Bioware, if you're dead set on this event, then meet players halfway

Alright, the event info is out. It looks to be that this is set in stone, and a whole lot of long time players are not happy.

I'm fairly positive Bioware will not change any of the requirements, so let's focus on some things they can do...I propose the following:

1. Roll back server transfers to 90 coins or make them free for the duration of the event - A lot of players will have to move toons around to make space if they decide to participate, so make it as painless as possible.

2. Immediate 40-50% off sale on all current cartel packs, supercrates, and hypercrates for 2 weeks - There's a lot of people who will choose not to participate, so at the very least you owe it to them as such to make getting some cartel swag accessible if they're not going to get any of the event rewards.

3. Tune World Bosses down so a minimum 4 person group can get through them - Trying to find people to do world bosses is like pulling teeth at times, so make them a tad easier so smaller groups can clear them.

4. Temporarily allow F2P players access to unlimited warzones and ops - If you're going to have the Operations, WZ's, and GSF requirements, make sure all players can get into them.

5. 2500 Cartel Coin grant upon event completion - In exchange for our time and grinding, the least you can do is reimburse us with thanks. Nothing says thank you like cartel coins in recognition of our support.

There's just a few things you can do to soften the blow and bridge an ugly division with your players right now, Bioware. The ball is in your court. If you're not going to count all the current characters running around, or take into consideration the lengths that a lot of your veteran players have gone to continually supporting the game from launch until now, the least you can do is consider this list as an alternative. One thing is clear: nothing remotely short of this will temper the unrest that is out there right now. I hope you guys have the foresight to do something about it.

~ Supreme

Alright, the event info is out. It looks to be that this is set in stone, and a whole lot of long time players are not happy.

I'm fairly positive Bioware will not change any of the requirements, so let's focus on some things they can do...I propose the following:

1. Roll back server transfers to 90 coins or make them free for the duration of the event - A lot of players will have to move toons around to make space if they decide to participate, so make it as painless as possible.

You literally need to move 1 character. That is it. Or you know, delte one of the 20+duplicates you have and surely are not playing

2. Immediate 40-50% off sale on all current cartel packs, supercrates, and hypercrates for 2 weeks - There's a lot of people who will choose not to participate, so at the very least you owe it to them as such to make getting some cartel swag accessible if they're not going to get any of the event rewards.

Yes, and also give everybody a full sets of ranked PvP gear and BiS PvE gear. There is a lot of people who will choose not to participate, so at the very least you owe them as such. /s

3. Tune World Bosses down so a minimum 4 person group can get through them - Trying to find people to do world bosses is like pulling teeth at times, so make them a tad easier so smaller groups can clear them.

Currently, there is zero motivation to do World Bosses. Conquests have been broken to being completely meaningless to most guilds since launch, so they do not count

4. Temporarily allow F2P players access to unlimited warzones and ops - If you're going to have the Operations, WZ's, and GSF requirements, make sure all players can get into them.

You need to be a subscriber to participate in higher tiers of the event. PvP portions of the game are set to 5, which is "coincidentally" the limit imposed on people who refuse to pay

5. 2500 Cartel Coin grant upon event completion - In exchange for our time and grinding, the least you can do is reimburse us with thanks. Nothing says thank you like cartel coins in recognition of our support.

If you are not participating, why should you be rewarded? And if you do participate and complete the event, you are already rewards

There's just a few things you can do to soften the blow and bridge an ugly division with your players right now, Bioware. The ball is in your court. If you're not going to count all the current characters running around, or take into consideration the lengths that a lot of your veteran players have gone to continually supporting the game from launch until now, the least you can do is consider this list as an alternative. One thing is clear: nothing remotely short of this will temper the unrest that is out there right now. I hope you guys have the foresight to do something about it.

~ Supreme

Answers in green

^ (Iam sub) This should be done as fast as possible. It's not easy to find a team, but if F2P be allow to join always -> Its good.

Edited by tummiswtor

~ Supreme

If my 5 years in this game has taught me anything it is that this team is not capable of foresight. Aside from their substandard coding skills and communication...they are also incapable of even the most basic understanding of human behavior and psychology. The only exception I would make would be for the story writers...they clearly understand behavior. If you have been around long enough you may have even seen a few /facepalm moments your self.

There are coding errors, then there are decisions that leave them to reply "we never expected the players to do that/play the game that way". Forget that the scum of the game find and capitalize on their lack of understanding almost immediately.

I am a medium long time player and I really don't see how this is so bad but I do agree with two suggestions here.

1) Bring back (yet again) cheap transfers - hilarious I know.

2) Make extra character slots really cheap

I actually think people are totally over-reacting. The first five tiers are quite achievable it is only the last one that is close to impossible and I assume it was designed as such.

I am a medium long time player and I really don't see how this is so bad but I do agree with two suggestions here.

1) Bring back (yet again) cheap transfers - hilarious I know.

2) Make extra character slots really cheap

I actually think people are totally over-reacting. The first five tiers are quite achievable it is only the last one that is close to impossible and I assume it was designed as such.

They've said extra character slots will be going on sale.

The "Legendary" level seems to be set to be the "Wings of the Architect"-level of difficulty for this event. Replacing burst difficulty with difficulty-by-tedium, of course. (Also, after having done some math, I don't thing the 8xL50 characters is going to be the hard part. The "do all HMFP in 5 months" is going to be the hard part, if you're not in a guild that will be doing them. And I'm OK with that)

Given that the event rolls out next week, I think it's safe to say "Yes, they are dead set on this event."

I've been thinking about this since the announcement, and I figure something is going on like this:

• They have bunches of casuals they want to keep in-game during the summer, but no new content. People have been BEGGING for more group content, but the solo-casuals don't do group content. They are trying to get these new casuals to do group content. The more people who play and enjoy group content, the more they can justify adding it to their development schedule.

• They need vet players for queue pops to teach these casuals how to tank-heal-and-not-dps-like-a-derp etc, and so there's
    no way
    they are going to make this retroactive.

Hence, the sad weepy tears of OMG-I've-Been-Playing-This-Game-For-Years-And-I-Have-To-Play-It-All-Over-Again. I'm with you. I'm storing mine in an old water bottle. We can send them to the dev team, in case they get thirsty.

But, OP, FWIW, I think you're so very right... they need to sweeten the deal for vet players. Cartel coins and cheap transfers are a good start, but I'd like to see them give us something more than a lousy mount to go with the dozens of other mounts we don't use. I'd like to feel like I was actually getting somewhere, if I'm going to play this game all over again. Uh, again. Because I've already played it all over again dozens of times.

Please Bioware... please up the legacy level cap. If we must play the game again... let us EARN another legacy tier. We've been sitting at "Living Legend" for years. Put in some LASTING rewards attached to another legacy level such as:

• Ability to unlock a perk that allows us to give gifts in bunches.

• Legacy bank storage for credits. I am so tired of mailing credits.

We could probably come up with a whole list of quality-of-life legacy perks for a tier 60 that would make it a little more worth our while to help people kill Snowblind. Again.

And again. And again....

They've said extra character slots will be going on sale.

The "Legendary" level seems to be set to be the "Wings of the Architect"-level of difficulty for this event. Replacing burst difficulty with difficulty-by-tedium, of course. (Also, after having done some math, I don't thing the 8xL50 characters is going to be the hard part. The "do all HMFP in 5 months" is going to be the hard part, if you're not in a guild that will be doing them. And I'm OK with that)

Yeah, assuming they don't go the b/b route and go on sale for more than they are now.

Would it be possible to ask why people are so upset, without getting my head torn off?

I'm not saying the angry folks are wrong, just saying I don't understand. I read all the tiers, yeah, and a lot of it I'm not going to do. No way am I PVP'ing in this game, not if Jesus came floating down from heaven with a flaming sword and the devil all tied up in colored string, to deliver me an engraved invitation. But, what's the part that is causing all the hate?

Again, not saying they are wrong, just saying I don't understand, so explain to me please.

No what they need to do is make everything retroactive. A MUST if they want the game to last. People are leaving because of this event as it is set up now. I know this for sure.

I doubt many players are unsubbing because of this event is as it is. Many will choose to not participate because of how it is setup, but this event is not the end-all be-all of this game...there is plenty to do even if you choose not to participate.

Would it be possible to ask why people are so upset, without getting my head torn off?

I'm not saying the angry folks are wrong, just saying I don't understand. I read all the tiers, yeah, and a lot of it I'm not going to do. No way am I PVP'ing in this game, not if Jesus came floating down from heaven with a flaming sword and the devil all tied up in colored string, to deliver me an engraved invitation. But, what's the part that is causing all the hate?

Again, not saying they are wrong, just saying I don't understand, so explain to me please.

The short answer is: "I've been playing this game for four and a half years, and you want me to start ALL OVER AGAIN to reach the pinnacle of this event."

The question is who said that EVERY player HAS to reach the pinnacle of this event? Answer: no one, yet that is how too many are judging it: "Only the most dedicated will reach legendary and therefore this event is crap and not worth doing."

I am with you on this, and Lxndra makes a valid point...

• They have bunches of casuals they want to keep in-game during the summer, but no new content. People have been BEGGING for more group content, but the solo-casuals don't do group content. They are trying to get these new casuals to do group content. The more people who play and enjoy group content, the more they can justify adding it to their development schedule.

• They need vet players for queue pops to teach these casuals how to tank-heal-and-not-dps-like-a-derp etc, and so there's
    no way
    they are going to make this retroactive.

Edited by psandak

No what they need to do is make everything retroactive. A MUST if they want the game to last. People are leaving because of this event as it is set up now. I know this for sure.

If they make it retroactive, people will just log in, get the rewards, and then complain they have nothing to do. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

I can see MAYBE making the classes/crafting retroactive or removed, but keep everything else as it is set up. Doing 2 characters in span of 4 months is not that hard

I can see how it would be uber-difficult to walk around without a head, so I'll tackle this question in my best Sesame-Street-Acquired manners.

The list of requirements for the Legendary tier is long and involved. However, a lot of people who have spent years supporting the game have achieved all the items in the list.

The problem is since the requirement for the event is to do it on brand-new characters, it's causing some resentment with the veteran community. Especially since these are the people who have filled up servers with characters and don't necessarily have room to add more. The 'get all the classes to 50' especially burns people who already have legendary status, which means they've already played the game through at least eight times, and now have to play it eight more to get an achievement they've basically already earned.

Add to that, the whole concept of packaging old-recycled content to a community who has been begging for new fps and new ops is a particular sore spot. I believe many people (myself included) were hoping the new "event" would actually be an event, such as Gree or Rakghoul, and not a list of medicre incentives to do stuff we've already done many, many, many times.

how about realizing the event is full retard and cancelling it. that would fix things right up.

This.

The event or lets call it straight the bribe cause there is no new content to call an event is so bad and only about bribing people to repeat old content cause there is no new content planned before season 2, that its unbelievable they treat veterans who have done it all before and have better things to do with their time than mindless repeat the same stuff again like this.

For veteran players its better to cancel subscriptions and wait on a real event than to support than buying into this as being anything other than EAware courting new players and giving the finger to veterans.

If they make it retroactive, people will just log in, get the rewards, and then complain they have nothing to do. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

I can see MAYBE making the classes/crafting retroactive or removed, but keep everything else as it is set up. Doing 2 characters in span of 4 months is not that hard

Classes and crafting being retroactive is a MUST, anything less will be unsatisfactory for most of us.

When they told players to either go to another server or buy character slots that pretty much screams they aren't meeting anybody or thing halfway and if you don't like it leave

Right?! lol...I mean, how much clearer does it need to be to people? THAT is what they think of you!!!

What they need to do is make it so you don't have to do all 8 classes and give everyone a free character slot.

Let me see if I can remember all of the reasons. Here are the ones that come to mind:

1. You MUST do the event on absolutely, completely new characters. That means you can't even do it on a level 1 you created prior to the event. You must make new characters for it. Which is already a kick in the teeth to anyone who isn't a 100% new player, or doesn't have loads of unused slots lying around for use in a temporary event. (I know the defender-warriors are going to say "you only need one!" but if you only use one, that means, if you're going for Leg status, deleting a bunch of leveled characters in a kind of hysterical delirium of wasting your own effort, all to attempt to complete a timed, temporary event for largely regurgitated rewards. An "event" that could have been designed in a more accommodating manner from the get-go.)

2. Not only are some of the requirements bordering on absurd for the top tier, but there are people who have done those absurd requirements over a period of years, or at least done a significant portion of them. But because of point 1, they are essentially being told that their efforts don't matter.

3. The box results are random and don't even give out a full set, plus are BoP, so good luck getting even a single full armor set unlocked. And look forward to lots of duplicates you can't do anything with. (This one is complained about less, but I think only because it's been so overshadowed by the other complaints.)

When they told players to either go to another server or buy character slots that pretty much screams they aren't meeting anybody or thing halfway and if you don't like it leave

My brother had been a loyal supporter of this game since he started in Feb 2012 and just said 'Bugger me? Ah hell no, bugger you guys. Out." when he read that dreck from Eric.

My brother had been a loyal supporter of this game since he started in Feb 2012 and just said 'Bugger me? Ah hell no, bugger you guys. Out." when he read that dreck from Eric.

I've been here since the original forums, my quote below about no class was in response to them not having any classes set yet. For me, this is a hard pill to swallow. I like my main character, I want to do the event on MY character, not a throw away character.