Treasure Hunting Lockboxes are causing massive inflation and a proposed solution.

Rozaran

well... the nerf is live. no more credits from boxes, just items.

just figured, I'd resurect this thread, cause relevant.

Thank goodness is all I can say, giving that amount of credits for boxes was crazy, reminded me of when the game opened and slicing was giving 5k per box on tier 1 missions, heh. I really hope the prices drop on the GTN, I really didn't want to dish out 125m for Kylo Rens lightsaber ;)

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... the nerf is live. no more credits from boxes, just items.

just figured, I'd resurect this thread, cause relevant.

gold seller scum got their nerf, just what they wanted

another crew skill gutted. I give it 2 weeks before we hear about the next crew skill that is "ruining" the game

Edited by ivanhedgehog

gold seller scum got their nerf, just what they wanted

another crew skill gutted. I give it 2 weeks before we hear about the next crew skill that is "ruining" the game

It was an exploit, glad it's gone. I just hope they get rid of the credit sellers period.

I always wondered why it was there to begin with, given that the role of Treasure Hunting was "get lockboxes that contained gear," and Slicing was the skill for "cash from crew skills."

from a game-design-aesthetic pov, this rates "good" from me. It's still useful for pulling gear from for looks or stats (you can get some pretty nice Artifact gear from time to time), so it's not useless.

I always wondered why it was there to begin with, given that the role of Treasure Hunting was "get lockboxes that contained gear," and Slicing was the skill for "cash from crew skills."

from a game-design-aesthetic pov, this rates "good" from me. It's still useful for pulling gear from for looks or stats (you can get some pretty nice Artifact gear from time to time), so it's not useless.

It is useless, because now it is a net loss doing treasure hunting. Counting on the occasional crit is not a valid strategy.

It was an exploit, glad it's gone. I just hope they get rid of the credit sellers period.

They won't. The TH was not exploit - botting it was. And i don't even think it was that profitable tbh. Just getting a 65 lvl toon( which according to the OP were running 24/7 TH on several hundred accounts ) in a high spawn area and leaving it to bot imo gives better return.

It is useless, because now it is a net loss doing treasure hunting. Counting on the occasional crit is not a valid strategy.

So, it's like every other gathering skill now? Can't say that fills me with any negative emotion. It's a way to get drop items for looks or other characters (or the GTN) that you can't get any other way because of drop tables being synced to your natural level, and that's plenty good for me.

It's slicing that ought to be net-positive in a direct manner. But We Can't Have Nice Things there, apparently.

So, it's like every other gathering skill now? Can't say that fills me with any negative emotion. It's a way to get drop items for looks or other characters (or the GTN) that you can't get any other way because of drop tables being synced to your natural level, and that's plenty good for me.

It's slicing that ought to be net-positive in a direct manner. But We Can't Have Nice Things there, apparently.

Well, they nerfed slicing too, a while back. Apparently, making credits in a legal way in-game is not in Bioware's interest. I wonder how long it will be until they offer creds via the CM directly. The way this mess is going it can't be that long till that state....

I guess they don't want us to be able to make a profit from crafting alone. They require us to do something else AFTER we've crafted or gathered, like make and sell an item or GTN the mats. Not that I object to that concept, but they kind of left all these things running for a long time that didn't tick that checkbox. Then when they change it, they're sneaky and underhanded about it; seems a bit of dodgy way to do things.

using a crew skill as intended is not an exploit. try to understand that

Using a bot program to send out your slaves 24/7 is not even an exploit, it is a cheat. If there were people doing this, they should have been banned and a system put in place to monitor stuff like that in the future. But as is typical with BW, they take the easier way out and just remove the credits and don't tell anyone about it and hope no one notices it.

Using a bot program to send out your slaves 24/7 is not even an exploit, it is a cheat. If there were people doing this, they should have been banned and a system put in place to monitor stuff like that in the future. But as is typical with BW, they take the easier way out and just remove the credits and don't tell anyone about it and hope no one notices it.

I noticed they also reduced the amount from grade 9 slicing lockbox's

Edited by rklontz

You need to learn what an exploit! :rolleyes:

That was NOT an exploit. The only problem with TH was the cheaters using it to bot accounts. Guess what? BOTS are still botting; cheaters still cheating. It's not stopped anything other than the credit farmers now will find yet another way to cheat.

The credit sellers will still be in game. Deal with it, like the rest of us do. Ignore, report, move on.

Well... they stealth nerfed it... it has some meaning... and come on... the entertainment value of this will never go sour.

Nope, we'll be told "Sorry, we missed putting it in the patch notes" or some similar comment (if any).

Nothing stealthy about it at all, they just forgot to add it in. /sarcasm.

You need to learn what an exploit! :rolleyes:

That was NOT an exploit. The only problem with TH was the cheaters using it to bot accounts. Guess what? BOTS are still botting; cheaters still cheating. It's not stopped anything other than the credit farmers now will find yet another way to cheat.

The credit sellers will still be in game. Deal with it, like the rest of us do. Ignore, report, move on.

Heh it was used to exploit the game, anyhow it can still make credits probably a lot more then boxes, have you seen the prices on the companion gifts and purple mats? They probably earn more than getting the credits from the boxes anyhow. Learn to be resourceful. Exploit or not getting the amount of credits givin was not good. So now you actually have to play the game to earn credits boohoo. Just run a few Weekly's they increased the credits with those. :)

they didnt fix a cheat or exploit, they nerfed a crewskill. the cheat or exploit still works just like it always has, the users of it will just transfer to something else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.