Stop the Imperial domination in PvP - The Harbinger

Seferot

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not that hard if you are an experienced pvper.

No matter how skilled you are, you're going to have a bad time as gunnery in lowbies solo. You rely on casts, you're immobile snd you're squishy. Same goes for all tank specs and heals.

Of course if you're good you'll be better off, but you will still be respawning a whole lot with a spec that's missing key abilities.

4/5 of times, Imperials win the warzone. Please for the love of god make it so the teams are always mixed in sides like in the Odessen warzone to stop them from winning almost every match due to uneven player skill.

Regards, a very salty Republic healer.

My Pub finished his weekly in two days on Harb. Lost three matches in the two days and that was playing solo. Feel free to hit my Shadow (Alpha-zen) up if you see him in game and we can roll together. Would be more than happy to queue with a pocket healer.

Odessen Warzone Rules --

1) Count the number of players on your team that are from the Republic. If 3 or more, you probably should leave the WZ before it begins. It's practically pointless.

2) When you see a Republic player grab a mod, you must assume they don't know what it does. So, feel free to tell them what to do. Beg them not to use the red buff when they are in the zone you have under control. Don't be surprised when they use it and cancel your own control point, then scream about how they don't like PvP and don't know what they do, and somehow it's your fault.

3) NEVER pass a mod buff to a Republic player, as per rule #2, they have no clue what to do with it.

4) NEVER waste time asking for a Republic player to pass you the buff. They don't know how.

5) Copy/paste Birdguano's message that killing players isn't how to win the game.

Good luck.

Odessen Warzone Rules --

1) Count the number of players on your team that are from the Republic. If 3 or more, you probably should leave the WZ before it begins. It's practically pointless.

2) When you see a Republic player grab a mod, you must assume they don't know what it does. So, feel free to tell them what to do. Beg them not to use the red buff when they are in the zone you have under control. Don't be surprised when they use it and cancel your own control point, then scream about how they don't like PvP and don't know what they do, and somehow it's your fault.

3) NEVER pass a mod buff to a Republic player, as per rule #2, they have no clue what to do with it.

4) NEVER waste time asking for a Republic player to pass you the buff. They don't know how.

5) Copy/paste Birdguano's message that killing players isn't how to win the game.

Good luck.

This was me, for about three weeks until some genius person actually explained what the battle mods do during that 1min start time at the beginning of the WZ. Then we proceeded to win. How's about teaching the new people what to do instead of just whinging that they don't know how. It goes a long way.

Some potential bad news on BC Imperial domination is like 80/95 percent.Heres the kicker...lol.Rumor is Harbinger might merge with BC with or around new expansion.So, Republic PVP ..LOL.RIP.But hey roll a imp shoot lightning out your arse everyone is did so meh.lol.Cheers and good hunting

In one match, I suddenly found myself having an icon floating over my character's head. I really, really didn't remember getting it - but I must've run through it, because that's the only logical eplanation.

I had to ask in the chat how to give it to others, because any method I tried - right-click, left-click, with pressed keys, didn't work. However, we won, because I was fast and had a good intuition which nodes to capture next. A really, really well trained intuition of worth a lot of gold in this map ! I was literally surprised that no-one tried to capture "my" node several times, apart from the usual PT ( which I had - to my surprise - defeated ).

Unfortunately, the Tutorial doesn't tell new players how *exactly* to give the buff to others or get rid of it completely. That's a kind of knowledge one ONLY gets through other players ( or by reading guides, I guess ).

Unfortunately, the Tutorial doesn't tell new players how *exactly* to give the buff to others or get rid of it completely. That's a kind of knowledge one ONLY gets through other players ( or by reading guides, I guess ).

because the shiny new buttons that pop up out of nowhere on your screen don't help at all... just own it that it's a silly mistake and don't let it happen again. rather than...you know...whining about how unfair it is that random dude gets upset when you make a stupid mistake.

it gets worse: there's the idiot who knows where the button is and then uses it indescriminately -- as in kill our own node. you know...hover your mouse over any quickbar button in the game, and it tells you what the button does. that's not unique to pvp. in other news, you should wipe your arse after you drop a deuce.

Edited by foxmob

Nothing else can "fix" it other than rolling a pub character? I don't know about you, but if I'm in a team that brutally wins too many matches, I just switch sides to make it more interesting.

Odessen,

Isn't there a pass mod key that appears next to the use mod button? Just click your team mate and pass it. Not sure how to get rid of it. Although I have jumped to my death with a mod when I'm almost defeated by enemy and no one else is around but I'm unsure if it destroys the mod or if enemy gets it anyway?

Lol I can admit only recently using the red mod on our node when a fight that seemed lost was on over it.

I could have sworn I was in the other color team when I started but :rolleyes: ... taught me to check not only the mod but also our team colors before using...

because the shiny new buttons that pop up out of nowhere on your screen don't help at all...

Well, I didn't see it, actually. I had reworked my UI so much with the Interface Editor that it appeared somewhere remote off-screen, so to say.

Instant quick access bars are imho the dumbest idea Bioware had in a while - because you don't see them all of the time, you don't remember they are there at one point anymore. A German proverb says : "Out of the eye, out of the sense / awareness".

And it didn't flash in my case, either.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Well, I didn't see it, actually. I had reworked my UI so much with the Interface Editor that it appeared somewhere remote off-screen, so to say.

Instant quick access bars are imho the dumbest idea Bioware had in a while - because you don't see them all of the time, you don't remember they are there at one point anymore. A German proverb says : "Out of the eye, out of the sense / awareness".

And it didn't flash in my case, either.

Not sure if its a different saying or a translation. Here its "out os sight, out of mind."

I'll actually agree with you,on it not being obvious so l9ng as you learned from it after the first time. Everybody does dumb things eventually somewhere, and here; you could take some unnecessary insults, but the important part in both to me, is to own it and learn from it. Dont blame others and ignore insults.

Instant quick access bars are imho the dumbest idea Bioware had in a while

agree on that. it was a dumb idea. and if you want to bind it, it costs you another bind (outside of your quick bars). I think they did it b/c you need to "pay" for more than 2 quickbars if you're not a subscriber.

Odessen Warzone Rules --

Good luck.

Yes, this is exactly the problem. ;)

I mean I've had my operative at Elite Warlord since 1.6, but all the basic know how I've accumulated like; LOS people who are trying to kill me, rolling, using ops frame for healing. All goes out the window whenever I jump on my scoundrel, and just stand there with my thumb stuck up my *** waiting for an imp to kill me. :cool:

Odessen Warzone Rules --

Good luck.

... And no-one tries to spread that knowledge among Rep players ... I mean, where did Imp side players get all of this knowledge from in the first place ? I'm referring to the Odessen map now.

This reply sounds to me like "let's keep it all among ourselves (imp side) or like "let's keep all of the knowledge among ourselves, because no-one of the REp side even cares" or something like that.

Which is worsening the problem.

You don't even need to wait for a special ACK signal ... It's just enough - imho- to just write the solutions of all of these "rules" in to the chat ... someone will listen even although acxknowledging it. And . Remember the proverb, roughly translated by me : "a constant drop [of water] makes a hole into the stone" ...

NEVER pass a mod buff to a Republic player

NEVER waste time asking for a Republic player to pass you the buff.

This is just alienating all Republic side players. A pure "let's keep things among ourselves". The same mindset that can - in worst cases - in RL run into racism. Because in this mind set "the other side is too dumb, too stupid to even bother with it. Our side is so much better".

... And no-one tries to spread that knowledge among Rep players ... I mean, where did Imp side players get all of this knowledge from in the first place ? I'm referring to the Odessen map now.

This reply sounds to me like "let's keep it all among ourselves (imp side) or like "let's keep all of the knowledge among ourselves, because no-one of the REp side even cares" or something like that.

...and this is why ppl bash you.

what makes you think the big bad imperials don't screw up too? the only difference between imperial and republic in this game is population. there are actually more idiots on the imp side than the pub side. there just happen to be a lot more players on imp side period.

Edited by foxmob

Which is worsening the problem.

You don't even need to wait for a special ACK signal ... It's just enough - imho- to just write the solutions of all of these "rules" in to the chat ... someone will listen even although acxknowledging it. And . Remember the proverb, roughly translated by me : "a constant drop [of water] makes a hole into the stone" ...

This is just alienating all Republic side players. A pure "let's keep things among ourselves". The same mindset that can - in worst cases - in RL run into racism. Because in this mind set "the other side is too dumb, too stupid to even bother with it. Our side is so much better".

Lol! OMG!! Am I actually reading this? Please PLEASE tell me you aren't serious!

what makes you think the big bad imperials don't screw up too? the only difference between imperial and republic in this game is population. there are actually more idiots on the imp side than the pub side. there just happen to be a lot more players on imp side period.

Then, why is this list I quoted ONLY directed at Republic players ?

If imp side players were equally bad, then why was it worded so as if ONLY rep side players wre THAT bad ?

It's the same with listing ONLY imp side abilities here in this forum, even if the person explicitely says "rep side player" (I've actually seen it a few times, although not often), only the other way round.

Am I actually reading this?

Doesn't speak for your sanity, to be honest.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Lol! OMG!! Am I actually reading this? Please PLEASE tell me you aren't serious!

He is 100% serious, and that is what makes his posts so fantastic.

My sides need to respawn every time I read one of his "poor pubs" posts.

What mostly bewilders me is how Imp players don't acknowledge the problem. 'Dude those animations, they're so bad ***, and I get to be evil, lol', and 'those queues are so much shorter so I have bad *** animations and shorter queues, it's a win win, I don't care about factions, I just want pvp dude, like for real'. Yeah ok, so why bother having factions in a game that's so lore heavy and factions play a major part?

I mostly play Rep and lose most games, I'd say 10 out of 14 or so, on a busy night. And that's almost every day of the week.

I know quite a lot of people that went Imp because of this. That's not healthy, unless you want pvp to eventually be all mixed, that's what happend in Rift, and see where that game is right now.

If things keep going like they are right now, all warzones will be mixed, you can quote me on that.

Edited by Geeorgedk

What mostly bewilders me is how Imp players don't acknowledge the problem. 'Dude those animations, they're so bad ***, and I get to be evil, lol', and 'those queues are so much shorter so I have bad *** animations and shorter queues, it's a win win, I don't care about factions, I just want pvp dude, like for real'. Yeah ok, so why bother having factions in a game that's so lore heavy and factions play a major part?

I mostly play Rep and lose most games, I'd say 10 out of 14 or so, on a busy night. And that's almost every day of the week.

I know quite a lot of people that went Imp because of this. That's not healthy, unless you want pvp to eventually be all mixed, that's what happend in Rift, and see where that game is right now.

If things keep going like they are right now, all warzones will be mixed, you can quote me on that.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Most PvPers i know of do not care about the lore other than "Cool. Star Wars!" and it seems a vast majority would love for all warzones to be mixed. It would actually encourage me to play a couple of my pubs that i like the animations or character better on. But no; I'm sure its all the players fault for doing what they can for faster queue pops when the devs response for cross server has been a big fat "no."

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Most PvPers i know of do not care about the lore other than "Cool. Star Wars!" and it seems a vast majority would love for all warzones to be mixed. It would actually encourage me to play a couple of my pubs that i like the animations or character better on. But no; I'm sure its all the players fault for doing what they can for faster queue pops when the devs response for cross server has been a big fat "no."

yep. the anti x-faction pvpers are a minority.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.