Opinions on best looking armor?

PhantomAnton

The main issue I have with a lot of gear is that it clips with my toon's hair (see this thread) it's really annoying, add to that the inability to properly turn off Dark Side Corruption and I'm a very unhappy camper that is often "forced" to use a helmet/mask. If I do it's always Kallig's Countenance though, I also still use the assorted LS (which reminds me of Dooku's, which is cool)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still like the Saber Marshall's set. Top is from the Revanite quest chain on Dromund Kaas, and the bottom is from the bonus series on Balmorra. It's simple, yet... sinister.

I'm trying to find the red and black, shoulders and hood look like Zash wears. I have the same model, but they are a purple/black with red trim, and don't quite look the way I'd want.

Any idea what armor has that look and where I can find it?

Thanks all

I believe you can buy the top for ~14k credits from the Specialty Goods vendor on Nar Shaddaa. No idea where the other matching pieces would be though.

Edited by KelbornX

I believe you can buy the top for ~14k credits from the Specialty Goods vendor on Nar Shaddaa. No idea where the other matching pieces would be though.

Thanks. I went and looked, and see the ones you mean. They have red sleeves and highlights and gray fill patterns. I may be misremembering Zash's armor, but what I was looking for was black sleeves and base with red fill patterns and red highlights on the shoulders imagine Robe of the Insight except with all the purple replaced with deep red. The Nar Shadda ones do look good too though.

Edited by Tokotsi

I can't stand using masks or headgear at all due to how ridiculous it looks without hoods.

Kalligs' Countenance with a hood though... That must look awesome.

Sadly, Kalligs' makes the hood vanish when it's being shown (hood isn't down, it just vanishes). I have the level 20 PvP set, which looks pretty nice, although very plain. It has the hooded look for the robe, and I've held onto Kalligs' and kept it updated. I'd love to see the two looks combined, but it doesn't work. Hide the helm, you get the hood, show the helm, the hood vanishes.

I still like the Saber Marshall's set. Top is from the Revanite quest chain on Dromund Kaas, and the bottom is from the bonus series on Balmorra. It's simple, yet... sinister.

Yeah Saber marshal all the way. I finally found the belt on the market. It took a lot of effort but at level 40 I finally look like I did with 16 again and I love it. ;)

Yeah Saber marshal all the way. I finally found the belt on the market. It took a lot of effort but at level 40 I finally look like I did with 16 again and I love it. ;)

I'll be forced to start wearing those again as well because of this or just simply this for those that don't want to click twice to get to a screenshot of the problem.

I actually like the high collars and I'd like to get my hands on the red set (PvP maybe?) but alas, they don't exactly work out for my character due to sloppy character design :(

I've been using the Traditional Lashaa Silk Vestment. Sadly, the legs are MIA, I think the heroic quest that used to reward them (Glitch, Nar Shaddaa) is bugged and just gives droid parts now. I've seen NPCs wearing them but never players.

I have a full set of this and I was thinking I got the pants from the Tat bonus series quest, can't remeber the name, but it's a group x4 to kill a ton of sand people for the mandos.

i really like the look of the kallig headpiece with the upper armor from boarding party and a lower robe that i bought for commendations on taris. goes very well together i think. cant remember full names right now and not at home but the look is very good imo.

I would post my outfit that I've finally scrounged together and is something I like, but I can't find the screenshot folder. And no, it's not in My Documents. :(

Got the mostly red w/ black chest from Tatooine commodations and paired it with a set of legs that are mostly black with red highlights/trim. Looks pretty good. No hood, which is one of the major reasons I like it. Got tired of that look.

Have Kalliq's helm too, but I've had it turned off for a while now.

Edit: Found it buried about nine folders deep.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/751/screenshot2012010310445.jpg

Edited by Maatogaeoth

I would post my outfit that I've finally scrounged together and is something I like, but I can't find the screenshot folder. And no, it's not in My Documents. :(

Got the mostly red w/ black chest from Tatooine commodations and paired it with a set of legs that are mostly black with red highlights/trim. Looks pretty good. No hood, which is one of the major reasons I like it. Got tired of that look.

Have Kalliq's helm too, but I've had it turned off for a while now.

Edit: Found it buried about nine folders deep.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/751/screenshot2012010310445.jpg

About to buy the Tatooine commendation top, but I'd love to know the name of that lower robe you have that matches it so well.

/sadface. Here's to hoping I can find a red/black bottom before then, lol. I still like the Saber Marhsall's set, just getting a little tired of the hood and wanna change up my colors a bit.

I really wish they could put in that feature from the beta where you could make everything the same color scheme as your chest slot.

Edited by KelbornX

• 3 weeks later...
anyone know where the saber marshall boots drop from- So far i have the upper and lower robe and gloves. got upper from quest reward, lower i bought off of ah and gloves i looted off an elite in grathams estate. If anyone knows please tell me.............tired of running around with white boots lol This set actually looks pretty nice for low level and i am not much of a skirt wearer or into the pink or lavender effect on a male toon. this is red and grey. thanks

If your char is a female, Nar Shaddaa social gear hands down :p

The slave girl set! Yeah I ran around in that during my 30s. it was pretty funny to see the reactions from people in warzones and flashpoints. Once I got to 40 I started using the level 40 PvP set.

The problem is everyone in a class largely looks the same. Part of me wants to rip all the mods out of my PvP set and put them in that slave girl set. I have only ever seen 1 other person wear it and she has swapped to different gear now.

Another set that looks pretty good is the Voss social set. it is a whiteish hooded robe set. Never seen anyone wearing it and it is a nice change from all the red and black. Unfortunately you need social V or more to get it.

Time to grind social in Black Talon again I guess.

I've been wearing a combination of the Robes of Animus Force and Boots of Nightmares (from The Colocoid War Game), the Adept Sage's Maelstrom Gloves and the Forcebound Lightsaber (from the Boarding Party) with a lower robe I got from Taris Commendations (and Kallig's Countenance). I've updated all of the mods and enhancements. I suppose I could find a lower robe that matched better, but I've grown to like it (levels 41-50). I haven't seen really anyone else with that look running around. I suppose it will hold out until I get my champion PvP set together.

http://i.imgur.com/zdOCVh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XSTRLh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wVNNjh.jpg

On another note, has anyone put together pieces of armor that closely resemble the look of Darth Jadus or "The Mysterious Jedi" (The Foundry)? I know there are plenty of robes that have those models but not necessarily the appropriate colors.

I really like hoods, and the problem is that most robes don't have them.

I liked the robe I had that was very similar (maybe difference colors) as those listed above (but with a hood), but alas the raid gear looks like total crap and we can't take the armor mods out yet, so I have zero customization options except helm on/off.

I like the Voss social gear set, but as others have said, it requires social 5; and, unfortunately only at social 2 at the moment.

My female assassin (darkness spec'd) was wearing the slave girl outfit but noticed it was bugged. Adding/replacing mods will give you the correct stats but loading into another zone would somehow diminish the stats. Switched to the imperial dancer outfit and transferred the mods (back when she was in her low 30's) and noticed a 2k HP gain.

Don't know if that bug is fixed yet.

PS - kinda fun to tank in the slave girl outfit and joke around that I hold agro by flashing the mobs LOL.

Anyone know where to get some moddable pants? As in not robes? I'm sure they could be found on the market no.

I love the armor for the Inquis, but I am getting sick of the damned robes man. I really just want some pants and not these ugly weird looking robes.