One day more ..

annabethchase

Until we get some tangible news on a new ... something. lightside/darkside based. I'm hoping it's some type of playable content. Or maybe it's an event. I'll probably be happy if it's anything more involved than just a tally of how many people press option 1 in conversations.

I'm hoping for a new light side companion out of the deal but really most importantly I want something new to do during this time period.

Also importantly, will this be something that drives people to subscribe during the downtime between seasons? I really hope there's something because I've never let my subscription lapse but I'll need some justification not to drop it if there's a content drought.

So, here's hoping tomorrow is exciting.

Real information? Nah, I suspect more teaser, half-truths, and hyperbole from General Obi-Wan- I mean, BioWare.

Events over the summer likely are to try and keep people playing while all sorts of events are going on RL, or with other games. I'm looking forward to reading about this event, but I don't expect too much. Maybe a Jaesa/Kira ripoff companion.

Yeah, I don't anticipate this will be anything new added to the game proper, probably more of a back-end "lets look at the metrics and see whether most people did more [A] or more " type deal.

Also, they said "most likely Thursday", so don't be surprised if it ends up being Friday before they give whatever news/details they're going to provide on this.

meh, doesn't matter what it is, so long as it's not PVP or forced group content I'm sure I'll enjoy it, just as I'm sure there will be much nerd rage on these forums from people with unreasonable expectations.

IIRC Most DS/LS choices come from flashpoints so you could solo those or you'll need group?

That is of course assuming you don't want to just recreate alts and un through the story just to possibly effect the ratio by some miniscule amount.

Another option is if there is any class that has a LS/DS choice right near the entry point of their story or possibly near the start of start @ 60 so you could choose then delete and rinse and repeat?

In all honesty if there is no specific metric to show how YOU are doing in the scheme of things or some sort of personal rewards based on how much YOU do I don't see this being overly popular since it's on the back of months and months of people being forced to repeat content anyway.

It seems like it will just be something going on that will be determined by people doing their normal thing ( so is that really an event per se? ).

Another option is a KoTFE grab and it's only KoTFE choices that matter.

Again I hope I'm wrong and there is more to it though if I'm not wrong then oh well it's nice they thought to do something different but I think the concept was just rather misplaced ( or more the timing and execution ).

We'll find out in the next day or so I guess, reserve final judgement until then because I know Bioware are really hinging everything on what I personally think. ;)

Also importantly, will this be something that drives people to subscribe during the downtime between seasons? I really hope there's something because I've never let my subscription lapse but I'll need some justification not to drop it if there's a content drought.

Bug fixes would be great, so I can finally play my female Bounty Hunter and get all of Torian's correct conversations.

Yeah, I don't anticipate this will be anything new added to the game proper, probably more of a back-end "lets look at the metrics and see whether most people did more [A] or more " type deal.
Exactly what I expect as well. I hope I'm surprised...

Until we get some tangible news on a new ... something. lightside/darkside based. I'm hoping it's some type of playable content. Or maybe it's an event. I'll probably be happy if it's anything more involved than just a tally of how many people press option 1 in conversations.

Ah, and another falls for it and reads maybe as definitely. This is how you set yourself up for disappointment and others for a rage fit.

Hey there! Yup, there are details coming before the event starts. The current plan is to announce the detailed breakdown of the event at the end of the week, most likely Thursday.

-eric

I think the Devs dropped the ball with the Lightside/ Darkside conflict from day one of development.

It's nice to think it may get a bit of attention but this late into the game I doubt it will be anything other than a tally on what choices people make in the existing content.

From one of the comments (not gaining LS/DS from Diplomacy missions) that suggests that you won't be able to farm the points I'm a bit worried you'll only be able to contribute from story/class based missions.

Fingers crossed but not expecting anything involving new content.

This is even more interesting for me to know than info about the new event. They have to offer something to subs, otherwise, there is really no point in staying subbed during off-season.