What's this about 500 CC for subbing by July 7th?

GetPloughed

Actually from how I read it, Eric makes it sound like you are only getting the coins if by chance you got the offer on your launcher. If you don't, you are not getting any coins.

Some more clarification would be nice.

This is a targeted promotion only offered to a select group of players.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a targeted promotion only offered to a select group of players.

^^ That. They said so in Dev Tracker. I highly recommend reading that when you come onto the webpage. Always. They also said to avoid any potential problems, they will deliver the coins to the targeted group on Tuesday with the maintenance. That was a dev post.

And if you were targeted (so this deal applies to you) you will have seen it on your launcher every time you logged in for the last 2 weeks. I know it's been done before and will prob be done again.

Interestingly enough, when I was checking my balance to see if I'd gotten the coins yet (before coming here) I discovered that they failed to pay up for my security key in May.

Wonder what sort of nonsense story I'll get when I submit the ticket. Probably a 'display error' that only affects me, because it 'shows up on their end.' :p

How do they reward the loyal subscribers?

Give us HK crap that I immediately trash. Thanks for making me really feel valued.

They rewarded us by reducing the "loyalty" CC from 525 to 500, then started delaying them for 30 days too. They stealthed that one in nice and slow to avoid being noticed by kicking it back 3 days per month for several months. Then "OOPS, busted. We found the problem and are fixing it." Still waiting for them to get it back to the day they take our money like it should be rather than 29 days after.

Edited by katanaacredus

So you are saying that I need to unsub if I want to get targeted promotions for free coins. Thanks for the heads up.

4.0 started the idea of chasing 'new' customers over old, loyal ones like isp/tv/cable new people get stuffs oldies get crap.

Hey folks,

Just to alleviate any confusion, I am seeing two questions in this thread to address:

How do I receive the bonus coins?

Similar to last time, this was a targeted promotion. If you saw the promo in your launcher and subscribed, you are eligible for it. As a reminder, always keep your eyes open for new promotions appearing in the launcher!

When will I receive the bonus coins?

If you were eligible and subscribed by the cutoff, the coins will be granted over the next few days. The hope is to have all of the coins granted today, but they should be granted in full by early next week.

Thanks everyone! Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

So yet again, god forbid you reward the players that sub for 6 months at a time or more....nice way to reward the actual loyal customers.

So yet again, god forbid you reward the players that sub for 6 months at a time or more....nice way to reward the actual loyal customers.

What? You didn't enjoy your hk helmet, jetpack, poster, ugly speeder, early access to chapter bugs, etc?

What? You didn't enjoy your hk helmet, jetpack, poster, ugly speeder, beta access to chapter bugs, etc?

I fixed just a small bit of that just for you. I really wish they would go for long term customers rather than those with a short attention span or newer players. Those who been playing for years haven't really got anything unless they got scammed buying the CE addition, I mean 150$ for that garbage??? and ROTHC expansion with the hutt trainer.

Not every person in this promotion is a new player, I for one, am not, but yet I was selected. It's all random, and at the end of the day it's 500 coins, enough to unlock a random thing in collections, not game breaking.

But this is the BioWare forums, and a decade plus of playing BioWare games has taught me they have one of the most entitled bunch of crybabies for fans than any other company out there.

Not every person in this promotion is a new player, I for one, am not, but yet I was selected. It's all random, and at the end of the day it's 500 coins, enough to unlock a random thing in collections, not game breaking.

But this is the BioWare forums, and a decade plus of playing BioWare games has taught me they have one of the most entitled bunch of crybabies for fans than any other company out there.

If you dont like it dont come to them....pretty sure no one will miss you. Btw 0/10 for your lame troll attempt.

I have been subbed for a very long time, and I had this on my launcher. Haven't received the CC yet, however.

4 days later!!

where are my coins!

how can i support an evil company if i cant buy re skins from the cc market!!!!

MADNESS!

As mentioned previously, (and ignoring sarcasm for the moment)...

Hey folks,

Quick update! I talked with the team and just to ensure that we don't hit any issues when granting the coins, they are going to grant them during next Tuesday's maintenance. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Interestingly enough, when I was checking my balance to see if I'd gotten the coins yet (before coming here) I discovered that they failed to pay up for my security key in May.

Wonder what sort of nonsense story I'll get when I submit the ticket. Probably a 'display error' that only affects me, because it 'shows up on their end.' :p

They literally never seem to send me any security key coins and can't be bothered chasing them up on it every single time. Very disappointing. When they advertise something I shouldn't have to make sure they dont try to screw me over

Well as expected no coins, why bother targeting people who are already subscribed? Next time I would make the tag line clearer these 2 just said be a subscriber by 7th July

Same here. I saw the promotion in my launcher, but have been a subscriber for quite a while already. Just got on and: nothing...

Well as expected no coins, why bother targeting people who are already subscribed? You need to work on your selection criteria a bit

Agreed, this is extremely annoying to see the damn ad EVERY TIME I LOG IN yet I am not eligible because I've been a subscriber nearly non-stop since launch (I have been unsubbed about a week total since launch, and not at all for the past 3 years.) Complete BS that I was 'targeted' yet I am not eligible as a loyal subscriber for so long.

Musco's exact words were "Simply put, if you could see the offer in your launcher, then you were eligible...". Many of us, including myself, saw the offer in our launcher and have not received any tokens. It's not entitlement. It's simply a matter of an expectation of service based on what Musco said. Is it that hard to understand the issue?

Good question!

There were a few different promotions! Not all of them were targeted specifically at new subscriptions, so it does sound like you would get the coins as well.

-eric

Well, I have been subscribed the entire time. I had this showing up in my launcher for a while leading up to the date of the promotion. Now the reset has been and gone and I still don't have the coins.

I also saw the promotion in my launcher for multiple days. I was subscribed on July the 7th. I got nothing.

Already opened a ticket with Customer Support to ask what happened to the 500 CC, and linked the forum statement that said everyone who saw the targeted promotion was part of the targeted advertisement. Let's see what their official stance is this time. I think I saw Eric mention that the CC shouldn't be granted any later than Monday evening, so we'll see.

Edited by Alssaran

I also had the promotion in my launcher and didn't receive any coins. I was bit surprised to even see that kind of promotion because i already had a subscription. Maybe they made error and targeted some subscribers when trying to target preferred or F2P customers? Annoying.

Hey folks,

Quick update! I talked with the team and just to ensure that we don't hit any issues when granting the coins, they are going to grant them during next Tuesday's maintenance. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Ok so it is now 07/12/2016 after the maintenance. I was wondering will we ever see the coins I know I should get them I just wondering when they will be here

Edited by RonAllen