Heroic payout nerf

Decidion

The other thing that directly influenced the inflation was when they changed mobs to drop loot at your level, not at the level of the zone.

I'm just going to zero into this one.

They also significantly decreased the actual credit drops (even though they are now based on level) so you're still not getting nearly as much as before if you farmed mobs for raw credits.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was hopping today patch will address the reduce Heroic credit issue, that how i normal make credits

They said in the livestream they would revert it in about three weeks. I was hoping they could revert it earlier as well.

I'm just going to zero into this one.

They also significantly decreased the actual credit drops (even though they are now based on level) so you're still not getting nearly as much as before if you farmed mobs for raw credits.

Erm, I don't think so. They nerfed some credit dropping mobs, but I think overall, it increased.

Example - prior to that change, I didn't even bother looting mobs when doing H2's on Hutta. The credits and trash loot weren't worth the slow down and inventory space.

Post change, go from looting 10's of credits raw to 100's of credits raw and getting loot that vendors for 10k instead of 10 credits.

So overall, that change increased the amount of credits coming into the world significantly.

Erm, I don't think so. They nerfed some credit dropping mobs, but I think overall, it increased.

Example - prior to that change, I didn't even bother looting mobs when doing H2's on Hutta. The credits and trash loot weren't worth the slow down and inventory space.

Post change, go from looting 10's of credits raw to 100's of credits raw and getting loot that vendors for 10k instead of 10 credits.

So overall, that change increased the amount of credits coming into the world significantly.

If you are talking about heroics, they have always dropped that amount of creds. There was no change increasing cred or vendor trash drops, either in heroics, or regular world drops. Not quite sure where you get the idea there was.

It's funny that the credit rewards for Heroics gets nerfed now of all times.

There was such an uprough about credit spammers and gold farmers that were flooding Chat Channels throughout the game and now people are going to use them even more because getting legitimate credits from in-game content is not worth it now.

It's funny that the credit rewards for Heroics gets nerfed now of all times.

There was such an uprough about credit spammers and gold farmers that were flooding Chat Channels throughout the game and now people are going to use them even more because getting legitimate credits from in-game content is not worth it now.

The credit nerf was due in part to the new event so that Bioware could get that metric data on how long and what type of quests were used to level. Without the nerf to Heroics payout people would use the H2's for leveling and would bypass a lot of planetary quests. They were counting on people not doing the H2s as a result so it wouldn't skew their metric data. And also it was to slow the leveling process down so people weren't twiddling their thumbs because they achieved the goals long before the 4 month metric event was due to end.

Edited by Bakgrind

Even with a stealth class many of the SOLO Heroic weeklies require some time and effort to complete. I only use them for Alliance crates to get reputation up and companion gifts. Receiving 18k per weekly mission was a nice incentive.

In retrospect I do not know why I started as I have no intention of playing a Star Fortress for quite some time.

The credit nerf was due in part to the new event so that Bioware could get that metric data on how long and what type of quests were used to level. Without the nerf to Heroics payout people would use the H2's for leveling and would bypass a lot of planetary quests. They were counting on people not doing the H2s as a result so it wouldn't skew their metric data. And also it was to slow the leveling process down so people weren't twiddling their thumbs because they achieved the goals long before the 4 month metric event was due to end.

Ok so i'm talking about credits not XP so again there was no need for a credit Nerf as most things at lvl 65 give around 20k credits so nerfing them to 7.4k credits makes it worthless for doing them at lvl 65.

Then you apparently weren't paying attention. Because when KOTFE came out is when the heroics that everyone in this thread is complaining about got buffed to the levels they were at. It increased the amount of available credits by quite a bit.

The other thing that directly influenced the inflation was when they changed mobs to drop loot at your level, not at the level of the zone.

I'm not quite sure why you're surprised at the prices going up. If you increase the money supply without also increasing the rate at which the desirable things to be purchased with that money supply come into the game, then prices will rise.

Decrease the money supply, prices will fall. It won't be instant, it would take months for the market to adjust either way. This is basic economics.

Except you are not decreasing the money supply. The money supply increases every time you kill something. Reduction in the rate-of-increase is not a decrease.

There will be no drop in GTN prices because BioWare isn't deleting people's credits while putting a pause on payouts and loot.

So... are we ever going to get a official reason to why this was nerfed...? Or are they just going to hide the entire time pretending to gloss it over and then let the player base speculate about why they reverted the nerf/did it originally, and im sure we all have a negative reasoning onto why they reverted it...

I'd think they wouldn't, but they're feeling a lot more communicative than before

Smart move bioware.

kill the heroic payouts but don't catch all the credit cheaters who made billions of credits and still have secret alternate accounts that will continue to destroy the economy.

forget about in game gold spammers. LOL

have you people checked EBAY out lately? :p

All kinds of gold sellers there and none have been shut down by bioware.

Economy = REKTed

I - I just can't believe they did this. My friend and I are not big in the whole credit farming business and we LOVED doing the heroics because not only did they get us companion gifts to sell on the GTN and most importantly money. We were actually using the heroics as a way to save up for a guild flagship, and now BioWare quite literally saw that we were enjoying ourselves while making money and kicked us where no man should be kicked. C'mon BioWare, really? This was a very cheap move on your part and it is in no way going to affect the economy positively as all the credit farmers in the game don't even touch heroics. You guys just gave a big F U to the people who want to play the game legitimately. Please undo this nerf. I was planning on renewing my subscription so I could continue my class stories with all of the benefits and give them some money at the same time, but now it looks like I might not re-sub if they took my 1 legitimate way of earning credits away.

I - I just can't believe they did this. My friend and I are not big in the whole credit farming business and we LOVED doing the heroics because not only did they get us companion gifts to sell on the GTN and most importantly money. We were actually using the heroics as a way to save up for a guild flagship, and now BioWare quite literally saw that we were enjoying ourselves while making money and kicked us where no man should be kicked. C'mon BioWare, really? This was a very cheap move on your part and it is in no way going to affect the economy positively as all the credit farmers in the game don't even touch heroics. You guys just gave a big F U to the people who want to play the game legitimately. Please undo this nerf. I was planning on renewing my subscription so I could continue my class stories with all of the benefits and give them some money at the same time, but now it looks like I might not re-sub if they took my 1 legitimate way of earning credits away.

They said they would in a recent Livestream in about three weeks. We'll have to see if they hold to that.

They said they would in a recent Livestream in about three weeks. We'll have to see if they hold to that.

According to them they also said that after a while they plan on once again nerfing the Heroics once again. I hate that they are punishing players like me that don't like to credit farm or sit at the GTN the whole day.

• 1 month later...