Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

I can't believe 178 pages which are 80% complaints have gone unnoticed by bioware... For their own sake I hope that 1-2 weeks after release they will actually realize their mistakes and correct them all and that the only reason that they don't change it now is that they never make changes prior to release (same was with companion effectiveness change).

Bioware, Eric Musco, "unsubscribe", "quit the game", "go WOW", "SWTOR is dying", whatever words that trigger you developers and will finally make you acknowledge this thread.... look at the problems mentioned here, and that's only by randomly clicking pages, not thorough reading:

1. People are not interested in running all stories again, since most of them ran them already at least once.

2. People who didn't run the story wouldn't want to have to rush it due to the short period of the event (some can afford playing at their own pace, but assuming people have work or studies, I doubt it .

3. Some veterans cant create 8 characters to meet the requirements, at least on their main server, without having to transfer or delete an existing character, and even if you would tell them to delete the new ones, it doesn't feel good to throw away something they have spent effort on.

4. Some requirements are just not possible for certain players. For example: the PVP and GSF achievements cant be completed in dead servers (it will also be very hard to find a group for that really can handle all HM flashpoints, or do operations, but at least that will be possible, far as I know there hasn't been a GSF in TOFN for months).

5. The rewards are too random and have no alternative uses if a player doesn't need/want them. Meaning some players will work hard and gain only the non-random rewards (titles, companions mounts) and nothing more (gear to destroy doesn't count, cant even be sold...) because they already spent cartel coins (AKA real money?) or credits on the things that they just got, and have no use for them, unlike people who buy from the CM and can place things in GTN and others will gain much more since they gain things others paid for, for free???. Do the simple math, the guys who didn't buy the rewards that they randomly get will have more, in any way you look at it, than the guys who paid for them previously, (and PLEASE don't answer: but those who paid had it sooner, time isn't a possession and it passed) how is that fair??

Probably more problems and complaints exist and I missed them. Feel free to add to my list something that I missed (wonder if we can get up to 10 completely different problems :D). I don't mind if by June 28th it will be released as flawed as it is, but BioWare better take this thread into account and change things, sooner or later, the sooner the better...

Yeah, i thought the same. 80% or rage, but they still got smile on face and think most of players will be happy with this event.

Edited by tummiswtor

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to verify that throughout the entire achievement range of this event, it is not required to do the class storyline, correct? For example, I will not need to do the class stories on a gunslinger in order to do the Ziost storyline, or even the Shadow of Revan expansion. I should only need to have my star fighter and the correct level right?

You are correct ( apparently ) - you only just need get a levle 50 char anyway you can then delete if you so want.

I can get 60 million credits faster than I can get a lvl 50 character (and I can get one of those pretty fast).

No you can't unless you're talking about doing it on a toon that already has items to sell etc. or spending real world money. Not everyone has those options and many of the sets in question ... 60 million is dirt cheap, some literally don't exist on the GTN currently.

I don't understand that either. Those should be the entire armor set not possible parts. And you're probably right and you won't even be able to sell them on the GTN or give them to a friend. You will be stuck with them or you will have to destroy them. Talk about adding insult to injury here...

I wish we could sell them on the GTN so I could buy all your ones up since you would sell them at a riddiculously cheap price based on all your previous posts about GTN price gougers.

Bioware, Eric Musco, "unsubscribe", "quit the game", "go WOW", "SWTOR is dying", whatever words that trigger you developers and will finally make you acknowledge this thread....

See now if most of the posts actually contained statements like that you would see swift responses like you did with the companion nerf where people actually did threaten to unsub or actually did etc.

Here people are just kinda whinging with no "threat" or repercussion to Bioware's end so they probably think it's all a storm in a tea cup that will pass ( and based on the lack of "unsub" posts I agree ).

I wish we could sell them on the GTN so I could buy all your ones up since you would sell them at a riddiculously cheap price based on all your previous posts about GTN price gougers.

Dude, you wouldn't have any luck cause I would be giving them to people who actually want them they wouldn't touch the GTN and then what you gonna do? So be your greedy self all you want. You are ridiculous not me. You like to gouge players and suck the fun out of the game for them go ahead but don't think I would give you the satisfaction of buying off me so you could do so. Nope I'd be directly giving them to people who want them for free if it stop the way you kind of players run this game, so learn some moral and don't come on here attacking me saying I'm ridiculous when that is you my good sir and any player who does this. So welcome to my Ingore list. Good day.

Edited by DarthEnrique

This has me confused:

Query: you don’t need every achievement to be on the same Legacy for each reward tier, do you?

Answer: Each level’s objectives are tracked through the Legacy Achievement system. This means that you must finish the objectives within one Legacy in order to complete them.

What if I get a million credits before that particular quest is open? What about Rank 5 valor or Dark V alignment? Would we actively have to avoid some of these in order to complete them later on? Stuff like flash points can be redone at the appropriate level, but many others quests needs to be active at all levels I think.

(Forgive me if this is answered somewhere else in this long thread.)

Will we get a free slot?

Or if we have max toons will we need to delete a toon?

The only concerns i have with deleting toons is the HK and treek purchases i do on all my toons and also the bound cartel items that i purchased for them.

Hopefully plans are in hand as i wouldn't mind doing this event but sad if i have to delete any of my toons that i have leveled up to 65 and grown attached to.

The only other thing i probably would do (If no free slot given) is create new toons on a different server!!

With increased XP and knowledge of the game it wouldn't take me long on another server but that will be a last resort..

But overall I think this event will be Good for the Game as a Whole :)

Well done EA/Bioware

"I had a question regarding the Light vs Dark Event.

Do I need to complete the Vailant Level to gain progress in the Champion Level? For example, if I reach Valor Rank 5 before I've completed the Valiant Level, will I need to reach Valor 5 again when I start the Champion level, or not? Plese ask if it was something you didn't understand in the text (English is not my Main Language)."

(Sorry I have already posted this, but I'd like to get more answers to be certain).

This has me confused:

What if I get a million credits before that particular quest is open? What about Rank 5 valor or Dark V alignment? Would we actively have to avoid some of these in order to complete them later on? Stuff like flash points can be redone at the appropriate level, but many others quests needs to be active at all levels I think.

(Forgive me if this is answered somewhere else in this long thread.)

I wondered this too. What if you level your character to 65 before you complete the Champion Level? Will you then be forced to make ANOTHER character and level that one to 65 as well?

Do I need to complete the Vailant Level to gain progress in the Champion Level? For example, if I reach Valor Rank 5 before I've completed the Valiant Level, will I need to reach Valor 5 again when I start the Champion level, or not? Plese ask if it was something you didn't understand in the text (English is not my Main Language)."

(Sorry I have already posted this, but I'd like to get more answers to be certain).

From my understanding, that is not the case.

The challenges are different, for each one, for example. The Valiant challenges are as follows:

Play the Shadow of Revan Expansion (Complete Level 55 – 60)

Complete the first 9 Chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire Expansion

Complete the introductory Galactic Stronghold Mission

The champion challenges are as follows:

Complete all 16 Chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire Expansion on 1 Character (Chapter 15 launches June 30 and Chapter 16 launches late July)

Complete all Flashpoints in Solo or Tactical Mode

Reach Valor Rank 5

Complete 5 Alliance Alerts

It s my understanding, that you can pick what challenges you do. If you just want the companion, then you do the eternal challenges:

Reach Level 65 with a Republic Character

Reach Level 65 with an Imperial Character

Complete Round 5 of the Eternal Championship

Now, I could always be wrong, and someone please do tell me if I am. But that's how I see it.

second post less exasperate and rough but still disgusted

This "event" is poorly thought out from start to finish and is very "despairing action"

the champion lvl is quite accessible but poorly interesting .. for those who already have done toons

the eternel is boring x2

the legendary lvl :

Indeed, I would say that there are two categories of players,

- those who spend a lot of time, involved from long time and therefore have already numerous reroll, then suddenly having to go up for 8 new ... well ... will not happen

- and those who do not spend much time and, for them, leveling 8 perso ..... how to say ... unattainable.

basically, this "event" is for new players who will spend much time on the game while on vacation, a probably small proportion players, especially with a game that is moving "single tube story" and therefore no more " farm to reroll "

K

I can't believe that Eric didn't even come back to this thread once to address the legitimate questions about the finer details of the event...how professional. I wish I had a job I didn't actually have to do.

Now they just have their collective heads buried in the sand and are waiting for it to blow over it seems.

I don't understand that either. Those should be the entire armor set not possible parts. And you're probably right and you won't even be able to sell them on the GTN or give them to a friend. You will be stuck with them or you will have to destroy them. Talk about adding insult to injury here...

Adding insult to injury is that for largely solo questing people are getting access to these armor sets at all, that others of us paid real money for a chance to acquire. If these boxes are made largely irrelevant by their almost never dropping certain parts of the sets, being BoP, and not account unlockable even if you manage to collect it all, at least that would be some consolation. If they cheapen our rarest CM items I can't justify remaining subscribed in the face of such an insult.

My feelings about this dark vs. light event.

Pros

1. Now I have a reason to, re-roll a character and, start over with you friends
  2. Making a reward for rolling all 8 classes (“again”) make people have to try all the different story’s

Cons

1. I don’t have enough free space on my servers to create 8 new characters and don’t won’t to delete any of my old characters to start over
  2. I have already completed all of the class story’s and don’t wont to do it all over (“again”) for a third or fourth time

How i think this could be fixed

1. Make more space on the servers (“again”) or make the server transfer cheaper (“again”) so I don’t have to delete characters, but simply have to move them, to make space for new once
  2. Instead of having to reach level 50 with all 8 classes in the dark vs light event, it could be one of each alignment (“1 rep and 1 imp”), and then you need to have legendary player status, so we don’t have to re-roll all 8 classes.

Excuse my bad writing this is not my first language

:ph_good_post:

Please allow us to use existing characters, it is a terrible idea to make us give up all the characters we have grown and loved, for what is basically an entirely new legacy grind.

I don't mind starting 1 new character for this to kick start the event rewards, maybe even 2 (LS&DS). But no one is going waste time doing all 8 again, this is a slap in the face of vets and a really bad idea, very dissappointed.

After an amusing few days on the starter planets, this event will fail hard imo.

Adding insult to injury is that for largely solo questing people are getting access to these armor sets at all, that others of us paid real money for a chance to acquire. If these boxes are made largely irrelevant by their almost never dropping certain parts of the sets, being BoP, and not account unlockable even if you manage to collect it all, at least that would be some consolation. If they cheapen our rarest CM items I can't justify remaining subscribed in the face of such an insult.

Yeah, this one I don't get -- that's a lot of worry over whether someone else has something or not.

Yeah, this one I don't get -- that's a lot of worry over whether someone else has something or not.

The entire reason people go to the trouble of acquiring rare items is 90% due to their rarity. Their 'coolness' or whatever is largely irrelevant in comparison. By making items we paid real money for available to solo questers simply cheapens them and makes our investment meaningless. If they start giving out Satele Shan and Tulak Hord armor sets to people wholesale without serious restrictions (BoP, obscenely high rarity), that's tens of thousands of CM they 'owe' me before I even think about remaining subscribed.

You don't sell your customers something with the sales pitch 'buy this for a chance at a super rare item very few players have,' wait a year, then give it to everyone and expect your old customers to stick around to fall for it again.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

The entire reason people go to the trouble of acquiring rare items is 90% due to their rarity. Their 'coolness' or whatever is largely irrelevant in comparison. By making items we paid real money for available to solo questers simply cheapens them and makes our investment meaningless. If they start giving out Satele Shan and Tulak Hord armor sets to people wholesale without serious restrictions (BoP, obscenely high rarity), that's tens of thousands of CM they 'owe' me before I even think about remaining subscribed.

You're making a very sweeping statement there -- perhaps assuming that other people share your motivation.

Personally, I don't care how rare something is, I only care if it looks right for the character and can be made useful for that character in terms of stats and so on.

It wouldn't bother me a bit if there were multiple ways to get every item that ever existed in the game.

You're making a very sweeping statement there -- perhaps assuming that other people share your motivation.

Personally, I don't care how rare something is, I only care if it looks right for the character and can be made useful for that character in terms of stats and so on.

It wouldn't bother me a bit if there were multiple ways to get every item that ever existed in the game.

Apparently you don't remember the sh--storm surrounding the slot machines that offered cartel rep and certificates. I'm by no means the only CM customer who doesn't want to see items we paid real money for cheapened in that way.

I wouldn't mind items being available from multiple sources if it were that way from the beginning of that item's existence in the game, but you don't sell your customers something then give it away for free.

I can't believe that Eric didn't even come back to this thread once to address the legitimate questions about the finer details of the event...how professional. I wish I had a job I didn't actually have to do.

Now they just have their collective heads buried in the sand and are waiting for it to blow over it seems.

The trouble was it all kicked off with a late in the week release cycyle.

There were some answers and clarifications, but really not enough time for internal feedback and decisions before the weekend hit. I would hope that there were some discussions over the weekend on how to handle things, even if the results are just a Producer Letter saying this event is a summer thing for new players.

The real test will be if we see and gold posts in the next 24 hours.

Not confirmed yet. But, having seen some of the other achievements such as 'Home Sweet Home' and when you need to achieve them I find it more likely the achievements will unlock as you do them and will count for when you finally unlock the level they are required for.