Solo PvP Strategy to destroy premades. Make PvP fun again with this strategy.

OldRepublicRevan

It's very simple. When you see a premade on the opposite team, leave the wz and convince as much of your team as possible to leave with you.

Enough times of this and eventually the premades or notorious groups that always run together will have to break up and fight each other if they want a pvp que to pop.

If you enjoy solo que and wanna see the pvp scene become less like a slaughter farm please heed this advice and rob them of their fun before they ruin yours!

Regs please leave wzs against premades and keep doing this to kill the super groups. Do this enough times and they'll either quit queing (which is just as good) or they'll end up on your team for once xD

Edited by OldRepublicRevan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very simple. When you see a premade on the opposite team, leave the wz and convince as much of your team as possible to leave with you.

Enough times of this and eventually the premades or notorious groups that always run together will have to break up and fight each other if they want a pvp que to pop.

If you enjoy solo que and wanna see the pvp scene become less like a slaughter farm please heed this advice and rob them of their fun before they ruin yours!

Pugs please leave wzs against premades and keep doing this to kill the super groups. Do this enough times and they'll either quit queing (which is just as good) or they'll end up on your team for once xD

Has no effect you wont be robing any one of fun as we premade enjoy grouping not we dont quit queing or any thing else. Were full time pvpers that will continue to play the game a we see fit. No amount of Solo PvP Strategy you can come up with will change that. What you will do is waste your own time while we laugh at you for doing so.

Has no effect you wont be robing any one of fun as we premade enjoy grouping not we dont quit queing or any thing else. Were full time pvpers that will continue to play the game a we see fit. No amount of Solo PvP Strategy you can come up with will change that. What you will do is waste your own time while we laugh at you for doing so.

You don't que for anything else? I guess you'll be in for a long wait once more regs start getting wise to the premade problem in unranked. The more people convinced to do this the harder time you'll have getting matches to farm newer pvpers and solo que players.

I know I'm not the only solo que player that feels this way and, they're are enough of us that if we stop queing together you FOTM classes won't have anything to farm (other than each other).

One last thing, I think you meant 'robbing' cause I've never had to put a robe or garment on anyone during a pvp match xD

Premades really take away the full from people quing solo, it has concerned me for a long time. However, i managed to get my sentinel to valor 100 and getting the achievment, so i dont have to PVP anymore :p

Anyway, I always said if there is a solo ranked and group ranked option, why isnt there a solo unranked and group unranked option? Let the premades fight premades and solo players solo players.

This is what was funny on TRE server, when doing unranked Imp premades just faceroll reps, but in ranked PVP it was a wonder to even encounter imps and if you did, they died like nothing!! Thats the true strengh of premades, together they are strong having a balanced team, teamspeak etc, but alone, they suck!

Premades really take away the full from people quing solo, it has concerned me for a long time. However, i managed to get my sentinel to valor 100 and getting the achievment, so i dont have to PVP anymore :p

Anyway, I always said if there is a solo ranked and group ranked option, why isnt there a solo unranked and group unranked option? Let the premades fight premades and solo players solo players.

This is what was funny on TRE server, when doing unranked Imp premades just faceroll reps, but in ranked PVP it was a wonder to even encounter imps and if you did, they died like nothing!! Thats the true strengh of premades, together they are strong having a balanced team, teamspeak etc, but alone, they suck!

Yeah I noticed that as well. Also a very sound idea. If you are grouped and que, your group should end up against another queued group. Otherwise join the solo que and let fate and a random draw decide what team you get on.

Ques might take longer but, I'd rather have that than keep getting facerolled by premades just looking to ruin solo que pvpers fun.

Regs please leave wzs against premades and keep doing this to kill the super groups. Do this enough times and they'll either quit queing (which is just as good) or they'll end up on your team for once xD

lmao..

It's very simple. When you see a premade on the opposite team......

IMHO: Yes it's very simple..

1st learn to play

2nd never surrender

That's it.

Otherwise you should never again play pvp.

Edited by Opaknack

If you throw a tantrum and leave a warzone because of something petty, like the enemy team being better, you're embarrassing yourself and your guild.

There's nothing wrong with friends playing together. It's an MMO. The core of the game is designed around the idea that friends want to play together.

The only problem regs has right now is the lack of cross-server/faction queues. Hopefully, we'll see cross-faction added for all WZs in the near future.

If you throw a tantrum and leave a warzone because of something petty, like the enemy team being better, you're embarrassing yourself and your guild.

There's nothing wrong with friends playing together. It's an MMO. The core of the game is designed around the idea that friends want to play together.

The only problem regs has right now is the lack of cross-server/faction queues. Hopefully, we'll see cross-faction added for all WZs in the near future.

If that's the case then some of the best pvp guilds on TSL should be completely ashamed. They leave when not on a stacked team. When their solo que people play they leave as soon as 1 node/door is lost. They don't even stick around to win it back or salvage a possible comeback win.

2 reasons why my guild won't care if I leave a WZ. 1st they're a pve based guild with mainly ops groups. Very few of us pvp and, 2nd is there is no shame is abandoning a hopeless battle. There is no honor or respect to be gained by being focused down by a group of 4 people using TS/Vent/Mumble to perfectly execute every stun and attack.

You go ahead and stay in your losing wzs. I guarntee the other team isn't thinking about respecting you as they're roflstomping your reg team into the ground.

I'm not against friends playing together. I'm against groups of set premades that only care about farming regs. If you group together in groups of 4 then you should be put into a special que against other premade teams of 4.

Solo que needs a queing system of its own.

Define premade on TRE please or premade in general.Your post is full of crap.Why?Because you came to TRE recently after transfer from Prog.You have no idea whats the real story of PVP on TRE.Ranked reps...You know who they are?Imps mate doing ranked on rep side.Do you consider 1 engi sniper,1 arsenal merc and 1 lightning sorc not using TS as a premade?Just one of many examples...From last night.Voidstar: Imp side 0 heals and 0 tanks and rep side 2,sage and scoundrel with 1 guardian tank.They lost and lost badly.What about sage/scoundrel spam on rep side?Thinking to quit pvp for some time because of pathetic players on rep side.When I see their compositions I know the outcome.On the other side I know your problem.2 groups of 4 in sync queue.Theres only one guild on imp side who does that and I dont like them either but please do not blame

everyone for that.Yes, imps are roflstomping reps most of the time and imps lose only cause of lack of heals or tanks.Wonder why?Sad games mate,low quality of gameplay on rep side.Scoundrel standing near entrenched sniper with 30 stacks of *I can see you* and when he dies hes blaming me for hacking on /say.Dont look at me as a hardcore imp because Im not.Most of my characters on rep side have higher valor rank than my imps.

Edited by NENADXN

I was going to stay out of this one as more of the same old same old but the little tidbit highlighted above made me literally lol...

It is completely laughable to assume that those playing in a premade are better players. In fact one could easily argue the opposite based on the amount of advantage granted/needed to compete with a bunch of randoms.

You want to argue all the playing with friends or knowing you have more better players i get all that.... but to assume for even one second that premade equates to skill is self serving gibberish.

No issue with people who group up and solo queue, but if all you do is group queue especially with full trinity teams you are not half as good as you think you are.

Once again, this is just another troll bait thread which has obviously already gotten some people to bite. There's no reason to start another thread with such an argumentative statement in the beginning unless you're just trying to start a flame war in the posts about pre-made vs solo queue, which is an already on-going conversation in another thread and I believe has been one for the past couple of years so there's no excuse of "i didn't see the other thread l0l".

At the end of the day, there's no reason to take this guy seriously, there's no reason to reply to this guy and when you do either of those all you are doing is feeding this obnoxious troll.

Edited by JargoFett

Is this really that big of a problem? I always solo que and maybe 1 out of 10 matches are extremely one sided slaughter matches where I can't kill anyone and die really fast. However, it's the same on our side. 1 out of 10 we dominate. Just get better and talk to your team and organize a strategy. No one wants to get swamped.

Is this really that big of a problem? I always solo que and maybe 1 out of 10 matches are extremely one sided slaughter matches where I can't kill anyone and die really fast. However, it's the same on our side. 1 out of 10 we dominate. Just get better and talk to your team and organize a strategy. No one wants to get swamped.

What if i told you mine was more like 2/3, would it be a problem then?

you cant force people to play how you want them to, its one of the reasons people do premade. I ask all the time about targets and such and generally get crickets in return so... while your advise is sound it assumes the other players buy in, which they do not always do so.

It isnt a skill issue, the whole "get better" thing is complete bull. No player no matter how good is going to counter a premade team with scrubs.

What I see are a bunch of whiners complaining that they couldn't lone-wolf and win the whole WZ by themselves. I'm a premade fan, I will be the first to admit that; I've organized four to eight man groups for unranked. Why? Because we're all friends, and we all want to PVP together. If you don't like it, toughen up and maybe JUST MAYBE be cool about it. Stop taken your win streaks so seriously and make friends with those premade guys. Not all members of a premade are great, but once in a while you'll get some guys that are REALLY good at pvp. You might learn a thing or two.

you cant force people to play how you want them to, its one of the reasons people do premade. I ask all the time about targets and such and generally get crickets in return so... while your advise is sound it assumes the other players buy in, which they do not always do so.

It isnt a skill issue, the whole "get better" thing is complete bull. No player no matter how good is going to counter a premade team with scrubs.

There is a technological solution for all this but we all know BW will never fix their queue system to truly make solo queues random so...

..."get good" is the crux of the whole problem. If you want better PUG PvP you need to either help people get better (and, let's face it, some/most folks just don't want to get better or can't get better) or you need to drive away the folks that don't/can't get better thereby shrinking the pool and increasing the general level of talent of those remaining.

Back in the "good old days" of 2.0, the server I was on had a really consistent group of PUG PvPers that could match up against 8 man premades pretty well because 1) Everyone knew how to play their classes, 2) Everyone knew what to do and 3) Nobody quit. There were blowouts of course, but most losses were reasonably close and wins were awesome b/c we just kicked the butts of people who were supposed to win.

Alas, that is not the case these days. And those days are gone b/c people eventually got bored and moved on. And yes, I know, my reductionist approach to improving PvP skill pools will eventually destroy the ecosystem. That is the way of things I'm afraid. Life is change so enjoy the moments that you can.

What I see are a bunch of whiners complaining that they couldn't lone-wolf and win the whole WZ by themselves. I'm a premade fan, I will be the first to admit that; I've organized four to eight man groups for unranked. Why? Because we're all friends, and we all want to PVP together. If you don't like it, toughen up and maybe JUST MAYBE be cool about it. Stop taken your win streaks so seriously and make friends with those premade guys. Not all members of a premade are great, but once in a while you'll get some guys that are REALLY good at pvp. You might learn a thing or two.

...or a bunch of team players that have no understanding of the fact that 4v1 isnt balanced and apprently need a lot of help to beat randoms.

Oh, and for the record, it isnt US that isnt cool about it.. Last night i faced a team with 7 of 8 in groups, one 4 man full trinity who BARELY won yet played the "REKT" card in say chat.

Thats not us whining, thats you being ******s. These are not people i want to be friends with. There is nothing they can teach me.

Wow, I don't think I have ever called a post in any forum pure cancer, but this is where I finally make the exception. I don't like going solo against premades, but I'll take that a hundred times over people abandoning matches and screwing over the rest of their team.

Well said and one of the central points I was trying to drive home. Thanks.

Wow, I don't think I have ever called a post in any forum pure cancer, but this is where I finally make the exception. I don't like going solo against premades, but I'll take that a hundred times over people abandoning matches and screwing over the rest of their team.

Then you misunderstand. It's not about harming the team I am on and, if anything I am trying to protect them and shelter them from a senseless slaughter at the hands of FOTM classes. It's not bad to encourage them to leave if the odds are heavily stacked in the other teams favor. This is about forcing the premades to break up every time they log in to just roflstomp the regs in solo que. The only cancer here is anyone that participates in the premades designed purely to farm solo que players and reg groups. Most of these groups don't even care about objectives and, all they seem to want to do is kill people enough to make them ragequit. So if the goal is to make them quit anyways, why not just leave que? Might as well beat them at their own game and ruin the que for them as well imo.

*Shrug*

No new players or solo que players are going to want to play pvp enough to learn or get better if, for hours and hours, the pvp que is filled with premades using some form of voice chat perfectly executing coordinated stuns and attacks.

Unfortunately your proposed strategy will never work. The reason is that there are premades out there that love to pug stomp, and they have already driven countless numbers of players away from PvP and that hasn't stopped them. So the fact that players leave matches because of premades, and refuse to ever queue again has had no real effect on dissuading premades in order to farm pugs in warzones, and it never will.

The ironic thing is that the same people that discourage people from doing PvP by forming their premade gangs of players on order to prey on inexperienced pugs are the first ones to use excuses like "separating the queues will lead to longer queue times". What they don't understand is that if more people were aloud to enjoy PvP, then more people would do it, and queue times would likely benefit from an influx of new players.

If 1 out of 10 is the worst it gets for you I wanna know what server you're on and, if we're on the same server I wanna know who you are so I know if you're lying or not.

Unfortunately your proposed strategy will never work. The reason is that there are premades out there that love to pug stomp, and they have already driven countless numbers of players away from PvP and that hasn't stopped them. So the fact that players leave matches because of premades, and refuse to ever queue again has had no real effect on dissuading premades in order to farm pugs in warzones, and it never will.

The ironic thing is that the same people that discourage people from doing PvP by forming their premade gangs of players on order to prey on inexperienced pugs are the first ones to use excuses like "separating the queues will lead to longer queue times". What they don't understand is that if more people were aloud to enjoy PvP, then more people would do it, and queue times would likely benefit from an influx of new players.

I never said refuse the que all the time. Just que and if a premade is seen on the other side just have the reg team leave the match entirely. If people really are sick of premades and want to teach them a lesson than this is the best way to go about it.

The regs and solo que people outnumber the premade groups. There is enough of us that if we are all serious about it we can dominate the que as we see fit and, only allow the farming premades to que when WE see fit to stay in the games.

It's completely within our capability to control, if only more people would get on board with the idea. I'll just continue spreading the word and reminding all regs I see to adopt this style till it catches on more.

How do I know the opposition is a pre-made?

I can see if 8 players are in the same guild, that's probably a clue, but OTOH I've put together part of a team, and been merged with another part-made team, so we're all 'pre-made'- though not necessarily all working in close harmony with voice chat and the rest.

- Only this morning we suggested an interesting strategy in my PUG group in the holding pen, and won Queshball easily 6-1. we co-ordinated well, but AFAIK none of us knew each other- most people queued again and we just scraped a win in VS - only about 20 seconds in it. Both pub v imp with a lot of names from 1st game, so it wasn't a case of being all mixed up second time around.

IMHO if you can't win or give pre-mades a run for their money, then it's a question of L2 make friends.