BioWare, seriously, step up the storytelling in Season 2 onward....

Suromir

Next chapter neither of those two appear, but then when we talk about an invasion I'm told we don't have the resources. I have done every alert, every star fortress destroyed, every alliance faction at 20 influence, the wealth of the eternal empire and the gravestone and none of this matters we don't have the resources.

The recruitment missions and resource gathering missions are just filler and pretty dull at that, take the Jorgan recruitment mission (I bash on Kayilo enough), every choice you have he orders you to do what he wants and you agree. Other than being his companion you play no role in the story, and when you get a cut scene of your alliance providing a diversion is it any of those assets you have spent time recruiting hell no. Its the same 5 core companions.

^^^^^ Nothing matters. You actually don't have to do any of the alerts, star fortress, or grind rep for anyone and the ending would still be the same. I mean, at least if they did something similar to ME3, where nothing mattered either but at least you got different graphics and various companions would live or die depending on your EMS scored.

But not in this game. Nothing matters. All the above mentioned stuff is filler - designed to waste your time.

Which is a shame. Because this game could've been amazing if it had choices that mattered. Can you imagine what that would mean? Different outcomes based on how much you worked. Companions could die: like Jorgan would die at the end of his mission if you didn't have enough resources/reinforcements. That would've made this game stand out. And I suspect we wouldn't have pop issues. And we'd be fighting over who to kill, let die or live. Not to mention the replay value.

But BW didn't. And this game is bleeding players. I mean, like what else is there to do? PVP is a freaking mess - so that's out. I am not running alts through the same story over and over.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about those of us who think that KotFE stinks as story and game, and whose opinion is unrelated to group content?

Exactly, I don't care about group content, but I don't think they wrote KOTFE well at all. They are lacking most of the fundamentals that made 1-50 enjoyable. This is no longer the PC's story. The PC is a glorified gopher who gets thrown around by these god like Zakuul leaders and knights and is powerless to do anything about it. Those who wrote KOTFE, need to rethink what they've done. Where is the companion discussions with the PC? We don't know anything about them. Where is the PC is the center of the story? And while I'm on it, if they are going to do the mute PC thing, they need to have the PC facing the camera like they did it in Dragon Age Origins meaning, camera pans to NPC who speaks, camera then pans to mute PC and we choose the line. It is so glaring the way they did it.

^^^^^ Nothing matters. You actually don't have to do any of the alerts, star fortress, or grind rep for anyone and the ending would still be the same. I mean, at least if they did something similar to ME3, where nothing mattered either but at least you got different graphics and various companions would live or die depending on your EMS scored.

But not in this game. Nothing matters. All the above mentioned stuff is filler - designed to waste your time.

Which is a shame. Because this game could've been amazing if it had choices that mattered. Can you imagine what that would mean? Different outcomes based on how much you worked. Companions could die: like Jorgan would die at the end of his mission if you didn't have enough resources/reinforcements. That would've made this game stand out. And I suspect we wouldn't have pop issues. And we'd be fighting over who to kill, let die or live. Not to mention the replay value.

But BW didn't. And this game is bleeding players. I mean, like what else is there to do? PVP is a freaking mess - so that's out. I am not running alts through the same story over and over.

Except if choices did matter and we wound up with an EMS equivalent system, then people rushing through the content would complain about the "grind." And that system works better for a single-player RPG. But I'm not completely against your idea of an EMS type system, because we were promised that grinding up the reputation with the Alliance folks would be important, but no sign of that importance.

What would have made KotFE better (from my opinion) would be class unique story-bits. More in-depth than the Shepard Origins in Mass Effect, but we could still have the class-unique stuff and still follow the main plotline everyone follows. Have some of the 1-60 content actually matter for how people react to your character (for example, you kill Jim Bob the Imperial Genocide Plague Maker back on Belsavis, the Alliance Guy on Belsavis might react differently to you than if you kill Mary Ann the Gangster Overlord Keeping Order with Her Gangs, or if you killed or didn't kill that one guy in Shadow of Revan on Rishi who was the 'Big brother' of the Rodian guy might change how people react around you, or class specific enemies being alive or dead might show up as assistance/enemies).

KotFE works as a main plotline, great for the Jedi/Sith, even if companions need a bit more fleshing out, but I think it needs more variation between what the classes have.

I'm just wondering what the point of the alliance is, and what they're planning to do with all these companions.

I can see them doing something like having a final mission where you bring your companions but the ones with low influence die - or won't follow you - never to be brought back... or base some companion life/death decision on the strength of your alliance.

And everyone loses their favorite companions because they maxxed out influence on Treek while the others were gone.

That will be hysterical.

I thought we were supposed to be told "later"...this has me curious too.

I assume they are going to follow form and continue to feed us reskinned ME, and while I haven't played it in a while I seem to recall something during load screens or in the main menu called Galactic Readiness or something and it impacted your likelihood of success in one of the later missions.

I had it in my head it was ME2 but as I'm typing this I think that you could bump your GR by doing multiplayer so perhaps it was the final chapter in ME3.

Regardless, I assume the strength of the alliance will make some measurable "success" proportionally easier. Seeing as this game refuses to allow content to be difficult - you know, like mobs being able to kill you, that sort of thing - I assume the "success" will likely be companion survival.

I was trying to think last night why they changed "Affection" to "Influence"; I'd wager the reason for that change falls along these lines.

I assume they are going to follow form and continue to feed us reskinned ME, and while I haven't played it in a while I seem to recall something during load screens or in the main menu called Galactic Readiness or something and it impacted your likelihood of success in one of the later missions.

I had it in my head it was ME2 but as I'm typing this I think that you could bump your GR by doing multiplayer so perhaps it was the final chapter in ME3.

Regardless, I assume the strength of the alliance will make some measurable "success" proportionally easier. Seeing as this game refuses to allow content to be difficult - you know, like mobs being able to kill you, that sort of thing - I assume the "success" will likely be companion survival.

I was trying to think last night why they changed "Affection" to "Influence"; I'd wager the reason for that change falls along these lines.

ME2 ended after that bit...so even a failed mission had no real impact on anything. Here, it would. MMOs can't do anything that drastic since there's no way to replay the mission and do it 'right'.

I just can't see the end of Chapter 1 meaning much at all...we'll have one antagonist die, another will rise and we'll do this all again next year as "The Liberator" or something.

Where is the companion discussions with the PC? We don't know anything about them. Where is the PC is the center of the story?

^^^^ Huge gripe. The only companions I know are the ones I had from 1 to 60 and Lana, who I met during SOR. The rest are just there. I know nothing about them except their relationship to Arcann. Not to me, but Arcann. So really, I don't give a flying fart about them. Wait - I forgot about Vette. But even there - like I'd like to know what she's been doing the past 5 years. All I get is a couple of lines.

And then there are the alerts - no dialog outside of "finding' a companion, most I don't know. And then noting. They are just there, part of my ever goring list of companions, most I have no idea who they are.

I don't have a stake in the story. And that's the problem. All Im told is that I'm supposed to save the know galaxy. So? Give me a reason to save it.

^^^^ Huge gripe. The only companions I know are the ones I had from 1 to 60 and Lana, who I met during SOR. The rest are just there. I know nothing about them except their relationship to Arcann. Not to me, but Arcann. So really, I don't give a flying fart about them. Wait - I forgot about Vette. But even there - like I'd like to know what she's been doing the past 5 years. All I get is a couple of lines.

And then there are the alerts - no dialog outside of "finding' a companion, most I don't know. And then noting. They are just there, part of my ever goring list of companions, most I have no idea who they are.

I don't have a stake in the story. And that's the problem. All Im told is that I'm supposed to save the know galaxy. So? Give me a reason to save it.

Look at it this way, it's kinda like building up the Justice League, of sorts. You've got your Supermans and Batmans and Wonder Womans, and then there are the Wonder Twins and Aqua Mans.

Look at it this way, it's kinda like building up the Justice League, of sorts. You've got your Supermans and Batmans and Wonder Womans, and then there are the Wonder Twins and Aqua Mans.

I like to think of myself as G’nort...brave, loyal, and honorable. :D

I have no idea what you are talking about? Are they some sort of Sith or Jedi?

I wonder if anyone from the writing team has take note of this thread, sadly my money would be that they don't visit the forums and believe everyone loves the story and feels every single alliance alert adds to the story and they have deep characterization. Though I can image how it would go if they did read it.

Lead Writer: Hey guys this chapter is the best yet... oh wait your not the PR guys, have you seen what our customers are saying about the story in Kofte, they are saying it sucks and isn't very good. I'm confused I keep saying every chapter is the best ever....

Write on the Phone (he actually phones in his two lines of story a week): Lets punish them and write really bad story with plot holes, that set things up that go no where!

Intern (isn't really up to speed on everything): Isn't that what you have been doing for the last 3 years....

Lead Writer: This chapters the best yet... bugger I'm stuck on a loop, I mean why would we want to do that?

Man hating writer (in charge of romances, only refuses to write them cause that would suggest that women needed men to be happy): Because their men!

Lead Writer: Don't you have some Lana Romance to write people have noticed that nothings progressed since Chapter 9 and the Vette romance was very short and the....

Man hating writer: You can't tell me what to do, I've told you before I'll only write for Kaylio and SCORPIO

Leader Writer: Don't remind me we had to shoe horn them into the story just to give you some work! Anyway why aren't people happy with the story.

Intern: Well it seems a lot of things but one think they have noted other than how dull the story is, lack of characterisation and despite claims that choice matters that they don't etc etc is the use of Valkorian being the Sith Emperor, seems the writing team had him as an insane galaxy consuming monster, who was defeated, confirmed dead by both sides, brought him back in SOR, had him eat a world full of his own people, disappear into deep space in such a way that he could be tracked, then it turns out his been living as a family man and a benevolent god loved and adored by his people....

Lead Writer: I'm not seeing a problem here.

Intern; Well the story line is so bad that even days of our lives wouldn't try and peddle that with some sort of Amnesia, worse is that since the force awakens it seems the canon account of what the force can do is significantly less than Valkorians god like powers. In fact Valkorian does appear to be more of a god than a force user, the general trend has been to down play the power of the force rather than turning it into a bad writing catch all that the force allowed me to do it.

Lead Writer: Still not seeing a problem.

Intern: OK really simply people want to know what the deal is with Valkorian

Lead Writer: Oh thats our big reveal his the players father.

Intern: So they are a child of the emperor, just like Kira though some what skipped over in the Jedi Knight story

All the writer: HSSSSSSSSSS, we don't talk about the 1 to 55 story, they don't exists! Only the Imperial agent story exists!

Lead Writer: But yeah just like Kira.

Intern: But that would make the Jedi Knight and Kira siblings.... and the male Jedi Knight can marry Kira.... is that really somewhere we want to go?

Lead Writer: I told you level 1 to 55 don't exist so we don't have to worry about it. Next chapter best chapter ever!

I wonder if anyone from the writing team has take note of this thread, sadly my money would be that they don't visit the forums and believe everyone loves the story and feels every single alliance alert adds to the story and they have deep characterization. Though I can image how it would go if they did read it.

Lead Writer: Hey guys this chapter is the best yet... oh wait your not the PR guys, have you seen what our customers are saying about the story in Kofte, they are saying it sucks and isn't very good. I'm confused I keep saying every chapter is the best ever....

Write on the Phone (he actually phones in his two lines of story a week): Lets punish them and write really bad story with plot holes, that set things up that go no where!

Intern (isn't really up to speed on everything): Isn't that what you have been doing for the last 3 years....

Lead Writer: This chapters the best yet... bugger I'm stuck on a loop, I mean why would we want to do that?

Man hating writer (in charge of romances, only refuses to write them cause that would suggest that women needed men to be happy): Because their men!

Lead Writer: Don't you have some Lana Romance to write people have noticed that nothings progressed since Chapter 9 and the Vette romance was very short and the....

Man hating writer: You can't tell me what to do, I've told you before I'll only write for Kaylio and SCORPIO

Leader Writer: Don't remind me we had to shoe horn them into the story just to give you some work! Anyway why aren't people happy with the story.

Intern: Well it seems a lot of things but one think they have noted other than how dull the story is, lack of characterisation and despite claims that choice matters that they don't etc etc is the use of Valkorian being the Sith Emperor, seems the writing team had him as an insane galaxy consuming monster, who was defeated, confirmed dead by both sides, brought him back in SOR, had him eat a world full of his own people, disappear into deep space in such a way that he could be tracked, then it turns out his been living as a family man and a benevolent god loved and adored by his people....

Lead Writer: I'm not seeing a problem here.

Intern; Well the story line is so bad that even days of our lives wouldn't try and peddle that with some sort of Amnesia, worse is that since the force awakens it seems the canon account of what the force can do is significantly less than Valkorians god like powers. In fact Valkorian does appear to be more of a god than a force user, the general trend has been to down play the power of the force rather than turning it into a bad writing catch all that the force allowed me to do it.

Lead Writer: Still not seeing a problem.

Intern: OK really simply people want to know what the deal is with Valkorian

Lead Writer: Oh thats our big reveal his the players father.

Intern: So they are a child of the emperor, just like Kira though some what skipped over in the Jedi Knight story

All the writer: HSSSSSSSSSS, we don't talk about the 1 to 55 story, they don't exists! Only the Imperial agent story exists!

Lead Writer: But yeah just like Kira.

Intern: But that would make the Jedi Knight and Kira siblings.... and the male Jedi Knight can marry Kira.... is that really somewhere we want to go?

Lead Writer: I told you level 1 to 55 don't exist so we don't have to worry about it. Next chapter best chapter ever!

hehehe made me laugh. :)

Yeah, they really went overboard with the "open-world" thing with DAI. I played through DAO and even DA2 at least 20 times, and I can't bring myself to play through DAI a second time. Too much busy work and a very short main story.

But the character development was top notch.

Yeah, and the busy work was there to hide how short and shallow the game actually was.

Edited by cool-dude