Companions are too powerful

alienstalker

Strong pets give people a chance to play a class they normally wouldn't.

Heals don't kill mobs for crap, neither do crappy unimproved dps spells. It is refreshing to be able to complete a quest without begging guildies or friends for help, and it sucks working on a single mob kill for a minute straight.

Then maybe the mobs should have less health so we can kill them faster. And how do they give you a chance to play a class you normally wouldn't You don't control them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It matters a ton. When Bioware makes a stat system in the game I don't want my companions stats to be better than myn. And it matters because its showing that my companion is better than me, which is very disappointing. And getting the kill myself makes me feel a whole lot better than when my companion gets it.

Might I suggest a life? Maybe hit a gym or basketball court? Perhaps even take a class and learn how to spell mine correctly?

Seriously if killing an NPC on a game before another NPC on a game that doesn't require much hand-eye coordination is what you need to feel accomplished then you probably need to put the game down and do something healthier.

Might I suggest a life? Maybe hit a gym or basketball court? Perhaps even take a class and learn how to spell mine correctly?

Seriously if killing an NPC on a game before another NPC on a game that doesn't require much hand-eye coordination is what you need to feel accomplished then you probably need to put the game down and do something healthier.

You haven't been playing the game much then. How would you like it if your companion was doing everything for you. The game was not meant to be played by my companion it was meant you be played by me. I feel like my companion is doing all the combat while I'm doing nothing.

Its quite disappointing that my companion could probably beat me in a fight. My companion is getting more kills than me. How can i enjoy combat if my companion is getting all the kills. And the worst is that your companion levels up with you. I can't get ahead. I should be able to do more damage than my companion.

haha, someone set their pet on OP and it killed him.

Not sure if trolling or serious...

I think companions are one of the features of this game that BioWare absolutely got right. It's fantastic that they took the "combat pet" idea and separated it from class and made the pet a.k.a. companion an NPC with a little life and personality.

Plus, they let you get more than one companion for different upgradeable combat types (melee dps, ranged and heals, etc.) as well as different types of characters for story purposes.

THEN, they let those companions you aren't using be useful by allowing them to participate in the crafting system.

Edited by Sajikus

It matters a ton. When Bioware makes a stat system in the game I don't want my companions stats to be better than myn. And it matters because its showing that my companion is better than me, which is very disappointing. And getting the kill myself makes me feel a whole lot better than when my companion gets it.

Dont use your companion, settled... I for one don't want my ability to solo destroyed because your bored an want to complain about a non existent problem.... :)

You haven't been playing the game much then. How would you like it if your companion was doing everything for you. The game was not meant to be played by my companion it was meant you be played by me. I feel like my companion is doing all the combat while I'm doing nothing.

What did you think your companion was? Chopped liver? They're a warrior, or fighter, or someone just as competent as you are.

You are actually complaining of all things, about your companion getting some kills?

My pet in WOW was just as good (hunter) Can't use it in warzones or whatnot, I would not really worry about it.

Perhaps this game is not for you as this seems to be a valued design feature by many.

Not sure if trolling or serious...

I think companions are one of the features of this game that BioWare absolutely got right. It's fantastic that they took the "combat pet" idea and separated it from class and made the pet a.k.a. companion an NPC with a little life and personality.

Plus, they let you get more than one companion for different upgradeable combat types (melee dps, ranged and heals, etc.) as well as different types of characters for story purposes.

THEN, they let those companions you aren't using be useful by allowing them to participate in the crafting system.

I am serious. While I like the little life and personality thing. I just think I should have more kills than my companion. I mean chewie wasn't killing more stormtroopers than Solo was right.

You obviously need to make some improvements to the way you play then. If your companion does more damage than you, then I would hate to be the other people trying to complete a flashpoint with you.

Then your companions are doing it wrong my fine fellow.

If they were any sort of decent friend they would let you win on damage to spare your feelings at being beaten by an NPC.

Pray they never get upset and turn on you, your doom would be assured.

This.

I am serious. While I like the little life and personality thing. I just think I should have more kills than my companion. I mean chewie wasn't killing more stormtroopers than Solo was right.

Dude...you are looking at this the wrong way.

Companions are reasonably powerful. Here's the thing though: THEY ARE FULLY IN YOUR CONTROL. Every kill they make, every material node they acquire, every mission skill they complete, is at YOUR, yes YOUR, behest. Even if you still can't accept that and don't want your companion to have more kills, you can order him/her to Passive mode so he/she won't have more kills.

You are in control of your companion. The fact that he/she affects you this much is disturbing.

Dude...you are looking at this the wrong way.

Companions are reasonably powerful. Here's the thing though: THEY ARE FULLY IN YOUR CONTROL. Every kill they make, every material node they acquire, every mission skill they complete, is at YOUR, yes YOUR, behest. Even if you still can't accept that and don't want your companion to have more kills, you can order him/her to Passive mode so he/she won't have more kills.

You are in control of your companion. The fact that he/she affects you this much is disturbing.

Disturbing? How the heck is this disturbing? I complain about a flaw and then get called disturbing. It's not disturbing its a complaint and I didn't know about the passive mode.

He was probably killing just as many. But my companion is killing 10 times more than me. Chewie was not killing 10 times more than Solo.

The stress is obviously getting to your head. Take a break, go outside get some fresh air, get a job maybe, or perhaps a girlfriend, because this obviously isnt working out for you. ;)

Chewie was a tank, Solo was DPS, so of course Solo was getting more of the kills.

Its quite disappointing that my companion could probably beat me in a fight. My companion is getting more kills than me. How can i enjoy combat if my companion is getting all the kills. And the worst is that your companion levels up with you. I can't get ahead. I should be able to do more damage than my companion.

Yes get passed whatever lvl are, (which I'm guessing under 20).

And tell me about that on Voss when your tanking companion get 3 shotted by a solo quests elite.

Edited by IPaq

The stress is obviously getting to your head. Take a break, go outside get some fresh air, get a job maybe, or perhaps a girlfriend, because this obviously isnt working out for you. ;)

Getting a job would mean more stress. But its not stress that I'm doing this over. I'm just making a minor complaint.