What is the rarest player character?

coltess

I'm just curious. Statistically speaking there is one type of toon that is the rarest in game in terms of how many people play a particular type of character.

Which of the two sexes is less picked?

What is the least use race?

What is the least used class?

Of that that class, which advanced class is used less?

Of that advanced class which skill tree is least chosen?

Just curious, anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got an image of a body style 4, orange furred, cathar jugg fighting a bothan over a pan of lasagna.... :eek:

I would say that cathar are probably the rarest species used.

I've a Cathar female Vanguard. She looks exactly like the one in KotFE on Asylum. Really messed with my mind when I saw that. I thought BW was being extra tricksy but no.

Based on what I saw on a couple of servers (so it might not be accurate, actually pretty sure at least some part of it is wrong)

Male

Chiss

Smuggler

Slinger

Dirty Fighting

I had this thought after all those question appeared in Musco's Marathon Stream. We could have a "Stats Trivia" corner in the community forum where they post numbers / info like that on a weekly basis. People could make suggestions and they try to pull the data from their metrics. Nothing sensitive like sub numbers or CM sales. More fun stuff like what was asked on the stream: How many character deaths/suicides have happened on fleet? E.g.: How many Bantha steaks have been sold? How many players have a stronghold? Which is the least used body type? Which body type is most popular for class X? Which class has the highest percentage of female characters? What the class with the highest percentage of max level characters?

And just for the fun of it, my guess regarding your title question would be male body type 4 Chiss Focus Sentard. :rak_03:

Edited by KyaniteD

For the criteria of the least liked its:

Male (There is no doubt there)

Body type 4

Smuggler (Was the least played in 2014)

Scoundrel (Was one of the 2 least played in 2012 and didn’t get any popularity boost when compared to Vanguard)

Sawbones (Since most players don’t PvP nor PvE, odds are that they aren’t healers which would make it the least popular)

Togruta (Probably the least played overall for male toon, but I could make a case to just about any races beside humans, cyborgs and Twi’lek for the smuggler. For example, I’ve never seen a Body type 4 Pureblood Sith Scoundrel Healer.)

2014 statistics

2012 Advanced Class distribution

Thinking about it, I’ve never seen a Pureblood Sith smuggler either. I might create one, just to make sure that it does indeed exist somewhere.

I'm just curious. Statistically speaking there is one type of toon that is the rarest in game in terms of how many people play a particular type of character.

for me?

i dont have a preference on male or female.

zabrak/nightbrothers i dont play that often like Miraluka.

healer spec is least used and i have no preference on class as i play them all.

Based on what I saw on a couple of servers (so it might not be accurate, actually pretty sure at least some part of it is wrong)

Male

Chiss

Smuggler

Slinger

Dirty Fighting

I think you are pretty spot on. I rarely see any Chiss. I do have one but don't play him. He's an operative. And yes, I see mostly the other 3 classes on Republic side but not very many Smugglers, especially Gunslinger. Mine is a Marksman.

Don't see how any of us can really say what is the rarest in any category only what we as individuals play most.

For me.

Race

Human, then Chiss then twi'lek Toruga Have all unlocked but least used Sith pure blood

Faction

Republic, then Imp

Class

Smuggler, Consular, Inquisitor, Commando (again have all)

Skill tree, always DPS but no preference as to which side of the advanced skill tree. as have equal on both

gender.

equal amount of both. may have a 49% 51% ratio but could not say which one is most without logging into every server to do a head count. have over 250- maybe even 300+ characters now. again without logging into every server?.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

I own 3 chiss lol 2 rattataki , 2 merilian , 2 miraluka , 4 pure blood , 4 humans , 2 cathar , 1 togruta .

I don't make Zabrak because their hair-do suck . And Cyborg should never been a race as such but an addition to Humans .

On shadowLand , Ive seen pretty much anything...on either side . Ive seen Sith Merilian as well as Pure Blood Jedi on Repb . Wanna see Body 4 ? most of them are Smugglers (at least before all these changes) , guess none wanna be Baras :D

Eit::eek: forgot Twilek....the day they fix them Hood...I make some Inquisitor Twilek...:p

Edited by SerraShar

2014 statistics

2012 Advanced Class distribution

Thinking about it, I’ve never seen a Pureblood Sith smuggler either. I might create one, just to make sure that it does indeed exist somewhere.

Ha, that's right. There was that. I think there was also one for crafting & credits, but all I could find was this. xD

Pretty sure I've seen a pureblood smuggler on fleet shortly after species could be unlocked for both factions. But that's been 4 years, so we need a new one. ;-)

I hardly ever see Chiss, I wonder why that is. I know why I don't play them - the tomato soup red eyes clashes in a bad way with the blue/purple hair and skin. If only we had a few different shades of red to choose from. Just something slightly pinker, purpler, would do the trick. Edited by grania

I hardly ever see Chiss, I wonder why that is. I know why I don't play them - the tomato soup red eyes clashes in a bad way with the blue/purple hair and skin. If only we had a few different shades of red to choose from. Just something slightly pinker, purpler, would do the trick.

Aww....

your comment remind me of this though :D

http://img2.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/a/5/a542a698aFdan.jpg

I honestly don't know. In terms how often they exist I suppose you won't find such a big difference. How often they are actually played, however, that might be different.

I am inclined to say that you encounter gunslingers relatively rarely, whereas its imperial mirror class, the sniper is relatively common.

I guess among sages the healers are more common than the damage dealers. Whereas Inquisitors that throw around masses of lightning are pretty common, my guess would be about half of the sages are in seers (whereas it would be a third if it was even distributed).

Force Users are generally more common than others - people like lightsabers. Generally, if an advanced class has either a tank or healer spec and two damage specs, that healer or tank spec is more common than any one of the damage specs, but not more common than the two damage specs together (i.e. a member of the given advanced class is still more likely to be damage dealer than either tank or healer), with the exception of the seer sages noted above.

The shared spec, which both of the advanced classes of any given base class have, does tend to be less common than the other spects.

When it comes to species it's difficult to tell, because one does not necessarily realize what species a given character is. There might be anything but a Togruta under a full trooper armour with helmet. I am inclined to say Rattataki.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

I just got an image of a body style 4, orange furred, cathar jugg fighting a bothan over a pan of lasagna.... :eek:

I would say that cathar are probably the rarest species used.

I had more of a body type 1, possibly a hint of mange and random exclamations of "ack, pfft, or thbfft".

Bill and Opus for POSTUS. Bring back two spaces after the period.

Male Togruta is probably the rarest, thanks to the whacked up lekku

Female Togruta are fairly common though as far as I've seen (still remember the horde of Ahsoka clones on Tython when they were released)

Between both sexes though I'd say Cathar is probably rarest.

Agree with others smuggler is rarest class

I am not so sure whether male characters are actually less common. While it is true that many male players, including myself, play female characters, I am inclined to say that whenever I am in a flashpoint it is less likely that the other three members are all female than all male.

I think you are pretty spot on. I rarely see any Chiss. I do have one but don't play him. He's an operative. And yes, I see mostly the other 3 classes on Republic side but not very many Smugglers, especially Gunslinger. Mine is a Marksman.

And of course, I've got a male Chiss Gunslinger. :D