The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Sorcerers In PVP

Narat

I hate to be the one to say it and I certainly hate to be the one advocating for a nerf but seriously. Sith Sorcerers are OP as heck! I may be the first one to come out and say it but seriously Bio-ware swing the bat before the whole game population rolls one.

The first person who says learn to play the game is more than likely a sith sorcerer laughing their behinds off at how simple it is to push the "I win" button.

If you don't think im tell the truth then look for yourself. Tells the population what the character class breakdowns are. I would guess its overwhelmingly Sith Sorceres for the empire. I can't go into a warzone game without having to fight 4 of them on a good day and on the worst days it's 6. Its all just purple lightning from every direction.

I know there is a huge fear of swing that bat so early after release but seriously bite the bullit and fix it.

Possible Solutions

1. raise the force cost to a point they can't use it as often.

2. decrease the range to 10

3. decrease the damage of it.

4. take the root out of it.

Do something to even the playing field!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost no one will complain about Sorcerers and Sages once a lv. 50 bracket is added. Sorcerers and Sages just get too much too early, but that doesn't matter for endgame.

People might be complaining about Scoundrel and Operative burst though.

Edited by GeLopez

Yeah totally... they should nerf SI, and SW and especially, BH/smugglers, pretty much all the classes are overpowered except Imperial agents... these guys need a buff.

Said the guy who is playing for imerial agent.

Everyone asks to nerf the classes EXCEPT HIS OWN CLASS !!! Just remember one thing , if you ask to nerf other class then the other guy will ask to nerf your class later.

And what we will get after milion of complains ? Right !!! We will get the other version of WOW where Devs will nerf and OP each class in turn, every 2 -3 months.....and u know what, its NOT FUN !!!

Edited by Tamernator

I hate to be the one to say it and I certainly hate to be the one advocating for a nerf but seriously. Sith Sorcerers are OP as heck!

Sage is the mirror and does just as much damage.

BH/Troop does as much damage.

Agent/Smug does as much damage.

Sent/Mar does has much damage

You need to rethink posting about saying a class is OP, cause all the classes are fine.

Edited by Caeliux

I laugh at how you only point out SIs. Not a word about BH/IO/Assassins and their mirrors.

Most of your QQ is about being free casted on. When you actually PvP you will come to realise that the other classes are just as OP or even more but you arent complaining now cause most people rolled SI.

Balance is non-existent in this game's PvP. Next week when you get rick rolled by another class you are going to make another thread saying x is OP.

Also, Sorcerers are glass cannons. They might put out crazy damage, but look at the number of times they die. Without their bubble which has a 20 second reuse time, they drop in no time. They might be putting out a lot of dmg, but if your team will focus them first, they won't last long.

Almost no one will complain about Sorcerers and Sages once a lv. 50 bracket is added. Sorcerers and Sages just get too much too early, but that doesn't matter for endgame.

People might be complaining about Scoundrel and Operative burst though.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

qft operatives & scoundrels are scary at high level. they can crit for 7k+ !

I laugh at how you only point out SIs. Not a word about BH/IO/Assassins and their mirrors.

Most of your QQ is about being free casted on. When you actually PvP you will come to realise that the other classes are just as OP or even more but you arent complaining now cause most people rolled SI.

Balance is non-existent in this game's PvP. Next week when you get rick rolled by another class you are going to make another thread saying x is OP.

if most people rolled it then there is a reason. the reason being they are easy and OP'd with current build. I have no issues killing a sorcerer one on one. but when you have 6 of them something is out of balance. That is the issue that Bio Ware must address.

Being a sorc myself , i can tell you if you let us freely cast we dish out top dmg.

If we are focused on , interupted , stunned , then we are as balanced as the rest , we die pretty fast.

Oh yeah btw , tell me a game where a caster / ranged isnt op if you let them cast without interuption..

hm....none ?

I hate to be the one to say it and I certainly hate to be the one advocating for a nerf but seriously. Sith Sorcerers are OP as heck! I may be the first one to come out and say it but seriously Bio-ware swing the bat before the whole game population rolls one.

The first person who says learn to play the game is more than likely a sith sorcerer laughing their behinds off at how simple it is to push the "I win" button.

If you don't think im tell the truth then look for yourself. Tells the population what the character class breakdowns are. I would guess its overwhelmingly Sith Sorceres for the empire. I can't go into a warzone game without having to fight 4 of them on a good day and on the worst days it's 6. Its all just purple lightning from every direction.

I know there is a huge fear of swing that bat so early after release but seriously bite the bullit and fix it.

Possible Solutions

I think their damage is ok and only feels OP because of the ranged the problem i have with them is

1) bubble

2) sprints

3) heals

4) lots of cc

Their damage is on par but with all the rest of these it does make them OP.

This is coming from a Sith Jugg

Being a sorc myself , i can tell you if you let us freely cast we dish out top dmg.

If we are focused on , interupted , stunned , then we are as balanced as the rest , we die pretty fast.

Oh yeah btw , tell me a game where a caster / ranged isnt op if you let them cast without interuption..

hm....none ?

i have to agree, if you are having probs with a Sorc just send a assassin to him they will die in 3 shots. Sins normally dump on my Sorc for about 4k a hit, and dont forget IF i get their health even close to below half they just push the magic stealth and get away button every time.

Ok, this is not to defend my Sorc, or to declare it OP. However, this is the arsenal of a lvl 50 lightning sorc.

One stun on a one minute cool down. There is a talent to reduce it to 50 seconds.

A six second cool down channeled snare. This spell does relatively low damaged compared to my other spells, however Madness speced sorcs get talents that refresh it's cool down and increases it's damage.

We have an AOE knockback. There is a talent that adds a root after knocking them back deep inside of the Lightning tree. The root, after 2 seconds, will break on damage, but lasts 5 seconds otherwise.

We have a shield, that can be used on ourselves every 20 seconds. When it falls off it blinds enemies for three seconds. This blind breaks instantly from damage.

A one minute cool down whirlwind for crowd control. Madness have a talent that makes this affect more targets, and there is a talent to decrease the cool down.

I think a lot of people confuse how strong sorcs are based on how many there are. Sorcs were the most popular day one class due to lore, look, and the fact it was the only caster available. Add this in with the fact all of their animations look the same, and you could easily confuse the damage being done by three thinking it's just one attacking you.

I don't think we're the strongest PvP class, but I don't think we're push overs either.

Possible Solutions

I hope BW ignores you. People like you will be the death of pvp in this game.

I am playing a Sorcerer and i wanted to play it far before any Betas...

I think the main reason why so many sorceres are around is simple one fact...everybody wants to shot lighnings and dont want to hurl little rocks at enemys...like the jedi council.

Its a style question. And to tell you the truth for i have a hard time against everyone that wears heavy armor do you now why? Because the damage of the sorcerer is energy based.

That means its armor sensitive like hell we dont have armor penetration. Damageoutput like hell yeah sure? 500crit lightningstrike YEAH after standing still for 1,5sec

The soldier comes to me and rigroll every sorcerer with gravitationalshot because it crits on mr.glasscannon for 3k. And he can spam it like hell. And dont tell me he cant because of his energycells...i saw a soldier shooting this shots 10times in a row...and killed with it MANY glasscannons...poor things :(

For a Sorcerer to crit with 3k there need to be no Armor...and you need a lucky shot with the chainlightning.

The only thing about the Sorcerer/Counslor is that they have high surviveablitiys to get out of bad situation. But they need it both...why? Let me tell you...they are the only class in the entire game to STAND STILL to deal damage. BT,IA,Soldiers,SM, Everyone can run around just shot you to death if you cant use forcespeed.

So Sorcerer is not OP its just a popular class because of the style and the surviveability in PvP

I hope BW ignores you. People like you will be the death of pvp in this game.

+1

"Nerf this, Nerf that" people destroy every single game they are in , and after they destroy it they go to other game to do the same becuz they realize that PVP in first game became worthless but they do not realize that it became worthless becuz of them crying and asking for nerfs.

Edited by Tamernator

if most people rolled it then there is a reason. the reason being they are easy and OP'd with current build. I have no issues killing a sorcerer one on one. but when you have 6 of them something is out of balance. That is the issue that Bio Ware must address.

Love the lack of logic in these threads. More players ---> More Power. SIS has most players. SIS has most power. QED.

There are only 8 classes. There is only 1 mage archetype class that happens to also be able to heal. Obviously this class is going to get some serious play.

I main a Corr(Heal) spec Sorc in PvP and have no issues taking dmg from other Sorcs. I can interrupt them and LoS them and their burst just isn't enough to make me piss my pants. I get my *** beat up by IAs and BHs with monster ranged burst dps and the CC to go with it. I get my *** beat up by Sins/Shads with monster melee burst dps and the interrupt/snares to go with it. Marauders aren't quite as bad unless they are damn good at knowing what CC to break and what CC to save trinket on. I feel as though the class is fairly balanced.

To the TCs of all these "Sorc is OP SADFACE" cryfests... post some video of yourself playing the game. Or better yet, watch some video of someone who knows how to play your class.