll release more info gradually. This is just to get people's little brains turning. But before that the forums will be flooded with anxiety posts, nervous breakdowns and conspiracy theory posts. Not to mention the overly emotionaly attached to digital characters posters "I need to know every detail of the story, spoilers included, if I'm going to decide on dropping $15" posts.

Conceivably more info could be released when the next producers live stream is around, probably sometime around the 10th of august. even if there is no info there, i doubt the team on the live stream will leave players hanging, they will need to announce when they plan to release the next bit of info over a livestream.

However i would imagine the new expac will be out around mid-late october because of the DvL event which ends around then. thats my guess.

they just CAN'T show us anything yet.

Chapter 16 and the end of season 1 is on the way, just imagine if they spoil you the season 2 while season one isn't even finished.

For example imagine you back a couple years in the past, it's early in august 1980 and you are going to see the Empire Strike Back in a couple of week, but wait ! A trailer for the Return of the Jedi come out and spoil you the main revelation of the movie !

So in other words : no spoil until at least 1 week after chapter 16 is out.

First of all, don't take the title literally, I love the story aspect of the game, and I understand that the SW games panel was not the place to make an announcement other than what they did (new expansion/season 2 of kotfe) and i surely will play the expansion.

But on the cantina they could have announced in more detail, things about the expansion, and I haven't read ANYTHING that implies other news.

Any person who reads forum/fansites/fleet chat knew already they were launching expansion (not when, but we all could imagine) and that would imply new story content, but:

• No more group content [and I mean operations/flashpoints have been announced and with the state of the game for veteran players (new players have lots of content to do, but as we all know that is rehashed content) most of them will leave (temporally or permanent we will see)] or hint about it.
  • No new pvp content has been hinted (be that regular pvp, wz, arenas or GSF)
  • FALL 2016 is vague (fall starts at 23rd september and ends 21st december , and as experience dictates it would be near the last date than the first one)
  • No info at all if expansion will get us new level cap, or new skills.

The time for an announcement was in THIS event, Hype was raised because of convention and it would have countered the upcoming WoW expansion (at least by a bit, giving veterans players a reason to keep around or to be mostly sure to come back).

We can be SURE of one thing, expansion will have lots of new CC items and packs.

Yes, it was vague. That was done on purpose. You know, they haven't even finished the current expansion, so there's no way they're going into fine detail at this point.

Not they ever do go into fine detail so early. We're just into Summer. I would expect more info in the late summer/early fall timeframe.

I know you want more info. Most of us do. But this stuff is always done on a particular schedule. This is just not the right time. What they did was fine. They gave some general info about the current game and then let everyone know that the game is not just sticking around, but also still expanding. Nothing at all wrong with this announcement.

Our biggest hope HAS to be that they made a significant amount of money with KotFE, to the degree that it justified developing a bigger expansion this time. They have done something different every time. Hopefully they have enough info to take the best, most well-received components and expand on those. Whatever they may be.

They'll release more info gradually. This is just to get people's little brains turning. But before that the forums will be flooded with anxiety posts, nervous breakdowns and conspiracy theory posts. Not to mention the overly emotionaly attached to digital characters posters "I need to know every detail of the story, spoilers included, if I'm going to decide on dropping $15" posts.

If by "They'll release more info gradually" you mean we will find out when dataminers pull it out since the BW staff feels like less information up to the launch date is better than any info as previous expansions have shown.

As the others have pointed out, its to keep the final chapter spoiler free of this expansion. We will probably get more info after a couple of weeks of the final chapter. The group content does not concern me at all and I hope the new expansion focuses more on the story to make it better. (Scope, lore, story telling, decisions, etc)

Well for starters with information not being released on content coming her is why:

1. Chapter 16 has not come out yet so that would be major spoilers, like when that 1 guy walked out of Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and says to the crowd waiting in line for the next screening of that movie saying.

"Hey Everyone Vader is Lukes father!!!!"

That guy would be mugged, killed, mutilated, and fed to pigs in that very order after saying that.

2. We also have the HK bonus chapter so there is so much they can say without spoilers so after chapter 16 hits, a week after or two we can see more info coming out.

As for PVP and other group content they have announced more being developed. This could be a spoiler for an event in chapter 16 as well depending on where it is placed, how its played, is it cross faction etc. So that's also explainable as to why the lack of details.

There could be many other factors but the real reason is spoilers of chapter 16. So just wait a bit.

EDIT: They really need to add a like button for the forum, so many post that i would press the like button to XD

Edited by josephxp

Conceivably more info could be released when the next producers live stream is around, probably sometime around the 10th of august. even if there is no info there, i doubt the team on the live stream will leave players hanging, they will need to announce when they plan to release the next bit of info over a livestream.

However i would imagine the new expac will be out around mid-late october because of the DvL event which ends around then. thats my guess.

They will probably just show the same video about their 5 year history, and then pat themselves on the back for being so awesome, and for giving us such awesomely spectacular content.

As far as new information goes, there wont be much. After all, they have already told us the name of the expansion, and that it will be season 2 of their attempt to bring us KotOR 3 in and online, subscription based, role playing game. Everything else that they could say will probably be labeled as being a spoiler, and will be kept under wraps until launch.